[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, akron said:

Any way you could post them somewhere? I'd love to collect those too

They are on my drop box, when they are 100% and their parts won't be modified for 6+ months or so, they will go on KerbalX. I'll edit the link into this post in like 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Planning on it, Trying to continue work on engines and launch clamps. Failing that I'm planning on UV unwrapping either Juno or Diamant parts. I have to go run errands at 5 so hopefully I'll be able to start at the normal time (6 PM EST).

Hey guys so my plans have been delayed somewhat. Something has come up so I will likely be starting late, or not starting at all. If I do stream I might have to end early. IRL stuff has been cropping up fairly consistently which is why I haven't been working on things outside of streams like I normally do.

On that note, consider the regular Thursday night streams 'suspended' until further notice. At the moment I can't hold to that schedule consistently enough. I'll be posting here before any stream I do. Also, subscribe to me on Twitch to get instant notifications if/when I go live.

Well my Thor stacks still need some last minute details but I am ready to release my Titans into the wild! Behold!

That is 23 Titan variants ready for your launching pleasure!

Download

A few are missing, namely the 3L2 and 3L4 as they have a different stack diameter and 2B and 2G as they differ only in avionics and other electric dodads. The 400 series is also absent as I have spent my last 18-26 free hours stacking Titans and I am done for now...

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey guys so my plans have been delayed somewhat. Something has come up so I will likely be starting late, or not starting at all. If I do stream I might have to end early. IRL stuff has been cropping up fairly consistently which is why I haven't been working on things outside of streams like I normally do.

On that note, consider the regular Thursday night streams 'suspended' until further notice. At the moment I can't hold to that schedule consistently enough. I'll be posting here before any stream I do. Also, subscribe to me on Twitch to get instant notifications if/when I go live.

Hope things calm down/work out :)

Here's the long awaited Hullcam config for the science cameras.

procedural fairings config for the Delta K fairing/tank that I think works pretty nicely. The only gottcha is you must enable fuel crossfeed in the VAB or you won't get any fuel from the small tank that goes on top of this part. It's a procedural fairings thing that I can't override in the config.

And an update to the Stockalike Realfuels files. Just some minor bug fixes and oversights corrected.

41 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Ayyye! More craft files uploaded/updated! Some (like 75%) of them don't have descriptions yet, so beware. I made a notebook to write them out, so I can make them during school while I have extra time. Have fun, there is even a readme.txt! How awesome.

Love the intakes on the Daleth II. Very sporty looking! Is the editor extensions mod what you are using to attach the 9 boosters in symmetry like that?

11 minutes ago, Jso said:

Love the intakes on the Daleth II. Very sporty looking! Is the editor extensions mod what you are using to attach the 9 boosters in symmetry like that?

Yes it is, thankfully it doesn't impact the whole no dependencies thing. I forgot the download for subassemblies, so I'll get that to you guys by morning.

Edit* Scrap that, I got the chance to come down tho the computer, here you go, booster sub assemblies.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

Maybe it's just an oddity of my setup, but I could never get a clean separation of the Daleth K from it's interstage decoupler. It always gets sucked back in. Changing ejectionForce to -175 (note the minus sign) on the bluedog_DeltaK_Interstage part fixed it. It pops right out now.

I will definitely have to try these out in my stock-ish playthrough. These could really help me to play a more serious feeling early career, so I don't have to use some many stock parts before I get to the modern and futuristic engines and parts I have from other mods. :)

15 hours ago, Jso said:

Here's the long awaited Hullcam config for the science cameras.

procedural fairings config for the Delta K fairing/tank that I think works pretty nicely. The only gottcha is you must enable fuel crossfeed in the VAB or you won't get any fuel from the small tank that goes on top of this part. It's a procedural fairings thing that I can't override in the config.

And an update to the Stockalike Realfuels files. Just some minor bug fixes and oversights corrected.

13 hours ago, Jso said:

Maybe it's just an oddity of my setup, but I could never get a clean separation of the Daleth K from it's interstage decoupler. It always gets sucked back in. Changing ejectionForce to -175 (note the minus sign) on the bluedog_DeltaK_Interstage part fixed it. It pops right out now.

Very cool, I'll have to check out the Hullcam / Realfuels configs when I get the chance.

I believe that we actually had a working PF config for the Delta K fairing. Again, I just didn't feel comfortable releasing the PF stuff and I didn't want to mess around with it more just to get a release out.

