Hermes Interplanetary Spacecraft (from The Martian) [DISCONTINUED]

xxhansonmaxx

Not yet, we are going to get this as a working mod first. Then we will try to use infernal robotics to have the ring spin but we can't promise that it will work, but I want to have it spinning as much as you do :)

Talk to Angel-125 about how he got his DSEV centrifuge hub to work.

MotoKid600 I wouldn't consider my textures stock alike. I mix stock alike with bits of realism. That way it would fit with a variety of parts. None of my textures are 100% done, I go back to it every once in a while. Since this mod has a bunch of parts, most of the parts share one texture file which keeps the file size and the ram usage low. When the parts are in-game, it would look very different from what blender shows.

Gkirmathal You mean the ones on the engine? The rads and the engine are gonna be one part, I could make a separate part that's just the radiators

I realize this was a discussion a few pages back, but I do hope you are using rotating hub ala Porkjet and others (the all-in-one hub), rather than the 'build it yourself and fine tune your hub' ala Angel-125's hub system. Besides the fact that there are fewer parts (Porkjet's version), Angel's, unfortunately, does have issues with errors in placement at time (I use both, and I like them both, but for reduction of errors, the all-in-one rotating hub is less buggy).

Someone posted an error on Angel's forum page relating to this error (and I have seen it several times before in using his rotating hub system): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135717-1-0-4-Deep-Space-Exploration-Vessels-1-0-Build-NASA-Inspired-Ships-In-KSP/page4

Again, it's not a game changer (I love Angel's mods), but if you want to reduce overall errors in your mod, you may want to consider this.

I realize this was a discussion a few pages back, but I do hope you are using rotating hub ala Porkjet and others (the all-in-one hub), rather than the 'build it yourself and fine tune your hub' ala Angel-125's hub system. Besides the fact that there are fewer parts (Porkjet's version), Angel's, unfortunately, does have issues with errors in placement at time (I use both, and I like them both, but for reduction of errors, the all-in-one rotating hub is less buggy).

Someone posted an error on Angel's forum page relating to this error (and I have seen it several times before in using his rotating hub system): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135717-1-0-4-Deep-Space-Exploration-Vessels-1-0-Build-NASA-Inspired-Ships-In-KSP/page4

Again, it's not a game changer (I love Angel's mods), but if you want to reduce overall errors in your mod, you may want to consider this.

I'll include both :D

Why stock? Why is "stock alike" a thing?

Here's a big hint: Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co. Think about that for a moment.

Kerbals cobble together their spaceship parts from stuff they find lying around or salvage from other things. It's the Kerbal way. It's the aesthetic of the game, and I'd bet money it was a conscious choice on the part of the developers.

That kinda got knocked to the side a bit when they came out with Asteroid Redirect and its NASA-alike parts. Aesthetically, that threw a wrench into the works.

I likes me a nice, shiny b9 spaceplane or a sleek kw rocket as much as the next guy, but I also like to honor the aesthetic and play in the Kerbal universe, where rockets are junkyard detritus held together with bailing wire and bubblegum, and are made of explodium.

It'll be interesting to see where Squad is going with the stock revamp.

Sadly, I ran out of ketchup :(....coincidentally, I am a botanist in real life, and a group of my botany friends went to the movie and loved it (sorry getting off-topic), even if they did take some liberty on the botany side (not much, but a little).

I will survive on vikodin-encrusted potatoes until this mod is released.

Nice !

I think the ring spin should be a bit slower.

I'm sorry for the amount of times I've asked this but any idea when this wonderful mod will be out ?

Yes the ring is spinning way too fast at the moment, I was just seeing if it would work. Also if you didn't catch it the ring is spinning the wrong direction than in the movie :P

It's very hard to say how long but as soon as everything is textured then we will have a download. That might be 1-2 weeks. That definitely won't be a release version and it may be a month before we could call it released. As you can see most of the parts are in game now and it is "flyable"

Yes the ring is spinning way too fast at the moment, I was just seeing if it would work. Also if you didn't catch it the ring is spinning the wrong direction than in the movie :P

It's very hard to say how long but as soon as everything is textured then we will have a download. That might be 1-2 weeks. That definitely won't be a release version and it may be a month before we could call it released. As you can see most of the parts are in game now and it is "flyable"

Sadly I haven't seen the movie yet but plan on going to see it soon :)

I was going to point out the cockpit was missing the boxy attachments but figured somebody would catch it. Glad xxhansonmaxx is paying so close attention!

Can't wait to see more updates.

Worked on a MDV design...thoughts?

Not having seen the movie yet... how does it dock?

Funnily enough was wondering about a fuel tank or similar that would simply add to the bottom of a Mark 1-2 pod. There was one being linked somewhere else but that wouldn't necessarily have the same style as you are going for, and I'm uncertain as its development status. IVA might be lacking in something as well but that would cut down on your own development time.

Looks good though. Looking forward to the whole mod. Keep up the good work.

Peace.