[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

Maybe if i can figure out the effects

What effects? The color and size of the tracers?

Just make it possible to shoot and aim with the gun, please no fixed gun. I already tried to do it myself and failed to add transform axis to Locobs E11 blaster model. Didn't work in KSP after exporting. I just dont have enough time to learn how to properly edit a model in blender/unity. But I can edit the rest.

Hey guys, sorry I've been away a while. RL stuff and haven't had the "GO" to cfg bash (The really cool work is honestly being done by Lordprometheus) Credit goes where it is very well deserved. I haven't given up just been taking a break before I start seeing KSP in my soup. (already see it on the inside of my eyelids. I'm having that looked at)

Thanks for all the interest and support.

Hey guys, sorry I've been away a while. RL stuff and haven't had the "GO" to cfg bash (The really cool work is honestly being done by Lordprometheus) Credit goes where it is very well deserved. I haven't given up just been taking a break before I start seeing KSP in my soup. (already see it on the inside of my eyelids. I'm having that looked at)

Thanks for all the interest and support.

No problem. Just keep us updated every now an then

Dude that's fantastic! That's the first pic I've seen of anyone using this mod! Thanks for the insiration.

So it sounds like Spacescumbag may be joining the fold. I'm always up for collaboration. Cooler stuff always presents itself that way :)

Dude that's fantastic! That's the first pic I've seen of anyone using this mod! Thanks for the insiration.

So it sounds like Spacescumbag may be joining the fold. I'm always up for collaboration. Cooler stuff always presents itself that way :)

no no I should thank you for being patient with me a while back to help me install it

BTW something that I have thought about.

A kerbal sized weapons manager that can be attached to the kerbal

no no I should thank you for being patient with me a while back to help me install it

BTW something that I have thought about.

A kerbal sized weapons manager that can be attached to the kerbal

Well, I did insert the weapon manager module into the hand held targeting pod. I didn't see a use for a stand alone weapon manager on anything else at the time. I'm totally interested in how it would be used though. What where your thoughts? - How were you thinking of using it? "Kerbo" style gun load outs or something ;)

Well, I did insert the weapon manager module into the hand held targeting pod. I didn't see a use for a stand alone weapon manager on anything else at the time. I'm totally interested in how it would be used though. What where your thoughts? - How were you thinking of using it? "Kerbo" style gun load outs or something ;)

What I'm thinking is adding the weapons manager as a backpack equipable part and replace the weapon ammo boxes with set amount of ammo for the guns. If you can set the weapon manager to guard mode then effectively you have stand alone kerbals in guard mode. For example if one kerbal has the hand held mini gun and is set to team a then a fighter set to team B flys by the kerbal would turn to engage the enemy fighter.

Yes I know easier said than done

edit: I saw where the mini gun already has ammo in it. So reality is you are already half way there.

edit2:

akDIlFx.png

To give you a better idea here is Bob Kerman using your mod along with LordPromethius's PEW stinger missile. If Bob could get a weapons manager and be set to guard mode then Bob can defend against enemy aircraft

Edited by War Eagle 1

What I'm thinking is adding the weapons manager as a backpack equipable part and replace the weapon ammo boxes with set amount of ammo for the guns. If you can set the weapon manager to guard mode then effectively you have stand alone kerbals in guard mode. For example if one kerbal has the hand held mini gun and is set to team a then a fighter set to team B flys by the kerbal would turn to engage the enemy fighter.

Yes I know easier said than done

edit: I saw where the mini gun already has ammo in it. So reality is you are already half way there.

edit2:

http://i.imgur.com/akDIlFx.png

To give you a better idea here is Bob Kerman using your mod along with LordPromethius's PEW stinger missile. If Bob could get a weapons manager and be set to guard mode then Bob can defend against enemy aircraft

Ah gotcha. So a couple issues I see that needs to be overcome is, the recoil turns the Kerbals only allowing a burst fire of about 2 seconds before you are aiming in the wrong direction. This could possibly be adjusted in the BD module maybe lower the mass of the bullets? Problem 2 which could probably be overcome by solving the first issue. The weapons will drop out of the Kerbals hands if the are too heavy, I'm almost positive this is linked to the mass of the ammo.

Ah gotcha. So a couple issues I see that needs to be overcome is, the recoil turns the Kerbals only allowing a burst fire of about 2 seconds before you are aiming in the wrong direction. This could possibly be adjusted in the BD module maybe lower the mass of the bullets? Problem 2 which could probably be overcome by solving the first issue. The weapons will drop out of the Kerbals hands if the are too heavy, I'm almost positive this is linked to the mass of the ammo.

Understood. Just something to think about. Im working with a group who are doing their own Kollaborative Warfare series so something like this would be taken into consideration if it gets updated

Could you just put the weapon manager into the gun part? I haven't tried that but it may work

I tried to put a regular BD armory weapon manager and attach it to the FPS hand held missile rail but when i turn on the GUI it says manager not found as if it was not even there. My theory is because it does not recognize the kerbal and the missile rail should be considered on craft but instead sees it as two craft with the kerbal simply holding it.

That said I'm by no means good enough to really know what is going on or how to aid in helping mod. Im just a guy with very basic computer knowledge (I was happy when I figured out how to instal a mod into a game if that says anything) so I'm just giving off ideas sense this mod is still early alpha.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Ok so the weapon manager can be put into a gun. You just need to have a source of electricity. I used the module from an RTG so you don't get a power bar on the gun's right click menu. Also you don't need to worry about energy issues. And when I used the weapon manager on the hand held targeting pod. It would relay the coordinates to the missile fired from the rail on the Kerbal's back, as well as other crafts. So you could lase a target with a kerbal and shoot at said target from a drone. There where accuracy issues with the rescaled missile though, but I believe that was due to messing with the scale and engine output from the missile. I haven't managed to rebalanced that yet. But I believe if you where to say use that hand held pod and then equip a gun to the kerbals back (or any other open equipment slot) then you should be able to slave that gun to the targeting pod and weapon manager. I believe that BDArmory recognizes a kerbal as a ship.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, Thank you Lordprometheus for taking care of everybody as much as you have been. Really appreciate everything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.