[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

52 minutes ago, Jso said:

Welcome back!

I would have been texting you the last 4 hours of the ride but you never gave me your number :P Anyways, yes, I'm back, I'll have a longer + sappier post soon.

EDIT: SCREW YOU ALL I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK IN SCRANTON FOR MORE THAN TWO HOURS I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN THE SMELL OF FISH GUTS OFF ME YOU CAN'T KEEP A WURF DOWN

nsot4d3.png

EDIT: #SOON

FgGKuex.png

Also, due to some changes in plans that are not yet reflected on the roadmap, some of the planned probe cores are getting removed, and Luna 3 is being added to accompany the Sputnik 3 core.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Well, it was your choice going back to Scranton, fish guts or not. That's two bad decisions right off the bat. Now, go take several hot showers and get back to us with something really spectacular. We've been far too tolerant of your lollygagging as it stands. [and I dearly hope you take all this as nothing more than good-natured ribbing. I hope you had a grand time.]

5 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Go away twitch-kappa.jpg

</3 bby y¿

EDIT: Some more stuffs. Service module for the Pog core. Based on the Pioneer P3 probe, will have a few EC and enough propellant for only a very small course correction - maybe 50-100 dV. Only enough to make sure a flyby passes close enough.

Able_IV_World's_First_Space_Engine.jpg

pioneer-p3__1.jpg

AKTzSRA.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I would have been texting you the last 4 hours of the ride but you never gave me your number :P Anyways, yes, I'm back, I'll have a longer + sappier post soon.

EDIT: SCREW YOU ALL I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK IN SCRANTON FOR MORE THAN TWO HOURS I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN THE SMELL OF FISH GUTS OFF ME YOU CAN'T KEEP A WURF DOWN

nsot4d3.png

EDIT: #SOON

FgGKuex.png

Also, due to some changes in plans that are not yet reflected on the roadmap, some of the planned probe cores are getting removed, and Luna 3 is being added to accompany the Sputnik 3 core.

Good to have you back :D 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

*Shouts from the back* H-1!!!!11111one1111!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

I only took the source files for the probe stuff with me.

EDIT: Continuing with probe stuffs, here's the concepts for the rest of the ion parts. 3 kinds of ion RCS and two tank setups. Thoughts? I usually use 45 degree RCS for probes but I also kind of want to do straight ones so you can have 3 way control using just two sets of thrusters. These, along with the ion engine cluster pictured above with the Pioneer-6 parts, would become available one or two nodes before the stock one but would be expensive and far less efficient in terms of propellant, possibly also with EC. Let me know what y'all think.

bE84g5n.png

EDIT: Couple more things. The Ariel 2 core - going to get most of its detail from the textures. In the back, the Sputnik-3 inspired core. The Tral antennas are separate parts. And then the Explorer-7 inspired core got some slight tweaks to the mesh to make it fit better with the new scales I've introduced since it was made. There is now also a bottom battery / solar panel part for it, obviously it can be used separately. There is also an expanding hoop antenna, similar to the S-45 payload/satellite. Again, separate part, with a 0.3125m mounting.

TlnEtRL.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

OMG so excited for all these new probe parts! Pioneer 3 SM looks awesome, I love the all the electric engine and RCS thrusters, do all of them, plus maybe a 4 way RCS, love the tanks too, maybe have one more big one for larger probes. Welcome back.

Dear Mod Developer.

I fell in love with your mods as I have been able to explore in kerbal the whole US and Russian space program.

Though for the longest time the additional science experiments, for a few, never worked. The camera, the geiger counter and micro meteroid never did anything.

I recently added in KIS (Kerbal Inventory System) as I was playing around with "Tethering" and all the Gemini parts. With the broken science these two mods played nice. They I realized there was an update. Now they don't play nice at all. When ever your mod is in the game data folder KIS doesn't appear on the tool bar in the VAB or the SPH. Also thanks for fixing the Atlas/Muo as the interstage never fell off properly and always got "stuck" It seems to now stage properly.

11 minutes ago, Thraeorn said:

I fell in love with your mods as I have been able to explore in kerbal the whole US and Russian space program.

Though for the longest time the additional science experiments, for a few, never worked. The camera, the geiger counter and micro meteroid never did anything.

I recently added in KIS (Kerbal Inventory System) as I was playing around with "Tethering" and all the Gemini parts. With the broken science these two mods played nice. They I realized there was an update. Now they don't play nice at all. When ever your mod is in the game data folder KIS doesn't appear on the tool bar in the VAB or the SPH. Also thanks for fixing the Atlas/Muo as the interstage never fell off properly and always got "stuck" It seems to now stage properly.

Thank you! Though I don't believe we have much of anything for the soviet space program. Perhaps the odd probe part but not much. If you DO have Russian parts, it's not us. Just want to make sure credit is going to the right place.

