Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

Can't you just feather the "banded" layer in photoshop or is there something else I'm missing?

I've been trying to do that but it's acting strange whenever I try to cut the layer and not taking everything. I'm going to look into it more and see if I can get it to stop doing that.

33 minutes ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

Thank ya!

sigh just cant figure out what is causing this error. seems to be a mod conflict but dont know why. do u know nay mods that would prevent the evemanger plugin from loading?

[EXC 09:26:10.457] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase+<>c.<GetManagers>b__0_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.GetManagers ()
    EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    :MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

53 minutes ago, sidfu said:

sigh just cant figure out what is causing this error. seems to be a mod conflict but dont know why. do u know nay mods that would prevent the evemanger plugin from loading?

[EXC 09:26:10.457] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase+<>c.<GetManagers>b__0_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.GetManagers ()
    EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

Can you send me the whole log please.

Here both logs. Ive already tested and works fine without any mods and worked fine with dynamic texture loader installed so has to be another mod in my list messing it up.

https://mega.nz/#!6oAUlIJA!jmkahN3FrJ6IKT8596qIfBpYWGvLuQd73WFAuKFmSB8

I had a similar issue before and it randomly started working on its own. This time i had no idea which mod is causeing it. Once I finish iwth my stsuff around home Im going to start dropping mod in till i find it.

Edited by sidfu

38 minutes ago, sidfu said:

Here both logs. Ive already tested and works fine without any mods and worked fine with dynamic texture loader installed so has to be another mod in my list messing it up.

https://mega.nz/#!6oAUlIJA!jmkahN3FrJ6IKT8596qIfBpYWGvLuQd73WFAuKFmSB8

I had a similar issue before and it randomly started working on its own. This time i had no idea which mod is causeing it. Once I finish iwth my stsuff around home Im going to start dropping mod in till i find it.

You're using the 64-bit hack I assume? Have you used the 64-bit unfixer on your Gamedata?

I don't see anything suggesting what could be causing that in the logs so the only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have everything unfixed and then removing mods individually until you find which one caused it.

25 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

You're using the 64-bit hack I assume? Have you used the 64-bit unfixer on your Gamedata?

i am using 64 but it does same on my 32 build its something with a mod as i stated before i put it by itself no other mods worked fine on both 64 and 32. i had it working before but decided to rebuild my mods to make sure they where all uptodate and thats when it started agin.

its not with the unfixer being in the folder as tje 64 test i have doesnt have unfixer in it and works fine.

ima later go thru a few mods at a time and add to see if a specific mod is somewhere interacting with it. ill do that and see if i find it. if i do ill mention which one it is and u can check.

Edited by sidfu

3 hours ago, sidfu said:

i am using 64 but it does same on my 32 build its something with a mod as i stated before i put it by itself no other mods worked fine on both 64 and 32. i had it working before but decided to rebuild my mods to make sure they where all uptodate and thats when it started agin.

its not with the unfixer being in the folder as tje 64 test i have doesnt have unfixer in it and works fine.

ima later go thru a few mods at a time and add to see if a specific mod is somewhere interacting with it. ill do that and see if i find it. if i do ill mention which one it is and u can check.

The unfixer isn't something that goes in your Gamedata, it scans .dll files in your Gamedata to see if they have the flag that disables the mod on 64-bit and removes it so the mod functions properly.

16 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

The unfixer isn't something that goes in your Gamedata, it scans .dll files in your Gamedata to see if they have the flag that disables the mod on 64-bit and removes it so the mod functions properly.

its not in game data guess i pointed that out wrong. ill figure it out. probaly something stupid on my end like putting a mod inside a mod by accdient lol.

On 08/02/2016 at 3:34 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Can anyone think of a way that'll let me separate the "bands" from the Jool cloud layer to something that looks nice? Right now as I have it its very rough and doesn't have any "feathering" to it and I can't think of anything to make the layers look nice. If you don't understand what I mean you can look how I have multiple Jool cloud layers in the Atmosphere folder. It's how I get the bands to rotate differently. I've included an image below showing the "bands" that I'm referring to.

Hide contents

s42rPeu.jpg

Did you try the old RVE ones for Jupiter, I managed to get them feathered fairly well, you might be able to change the colour of them to green?

On 08/02/2016 at 3:48 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Also, I have figured out cubemaps! At least for Kerbin....

Ok it may be time for me to learn the ways :) Really wanna see if I can get my 8k cube working

Edited by pingopete

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

Did you try the old RVE ones for Jupiter, I managed to get them feathered fairly well, you might be able to change the colour of them to green?

Ok it may be time for me to learn the ways :) Really wanna see if I can get my 8k cube working

Oooh, I'll have to go searching for the old ones!

Regarding the cube maps. I'm assuming you use Photoshop yes? I use a plugin called Flexify 2 (here's a direct download link from the Flamming Pear team). Just install that like any other plugin and open the 2D cloud map that you want to convert. Then go to Filter > Flaming Pear > Flexify 2. Then I'll show you in pictures what to do :P

Spoiler

Click the cubemap button the bottom left

JoyJZAI.png

Then type in the resolution (8192 for your 8k textures you crazy man)

lUf28xG.png

After this its going to ask you where you want to save the set of files it's going to render. Do it inside a folder because it creates 6 separate files. Once you do that its going to render it out (it'll take some time since the resolution is so high, it goes up to 600% not 100% so don't get your hopes up when its close to that:P ). After that it'll spit out 6 files with an ending of b,d,l,f,r, and u. They correspond to the coordinates so

b = z- (Zn in the config)

l = x- (Xn in the config)

r = x+ (Xp in the config)

f = z+ (Zp in the config)

and then if I remember right its

u = y- (Yn in the config)

d = y+ (Yp in the config)

I get those confused so it might be backwards, but you'll know if it's right/wrong when you launch it.

