[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

BUG: I installed all the DSL parts, but when I try to load the DSL rover or capsule, it says the parts aren't installed.

But the parts are available in the VAB and SPH!

http://imgur.com/a/hamVk/all

It's a plugin issue. Check if you install correctly all the plugins. Check instructions file in the archive for download links.

The rovers have been updated for .20, have you been checking the last few pages. The .cfg file editing discussion is mainly about resizing the parts to make it fit in various rockets.

edit: what do you recomend as a Duna transfer stage? I was thinking of using the Orion service module(from bobcats American pack) with 6 panels instead of 2.

edit2: the rescale factors to get it to fit chimer4's atlas v was 0.75 right?

edit3: can you put up a Dropbox/mediafire mirror, I can't get the .zip to unzip from spaceport.

Edited by DarthVader

I'm using the default thing that Firefox uses to unpack things. I keep getting errors "unable to unpack DSL pandora.zip(or what ever its called) into x( I tried two unpack locations the downloads folder and the desktop). The zip shows up in the DL folder fine.But when I click on it says the above error. I initially thinking it was a memory issue deleted about 80% of the .zips in my DL folder( mostly ksp mods) then tried again. Same error, so I gave up and asked for help in the post above.

Edit: its not a memory Issue, I dl'ed it on to another computer with 2TB of free space and same error.

Edited by DarthVader

Just switch to WinRAR, because I can tell you it's not an issue with the source it's something on your end. Who knows what, maybe Firefox's built-in is flawed. I've been having problems downloading compressed files with Firefox lately and it's not isolated to Spaceport. Unpacking, though, I haven't had an issue that wasn't due to a faulty upload.

It could even be your ISP, router, ect. downloading incorrectly and causing corrupted files. Try WinRAR..

[EDIT] This is for Mac. Took me 3 seconds to find this right after seeing your post. Technology these days! Also, is your firefox up to date? Try using Safari and see if you get the same error.

Edited by Good_Apollo

zip files should unzip in macos using the archive utility that comes within macos. just double click on the .zip file and it should unzip. you should download the file to your desktop and double click it from there. if it still doesn't unzip then i suggest that either the file didn't download correctly in which case you 'should' get an error message or you need to go and run disk utility. to find disk utility, go to applications-utilities-disk utility. on very rare occassions a zip file will simply not open using archive utility so you need another programme - there are some available for free on www.pure-mac.com. hth

I have unrarx and theunarchiver would those work too?

Edit: I forced it to unzip using theunarchiver, but the file is too large to email/ put on my Dropbox to put it on my ksp playing computer.

#firstworldproblems

Edited by DarthVader

I manged to get the rovers unzipped and installed the ships put in their proper folders. I did the infernal robotic.dll workaround and got everything working but the Skycrane ASAS.what do I need to do to get it to load?

Edited by DarthVader

I manged to get the rovers unzipped and installed the ships put in their proper folders. I did the infernal robotic.dll workaround and got everything working but the Skycrane ASAS.what do I need to do to get it to load?

Check in Skycrane ASAS part.cfg and remove red lines

// --- general parameters ---
name = DSL_SkycraneAdvSAS
[COLOR=#ff0000]module = MuMechJeb[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]//[/COLOR]module = AdvSASModule
author = Yogui

to convert MechJeb part to AdvSAS part.

Or if you want to keep MechJeb replace old part.cfg by this one:

ART{
// --- general parameters ---
name = DSL_SkycraneAdvSAS
module = Part
author = Yogui

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 200
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = DSL Skycrane landing computer
manufacturer = Lionhead Aerospace Inc. and SCSP
description = A landing computer powered by MechJeb 2.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.001
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.0
minimum_drag = 0.0
angularDrag = 0
crashTolerance = 12
maxTemp = 3400

// --- SAS parameters ---
Ki = 1
Kp = 0.6
Kd = 1

// --- internal setup ---
CrewCapacity = 0
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}

.75 seems to work perfectly.

One thing I noticed with the DSL is that it can't be mounted in the correct way (basically upside-down, cruise stage attached to the centaur upper stage). Really a minor detail but it would be more accurate that way.

And it can't be moved up farther in the VAB without completely disassembling it to put In the Atlas V 551 launcher. I tryed removing the bottom heat shield and gabbing what I thought was the root part but only removing the rover. When I tried to re assemble the shield their was a gap between the top and bottom pieces of the shield.

I reconfigured DSL in 0.75 rescaleFactor without any flaws. Check your cfgs for errors and that you assembled it properly. The .craft file for it will not work properly, everything will be misaligned but you can use it as a rough guide.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.