Those three sets of experiments all use the DMagic Science Animate plugin installed. Note that this is different from the one in DMagic Orbital Science; the 1.1.2 version is included in our download, but if you're still on 1.0.5 or something you can try 0.11 or an older version from his GitHub. Be aware, apparently there are further issues with the cameras and geiger counter not necessarily behaving as intended.

As for the categories, I think I know the reason. Try deleting the WildBlueIndustries folder that came with the mod. If you have other Wild Blue mods installed such as MOLE, just delete the 'ModCategorizer' folder inside WildBlueIndustries. @Angel-125 tried to fork a lite version of his plugin for us the just contains his custom category script, but for some reason it wasn't working. I forgot to either remove it from the download / ask him to fix it.

Also, because I didn't get a chance before, big thanks to @Jso and @VenomousRequiem for continuing to update the mod in my absence!

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

1465138127-son2.jpg

I'm dying xD

EDIT: Also WIP Luna 3 alonside the Sputnik 3.

m5lwx8b.png

EDIT2: also, it appears we do not have nearly enough science definitions for the cameras! Considering that there needs for be a definition for almost every biome in the game, that's a lot of flavortext! Does anyone want to help out..?

( thanks to @drekerb42 for contributing the original definitions)

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 4. 6. 2016 at 6:54 PM, CobaltWolf said:

TlnEtRL.png

Are you telling me I did this in vain, dawg? :0.0:

8nc8MzF.png?1

Anyway, managed to get most SRBs done, Titan ones coming next week...and the Castor. There's something funky with its rotation.

14 minutes ago, Ravenchant said:

Are you telling me I did this in vain, dawg? :0.0:

Anyway, managed to get most SRBs done, Titan ones coming next week...and the Castor. There's something funky with its rotation.

I think there was always something super funky about the Castor's model, don't remember what

Sorry if I wasted your work! It wasn't on purpose I promise haha.

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thank you! Though I don't believe we have much of anything for the soviet space program. Perhaps the odd probe part but not much. If you DO have Russian parts, it's not us. Just want to make sure credit is going to the right place.

Those three sets of experiments all use the DMagic Science Animate plugin installed. Note that this is different from the one in DMagic Orbital Science; the 1.1.2 version is included in our download, but if you're still on 1.0.5 or something you can try 0.11 or an older version from his GitHub. Be aware, apparently there are further issues with the cameras and geiger counter not necessarily behaving as intended.

As for the categories, I think I know the reason. Try deleting the WildBlueIndustries folder that came with the mod. If you have other Wild Blue mods installed such as MOLE, just delete the 'ModCategorizer' folder inside WildBlueIndustries. @Angel-125 tried to fork a lite version of his plugin for us the just contains his custom category script, but for some reason it wasn't working. I forgot to either remove it from the download / ask him to fix it.

Also, because I didn't get a chance before, big thanks to @Jso and @VenomousRequiem for continuing to update the mod in my absence!

That folder was the issue. Found that out last night when I was continuing to try to trouble shoot.

And yes I believe I have been using Tantares and Contares who's creator (Beale) created the Trials Gemini capsule, which is now apart of your mod pack last I recalled. So you all are partners in crime, hah.

Anyhow I managed to get the science to work, although the experiments take a while to actually bring a new pop up window which displays how much science was collected, they now work and all I did was update the mod. Never knew there were two containing folders/mods for the science.

If I have any more issues I will let you know. All I can say is since kerbal updated with allowing you to see the interiors from 3rd person view, Interiors for all the parts in the mod will be quite interesting.

Hey BDB team, the mariner antenna's need some TLC. Both the bluedog_mariner2Antenna and the bluedog_mariner4Dish have the same title of A27-C Antenna and the same flavor text description. Also the mariner4Dish does not have Remote Tech compatibility, and looking at the Compatibility/Remote Tech cfg there is no code for the mariner4Dish.

Also no Remote Tech config for the bluedog_malhenaSolar or the bluedog_MOL_rackDish either. All other antenna's and probe RT compatibility seem to be working fine.

Other than that i do a lot of KAS/KIS stuff in my career games, and I've noticed that some of the tiniest parts BDB provides have a very high internal volume and cannot fit into most KIS containers even though they weigh next to nothing, for example the smallest decoupler, sargent 1 decoupler, cannot fit into anything less than a container with 2000L of volume or more (where most containers are 1000, and a kerbal's personal inventory is 300) AND I cannot put anything else into the container. It's a mild complaint, not sure how to even edit the volume or if anything can be done about it, but it's just something that has bothered me when I'm doing orbital clean up the hard way (I like to collect space junk and make zombie craft okay, don't judge or tell me there is an easier way, I know, I like the challenge) anyway if KIS volume can be edited on individual parts let me know so i can pick up all those tiny pieces without a a massive container or "catching" it in a cargo bay.

Edited by OTmikhail