So some important notes:

• I haven't tested cubemaps with .dds textures yet so I don't know if they work right
  • If you're saving it as a .png you need to make sure they are uncompressed or they won't show
  • Make sure the cloud layer is set to CubeMap not AlphaCubeMap
  • If you look at how rbray has the cubemap names laid out in the release version you can translate it to fit how you want it when you name them.

Hope this helps! If you need anymore help besides that I'm more than happy to :P 

3 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

CKAN version stuck in 1.0.0R... Fix when?

I've talked to the CKAN team about this. I'm releasing my current versions marked as pre-release on Github so CKAN doesn't recognize those. When I release my next version it won't be marked as pre-release however and CKAN will update properly. 

Cheers Nhawks, great info! I actually managed to get the cube maps working as compressed 4k png's last night, though since I had previously tried you can no longer just use clouds with a black background, so gonna have to punch out the backgrounds again for each cube face.. funfunfun D: Also when I tried before the sides I had converted to cube map weren't correctly orientated, though that was using some random freeware, hopefully this should work better :) how long did it take you to figure those cube face coordinates?! :P As for DDS I found they wouldn't be read by EVE but again that was in a previous overhaul and was 8k so need to test again. The issue I was having last night boiled down to me forgetting to re-name the cubemap faces names in the configs to what they were actually called :P

Cheers again man

4 hours ago, pingopete said:

Cheers Nhawks, great info! I actually managed to get the cube maps working as compressed 4k png's last night, though since I had previously tried you can no longer just use clouds with a black background, so gonna have to punch out the backgrounds again for each cube face.. funfunfun D: Also when I tried before the sides I had converted to cube map weren't correctly orientated, though that was using some random freeware, hopefully this should work better :) how long did it take you to figure those cube face coordinates?! :P As for DDS I found they wouldn't be read by EVE but again that was in a previous overhaul and was 8k so need to test again. The issue I was having last night boiled down to me forgetting to re-name the cubemap faces names in the configs to what they were actually called :P

Cheers again man

Whaat, weird. Neither I or Proot (that I know of) could get compressed PNGs working. And it actually didn't take that long. I looked at rbray's post here and just guessed that the endings stood for back, left, right, front, up, down and went off of that. And it worked out pretty well except for the y coordinates which were mixed up. I do hope the DDS textures work because having large PNG files are going to be killer RAM wise for some users.

51 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Whaat, weird. Neither I or Proot (that I know of) could get compressed PNGs working. And it actually didn't take that long. I looked at rbray's post here and just guessed that the endings stood for back, left, right, front, up, down and went off of that. And it worked out pretty well except for the y coordinates which were mixed up. I do hope the DDS textures work because having large PNG files are going to be killer RAM wise for some users.

Yeah each 8k face was like 60mb as png. I'm not sure if it's the kind of compression you're on about I just set the compression factor at max when exporting them as new png's, maybe compression with transparency or alpha is what's causing your problems? 

7 minutes ago, superm18 said:

Just wanted to post some pictures of your most awesome work in action

Don't know what's up with the embedded album, but here's the link:

http://imgur.com/a/lrvem

Thanks for all your hard work!!

That last pic, @Nhawks17 You can make the clouds less black at the terminator by ramping its colour values above 256, but it does make the clouds on the light side kinda washed out

1 minute ago, pingopete said:

That last pic, @Nhawks17 You can make the clouds less black at the terminator by ramping its colour values above 256, but it does make the clouds on the light side kinda washed out

I never really played with the numbers, i figured they where like bad weather clouds, since i only rarely see them. But thanks for pointing it out.

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

Yeah each 8k face was like 60mb as png. I'm not sure if it's the kind of compression you're on about I just set the compression factor at max when exporting them as new png's, maybe compression with transparency or alpha is what's causing your problems? 

It might be the compression with transparency that's causing the issue, that'd make more sense.

32 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Didn't even really pay attention to the terminator color haha. I'll make sure to mess with the value of it to make it look a little better.

Anyone else absolutely in love with this look of Jool? I actually got something I'm very, very happy with and I have to thank @pingopete so much, I found your old Jupiter textures which let me get a really nice feathered layer look, its amazing :3 

Q2OQh2y.png

Edit:

There are some discrepancies on the edges of the texture but I plan on trying to convert this over to cubemap anyways so it'll be fixed before release :P

Edited by Nhawks17

36 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Anyone else absolutely in love with this look of Jool? I actually got something I'm very, very happy with and I have to thank @pingopete so much, I found your old Jupiter textures which let me get a really nice feathered layer look, its amazing :3 

Q2OQh2y.png

Edit:

There are some discrepancies on the edges of the texture but I plan on trying to convert this over to cubemap anyways so it'll be fixed before release :P

Yeah it wasn't perfect, so might wanna touch up those sections before cube mapping :) 

1 hour ago, The Optimist said:

SVE isn't working on my download. I moved the contents of the Gamedata file in the download into my game's file, and nothing happened. I downloaded scatterer as the readme says, and Scatterer works but the clouds and cities still don't appear.

Weren't you in the EVE forum thread showing how you had city lights on Duna? How is nothing happening :P 

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

Yeah it wasn't perfect, so might wanna touch up those sections before cube mapping :) 

Did excellent work anyways :P I don't know why feathering wasn't working properly on my Photoshop... Oh well :P 

Edited by Nhawks17

30 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Weren't you in the EVE forum thread showing how you had city lights on Duna? How is nothing happening :P 

Did excellent work anyways :P I don't know why feathering wasn't working properly on my Photoshop... Oh well :P 

Were you 'feathering' the edges in on the Alpha channel as well (assuming thats how you layered your texture files)?