[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

So the big motor mount (FE5M) has retros that are stageable for separation.  Cool.

The small interstage (W56IA) has the same but they are not stageable and require an action group.  No biggie but a stageable action would be cool.  Is there a community fix or is this something you might address in an update?

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

3 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

So the big motor mount (FE5M) has retros that are stageable for separation.  Cool.

The small interstage (W56IA) has the same but they are not stageable and require an action group.  No biggie but a stageable action would be cool.  Is there a community fix or is this something you might address in an update?

....and where does everyone shed the escape tower?  I keep having the docking port cooked off the CSM on ascent.

Really? I'm pretty sure the interstages with integrated retros all stage when they decouple.

And I typically stage it at first stage separation.

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Really? I'm pretty sure the interstages with integrated retros all stage when they decouple.

They do.

3 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

On Saturn 1B launches I try to hold it to >50,000. I've jettisoned as soon as 40,000 with heavier payloads. With the Saturn V about 15-20 seconds after S-II ignition, you should be pretty high by then. S-II ignite -> S-II interstage jettison -> LES jettison.

Well done thus far, sir! 

Had a polar mission today involving releasing 4 subsats into elliptical orbits was fun - like the IVAs quite a bit, although the windows look a bit odd lol. The LEM windows just look like they lack depth

8uvOa42.png

eNQxqlB.png

20 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Not real historical but the Heating in KSP could use some work so my answer is :

Space, The Final Frontier.   These are the continuing voyages of the Spaceship Apollo....

My personal preference and what also seems to be the census is to eject the escape tower once you are completely out of the atmosphere. However for practical purposes it no longer serves much of a purpose as a fairing past 45/50km.

17 hours ago, Abrecan said:

like the IVAs quite a bit, although the windows look a bit odd lol. The LEM windows just look like they lack depth

The CM IVA isn't custom made, it's taken from an older mod. It doesn't fit our model.

11 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Regarding the MOS-CBS, will it simply get a retexture in the next update or become a new part? 

I'm not sure what you mean by new part. All the MOS stuff is getting updated textures.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, bit of a crazy weekend, but I still managed to get something neat cooked up for y'all...

vBqtQCe.pngeiCJKAe.png7dagyo4.pngVO46e0d.pngpChQwRr.png

I've waited a long time for this, my little green blue friend.

Edited by Hay

10 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Glad to see the extending nozzles are coming back. What caused them to be taken out?

There were severe bugs reported with the original one (The middle one is completely new) and the mechanism was all wrong. I wanted to redo it but the update was already behind and I had bigger fish to fry (I wanted to get started on Saturn and Apollo for before the 1 year anniversary).