The ejectionForce thing is... interesting. I'll have to see if that works on my end, though I can't say I've noticed it getting sucked back in.

9 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

hi cobalt,

yesterday i have played u mod. looks fantastic. like this pod, looks great. ! :D

cheers

Thanks Raendy!

6 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

How was the be in rocket based off of?

I assume you mean the Brun rocket? The 0.9375m stage is Vanguard, and the 0.625m second stage is Able (of Thor-Able fame)

4 hours ago, stratochief66 said:

I will definitely have to try these out in my stock-ish playthrough. These could really help me to play a more serious feeling early career, so I don't have to use some many stock parts before I get to the modern and futuristic engines and parts I have from other mods. :)

Awesome! Yeah I never really was interested in making high-tech engines like the ones from Near Future or B9 or something like that. I'm glad that the early-mid game is more fleshed out.

2 hours ago, akron said:

Are there any pictures of last night's Juno progress? I only caught a little bit of the live stream

I'll have to take a screenshot when I get back tonight. I finished the Juno II S-3D first stage engine, as well as the JPL 45K and 6K engines that would have been upper stage engines for Juno III/IV (basically Juno II with a real upper stage instead of sargent clusters) and Atlas-Vega. I also started on the Redstone launch clamp but we'll have to see how that goes.

Also, if anyone has name ideas for the Juno series (I was considering just lumping it under PGM or Brun, since they both apply) and its engines (the S-3D, the vernier, and the two upper stages) I'd love to hear them. I also need names for the Redstone-Sparta SRB engines, and the three Diamant SRB stages.

Module Manager spit back 3 errors relating to the \GameData\Bluedog_DB\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\Tweakscale\tweakscale_Delta.cfg file. (I don't have or use tweakscale). It looks like the first 3 parts in that file lack a :NEEDS[TweakScale] bit like the rest have.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

The ejectionForce thing is... interesting. I'll have to see if that works on my end, though I can't say I've noticed it getting sucked back in.

Hyperedit is handy here. Try it without the fairing tank to get in the way (I attached it to an able tank to test). I can see the decoupler clearly going the wrong way. What I think is happening is the large offset of the attach node is throwing off the decoupler's pseudo thrust vector.

I'm also seeing it with the Centaur decouplers. Try building a stack of Centaurs, hyperedit it up and start decoupling. They should clearly fly away with 400 force on the decoupler, but what I'm seeing can be best described as random behavior. I'm curious if anyone else see's the same thing.

More progress on craft files! No new download, since I still have to figure out how well these things are gunna work out. But now I can get us hopefully Atlas II, Atlas III (ehh, kinda thrown together atm), and descriptions for all crafts lacking them by tomorrow.

17 hours ago, stratochief66 said:

Module Manager spit back 3 errors relating to the \GameData\Bluedog_DB\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\Tweakscale\tweakscale_Delta.cfg file. (I don't have or use tweakscale). It looks like the first 3 parts in that file lack a :NEEDS[TweakScale] bit like the rest have.

Noted, I'll make the fix right now along with a couple other cfg problems people have PM'd me.

16 hours ago, Jso said:

Hyperedit is handy here. Try it without the fairing tank to get in the way (I attached it to an able tank to test). I can see the decoupler clearly going the wrong way. What I think is happening is the large offset of the attach node is throwing off the decoupler's pseudo thrust vector.

I'm also seeing it with the Centaur decouplers. Try building a stack of Centaurs, hyperedit it up and start decoupling. They should clearly fly away with 400 force on the decoupler, but what I'm seeing can be best described as random behavior. I'm curious if anyone else see's the same thing.

But you're saying it works with a negative force setting?

10 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

More progress on craft files! No new download, since I still have to figure out how well these things are gunna work out. But now I can get us hopefully Atlas II, Atlas III (ehh, kinda thrown together atm), and descriptions for all crafts lacking them by tomorrow.

Atlas II/III are getting actual parts in the next update (well, Atlas III for sure) so don't worry tooooo much about them.

3 hours ago, fs10inator said:

Putting a Hermes capsule, part of the BDB pack, on top of a M-V.
Because why not?

What? I was bored...!

ಠ_ಠ

Sorry for the double post, but I don't feel like dealing with the IPS editor this morning. :P

Rv7Qmhc.png

L to R: Juno II exhaust vernier (2-5kn vernier), Juno II S-3D Main engine (very big 1.25m first stage engine), Juno IV JPL 45K upper stage engine (1.5m, two verniers), Juno IV JPL 6K upper stage engine (1.25m)