What's your preferred way of breaking the universe?

Sgt.Shutesie

When it comes to KSP, we have all seen it, breaking the universe. Whether you have done it yourself or have seen others do it, how do you like to break the universe?

Today I was testing a parachute system for my rover and I ended up in the ocean somehow. I did a little EVA, flew up out of the water and when I came back down, striking the cab. The rover, planet, sun, and so forth were all gone. Any ideas on how high XXXXXX Meters is? Reverted, and still nothing. IVA still works though, so I suppose that's good.

I casually suggest that Squad release info and screenshots of an upcoming new part on the squadcast. The universe shatters under the weight of tears.

Not what you meant?

Most recently I discovered that some parachutes are much too effective on Eve. Contract was to splash down in the oceans of Eve, so I sent a probe. Deployed the parachutes at 300m, and suddenly found my probe disintegrated into parts and leaving Kerbol at a pretty high fraction of the speed of light.

Edited by Randazzo

Once, I spun an capsule very very fast, and clicked EVA.

The kerbal left the solar system in seconds, and planets started to vibrate in map mode.

https://i.gyazo.com/fec8518285c677b0a2d85e587a1733d3.png

That apoapsis and periapsis tho.

Use hyperedit to put a ship in orbit and give it a really, REALLY large speed. Gives the same effect as Thegamer221's screenshot.

This is really interesting. I wonder if the wobbly orbits are due to a kind of artefacting due to running out of processor time to deal with the rails physics (because your active craft is too crazy fast and using it all up).

I once had 4 Kerbals sitting in command chairs on one of the square metal plates on the runway after a minor emergency landing. A stricken aileron fell and landed on the metal plate and at that moment the Kraken deemed it a suitable moment to bring about the rapture. All 4 kerbals and the metal plate rose up into the sky a few hundred metres and vanished, along with the KSC.

Then all went dark and silent.

It was quite tranquil, but my CPu usage went up to 100% and I ran out of RAM. Apparently meeting God is a memory hog.

Once, I spun an capsule very very fast, and clicked EVA.

The kerbal left the solar system in seconds, and planets started to vibrate in map mode.

https://i.gyazo.com/fec8518285c677b0a2d85e587a1733d3.png

That apoapsis and periapsis tho.

These orbits should actually be normal. I mean it's the Kerbalverse, isn't it?

Just last night I saw that a former booster stage (that I thought had been destroyed in the atmosphere) was "on an escape trajectory from Kerbin". So I clicked on it and saw it glowing cherry red with temp gauges spammed all over it. Then everything went black and the navball started reporting the speed was "nan". Ctl-Alt-Del and time for bed.

This is really interesting. I wonder if the wobbly orbits are due to a kind of artefacting due to running out of processor time to deal with the rails physics (because your active craft is too crazy fast and using it all up).

No, it's a numerical precision issue caused because the origin of the coordinate system is centered (roughly) on the active vessel so the orbits are a long way from the origin. The further you go away the less precision you get in the numbers.

1 phrase... 'MOD IT till it crashes' or 64bit ksp cannot load anymore...

another thing i want to point out to those who use 64bit ksp... i think there is a limit to how much you can put in the game. the maximum for ksp to run smoothly untill it hangs is 5GB. and there is a max part limit so called.

Edited by Joshwoo69

Actually about 6 months back in an orbiter a fair ways above Laythe I somehow totally broke the universe.

Instead of Jeb orbiting around Laythe suddenly the entire solar system started orbiting around my shuttle. It was really weird and my ship's path didn't follow its apoasis or perapsis.

When I figured out Jeb was suddenly the centre of the universe I swear I saw his head swell too.

I've also had the sun go out. Twice, leaving both of those games in perpetual darkness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.