[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

First is possible, second not I think. However, if I think further, it could be with a new part module... if Yogui87 is interested, I\'d make one ;D

I\'m always interested in other work. Show me what you can do and if it feets to my mod I\'ll add it in the next patch (with your name in credits of course).

PS: Next patch release is near: I\'m 90% finish texturing the nacelle and airbags.

airbags.png

Yogui, I have a suggestion for you.

'Your mission, if you accept it, is to make a Kerbal Philae lander ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philae_lander ) , with a working harpoon for Minmus landings. This message will self-destruct in 3, 2, 1...' =P

The Philae is a very interesting device, I must say. It uses a Harpoon to rendezvous with low-gravity celestial bodies, something never employed before.

It\'s not an easy mission, but I deduce that as you\'re awesome, you will figure out how to do it. :)

[glow=red,2,300]Rover v2.0 is out.[/glow] You\'ll can test by yourself 'soft' landing with airbags. Remeber it\'s not a real airbag, just a parachute seem like an airbag: so it will not avoid land crash.

Tell me what you think about it. I\'m don\'t like very much the nacelle\'s texture itself, I think it looks like some stickers on a white sheet of paper. If anyone want to re-texture it, I\'m interested to see what he can do.

'Your mission, if you accept it, is to make a Kerbal Philae lander, with a working harpoon for Minmus landings.'

I like the idea but I don\'t have any idea how to make a harpoon. So I put this project in stand-by.

And to close my post, just an image of my new project:

53832945.jpg

Do you recognise it?

Not the SPECIFIC class, but its a Imperium of Man ship. I\'m a Warhammer buff. I\'m going to take a guess that its a Retribution Class Battleship; everything save the engine nacelles look like a Retribution.

Next patch v2.5 coming soon

- reduce size 1/2 to easier carry to Mun

- Foldable wheels for a more compact rover

- sky-crane to bring your rover to Mun.

Holy shit, i\'m really looking forward to the sky cranes

[glow=red,2,300]Rover v2.0 is out.[/glow] You\'ll can test by yourself 'soft' landing with airbags. Remeber it\'s not a real airbag, just a parachute seem like an airbag: so it will not avoid land crash.

Tell me what you think about it. I\'m don\'t like very much the nacelle\'s texture itself, I think it looks like some stickers on a white sheet of paper. If anyone want to re-texture it, I\'m interested to see what he can do.

I like the idea but I don\'t have any idea how to make a harpoon. So I put this project in stand-by.

And to close my post, just an image of my new project:

53832945.jpg

Do you recognise it?

The Battlebarge: Litany of Fury. FOR THE EMPRAH! >:(

Not the SPECIFIC class, but its a Imperium of Man ship. I\'m a Warhammer buff. I\'m going to take a guess that its a Retribution Class Battleship; everything save the engine nacelles look like a Retribution.

Almost in bull\'s eye. It\'s a Heavy cruiser Overlord class from Battlefleet Gothic game.

I\'ve already finished 30% of the mesh.

overlordf.png

This is great work. I look forward to future updates.

Off topic:

Until 10 minutes ago, I had no idea what a 'Nacelle' was, so I looked it up. Now I get it. However, I came across this:

http://uss-horizon.tripod.com/nacelle.html

What in the world is this? If I go to the main index page, it says the info is now classified. I can\'t find any other pages associated with that site. I wonder if it\'s some top secret program run by a government and they use a random old tripod hosted site to share info?

Update: Never mind - it\'s some random star trek nonsense.

Update II: That site is probably run by these two idiots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussblackhawk/3570456908/#

This is great work. I look forward to future updates.

Off topic:

Until 10 minutes ago, I had no idea what a 'Nacelle' was, so I looked it up. Now I get it. However, I came across this:

http://uss-horizon.tripod.com/nacelle.html

What in the world is this? If I go to the main index page, it says the info is now classified. I can\'t find any other pages associated with that site. I wonder if it\'s some top secret program run by a government and they use a random old tripod hosted site to share info?

Update: Never mind - it\'s some random star trek nonsense.

Update II: That site is probably run by these two idiots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussblackhawk/3570456908/#

It\'s a scematic of a warp nacelle from the Star Trek universe

I love your first 2 projects (mun lander and rover), and the rover is my favorite part set.

Maybe a idea for the next update: The landing of the airbags aren\'t really realistic, it will be more realistic if it will bounce when it hit the ground like in real, I think this is possible in KSP.

Really looking forward to the next update from the rover.

I downloaded the Rover and all the mods it says to install, and I\'m running on 0.15.2 but it still, says that it won\'t run on that version. Any idea\'s? ??? ??? ??? ???

Most likely the plugins are in the wrong subdir. (perhaps in ...\plugin instead of ...\Plugins)

I downloaded the Rover and all the mods it says to install, and I\'m running on 0.15.2 but it still, says that it won\'t run on that version. Any idea\'s? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sounds strange. Have you overwrite your plugins with thoose in the .rar file? May be you\'re running an old version of one of them.

Ok, this may sound weird but, when i fly ANYTHING with the rover over 5km the entire ship vanishes... everything just vanishes. i still get readings from mechjeb and my attitude indicator as well as my altitude but the ENTIRE thing is just gone.

any way i can fix this? ???

and yes, parts in parts folder and plugins in plugins folder...

also, it will not deploy anything in the rover(solar panels, camera, antenna) may this be related? :(

I don\'t understand anything, even if it\'s my language ???. May be it\'s a google translate or brain damages due to too many time spend in zero-gravity ;D. I appreciate your effort but it\'s easier for me to understand you in english.

XD sa me fait toujours rire quand y en a qui essaie de parler francais X) et serieux ton mod est INCROYABLE j\'ai des idees de chose que tu pourais rajouter si tu ni as pas deja penser XD:

-Mars Pathfinder Sojourner Rover (le premier rover qui est aller sur mars) il est simple et petit se qui ferais qu\'il serais beaucoup plus facille a envoyer a cause de sa masse de 10.5kg comparer a opportunity qui est de 185kg et donc 17 fois plus plus leger la raison que je te parle de sa masse est que comme les il est ecris sur le site KSP il prevoit rajouter d\'autres planets donc plus de distance donc la masse rentre encore plus en jeux...bref ce robot serais cool et simple si tu es interresser je peut te donner tous mes idees par rapport a se robot.

-Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (satellite en orbit de Mars) et est particlierement beau et irait chercher encore plus de personne a utiliser ton super mod !

j\'aimerais savoir qu\'est que tu pense de tous sa :D et merci d\'avoir creer se mod j\'ai bien du fun a faire land ton rover sur la lune....et a le crasher XD dsl pour les millions de faute que j\'ai fait :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.