[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

So, this might seem like a dumb question, but I honestly couldn't find the answer anywhere...

You can't really use the skycrane to actually lower the rover any more than it sits after you attach the winch, right? Or can you?

So, this might seem like a dumb question, but I honestly couldn't find the answer anywhere...

You can't really use the skycrane to actually lower the rover any more than it sits after you attach the winch, right? Or can you?

No, it justs looks like a cable. It doesn't do that...yet.

Here a quick look on what i'm working on.

The rover will now be composed of only 2 parts (pod and whells) for a easier construction, better performance on low PCs and stop using MultiJoint plugin (too many bugs).

The rover pod is now a .mu file powered by zKreuzung plugin. Right click on the pod and click on deploy will deploy the whole rover (solar panels + cam + antennas).

When you have already released cruiser Overlord?

I've not yet release the Battlecruiser. I've got few things to fix before. May be I'll release a beta version next week: 3D models and textures are done, need to fix some issues about flight stability.

I'm already thinking/working on new probes (vicking, phoenix) and rovers (Curiosity and Sojourner). And I've got an old interstellar ship project I want to dig out with the 0.17.

Edited by Yogui87

Yesterday, I was boring working on my mods next updates, so I decided to start a new project: the MSL Curiosity rover.

This is the result 3D model and animation done:

The biggest part still to do (adapt to cart plugin, make textures).

For now and don't have any name in mind for this Kerbal version of Curiosity. If you got one I'm pretty interested. I've got my ideas about its skycrane and space shell.

I want to make the Sojourner rover too and some probes like Viking or Phoenix, and an interstellar ship.

Looks good, are you reducing the part count on the sky crane too?

I'm trying to make something about that.

Can i ask How do i actually Get this rover on the moon, the sky crane in space always falls off when doing the transfer burn , or when entering the moon orbit

Next update may fix these wobling issues.

Do you have/need any reference models of Viking? I have a few I won't be using if you'd like me to send them on.
I've got some pics and schemas but if you've more, I'm interrested.
I am VERY excited for these future rovers! Especially the curiosity replica!

Also, has anyone come up with a reasonable solution to the strange wobbliness of the prometheus rover, or will I just have to make more stable rockets?

Keep up the awesome work! :D

Must be fix in the next update I'm finishing.

what see my red and sleephungry eyes? ... your new project (curiosity) got a mechanical arm to "grap"/"take" something? ...woooooaaahh! >NEED< !! :D

with this arm my probe-challenge can get the last thing to rise up to perfectionality :D

Yogui87, i hope the arm has some moveing parts - maybe rudimentary like a landingleg - but please give it the ability to move :)

thumps up m8 :)

here my mars.. erm Dunaprobe at taking a soilsample with an old and rusty landingleg and deploy it in the box of the small yellow ladder ("Ceep it clean" ;) ):

(the mission is based on the NASA/ESA MarsSampleReturn-Mission which will start around 2018/2020)

ddeche2rse94.pngkvhsvbchwpj.pngo2i13xlvq7z.pngculvaiq3lep8.pnge6216ldtxlwr.png

finaly, with a real movable arm to do some real impressive science, you will made my day :cool:

EDIT:

oh.. and of course, i finaly get the sample home to Kerbin :cool:

g1u2awiunr88.pngasxiyugk44hi.pngkpq44541hbny.pngezsl6cp3lj67.png

(oh, u noticed Bill? Yeah, the Rescuerescuemission is on the way now. The first try with Jeb was doomed by low fuel but he was able to collect Bill in the Ocean of Eve. Now Bob will try to save his friends - and now with MORE fuel ;) )

Edited by acd

Battlespace Cruiser: Heavy cruiser Overlord class from Battlefleet Gothic game, in the Warhammer 40K univers.

53832945.jpg

sanstitre2vgb.png

Bigger is always better.

Yay, Warhammur!

Now it's time to make REAL soldiers from those Kerbals.

Also, nice work on rest. Mostly on Prometheus, MEM look a bit weird.

P.S

What about making some more big spaceships? Maybe from other games/books/films?

Star Destroyer Vs Overlord

Jeb will be happy. Very happy.

Ohhhh. wow.. could you also make the pod it releases from? Rsc on the back shell, deploy shute, drop heat shield, and then skycrane.. please please would be awsome....=D

A rover without this stuff is just useless. The stinger and I have teamed up to release a great mod, Curiosity deserve it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.