Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Weren't you in the EVE forum thread showing how you had city lights on Duna? How is nothing happening :P 

Did excellent work anyways :P I don't know why feathering wasn't working properly on my Photoshop... Oh well :P 

I have 2 installs, I'm comparing the 2 mods' performance impact on my 6 year old PC

An utterly beautiful pack!

A question on the city textures -- It looks like I'm seeing the daylight textures when on the night side of Kerbin, and it's visually odd since it makes it look like I'm just flying high in an airplane, rather than orbiting the planet. The dark (glowing cities) texture seems to be showing as well, which looks much better/more zoomed out than the detail streets and city districts visible. I know Kerbin is about 1/6 the side it should be, but it's not *that* small.

VoAE7LK.png

I manually installed SVE with no EVE present, in case there was something with default EVE cities, etc.

Thanks!

Edited by Beetlecat

43 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

I have 2 installs, I'm comparing the 2 mods' performance impact on my 6 year old PC

Ahh, are there any other mods you have installed? If so just try using SVE with the bundled EVE and the latest Scatterer version

39 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

An utterly beautiful pack!

A question on the city textures -- It looks like I'm seeing the daylight textures when on the night side of Kerbin, and it's visually odd since it makes it look like I'm just flying high in an airplane, rather than orbiting the planet. The dark (glowing cities) texture seems to be showing as well, which looks much better/more zoomed out than the detail streets and city districts visible. I know Kerbin is about 1/6 the side it should be, but it's not *that* small.

VoAE7LK.png

I manually installed SVE with no EVE present, in case there was something with default EVE cities, etc.

Thanks!

Yeah this is an issue with EVE right now. Can't do anything about it unfortunately :(

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Ahh, are there any other mods you have installed? If so just try using SVE with the bundled EVE and the latest Scatterer version

Yeah this is an issue with EVE right now. Can't do anything about it unfortunately :(

Well, I'm getting some haze around distant mountains and Kerbin looks different, so it may just be part of the mod that is not installed properly. Any ideas as to what? I'm also not getting any cities showing up.

I think scatterer is active, but not EVE or SVE

Edited by The Optimist

7 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Well, I'm getting some haze around distant mountains and Kerbin looks different, so it may just be part of the mod that is not installed properly. Any ideas as to what? I'm also not getting any cities showing up.

I think scatterer is active, but not EVE or SVE

City textures are currently having known issues with Scatterer installed. As to why clouds aren't showing some logs and pictures would be useful :) 

@Nhawks17

Yeah, is that going to affect it?

Honestly I have not looked as to how you were trying to achieve it with the textures but if you were feathering the RGB channel (general image layer) but also had an Alpha channel being applied that didn't mimic the feathering then obviously the feathering would have been redundant on the RGB channel and would not show up. It would be a bit of an ass about face way of doing it if you had more than 4 bands anyway... I way just making sure you hadn't forgot something silly is all.

Edited by Poodmund

5 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@Nhawks17

Honestly I have not looked as to how you were trying to achieve it with the textures but if you were feathering the RGB channel (general image layer) but also had an Alpha channel being applied that didn't mimic the feathering then obviously the feathering would have been redundant on the RGB channel and would not show up. It would be a bit of an ass about face way of doing it if you had more than 4 bands anyway... I way just making sure you hadn't forgot something silly is all.

Ah well.. Doesn't matter now, pingopete already did it ages ago :P Thanks for the help :D 

48 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Am I supposed to put all 3 files in the folder into my GameData? "Extract the files" isn't very specific.

Well considering they are all in the download and it does say fileS... yes.. you need to. The EnviromentalVisualEnhancements, Scatterer, and StockVisualEnhancements all need to be in your Gamedata.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Ah well.. Doesn't matter now, pingopete already did it ages ago :P Thanks for the help :D 

Well considering they are all in the download and it does say fileS... yes.. you need to. The EnviromentalVisualEnhancements, Scatterer, and StockVisualEnhancements all need to be in your Gamedata.

So, I need Kopernicus, EVE, Scatterer and SVE in my GameData? Is the scatterer in the SVE folder the only one I need or do I need to install it separately?

39 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

So, I need Kopernicus, EVE, Scatterer and SVE in my GameData? Is the scatterer in the SVE folder the only one I need or do I need to install it separately?

You need to install it over the actual version of scatterer. The folder in my download only includes configuration files.

On 2/11/2016 at 10:14 AM, sidfu said:

sigh just cant figure out what is causing this error. seems to be a mod conflict but dont know why. do u know nay mods that would prevent the evemanger plugin from loading?

[EXC 09:26:10.457] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase+<>c.<GetManagers>b__0_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
    EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.GetManagers ()
    EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    :MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

Try deleting PartFX.dll in EVE Plugins folder. I had the exact same issue and that solved it for me.

You guys are going to love the new jool clouds, they look amazing. Here are some dev screenshots. Thanks for letting me Dev test @Nhawks17 Keep in mind these arent finished yet and anything can change

Edited by sDaZe

I have something to add in regards to clouds disappearing around the 60km mark over Kerbin. When using SVE with the latest dev release of the EVE plugins on Linux, the clouds vanish upon reaching 60km. Although, when using the exact same Gamedata folder I'm Windows (using the x64 bit hack), the clouds never disappear. So, unless I have some incorrect Nvidia settings on Linux, the issue would seemingly be tied to OpenGL rendering or Linux itself, somehow (or the Linux version of KSP). I have tried several different installs in Linux and I always see the issue. And, from what I recall, KSPRC also has the problem of vanishing clouds in Linux. I will test it out and report back.

I stand corrected... the clouds do not disappear in KSPRC.

Edited by fallout2077

16 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

I have something to add in regards to clouds disappearing around the 60km mark over Kerbin. When using SVE with the latest dev release of the EVE plugins on Linux, the clouds vanish upon reaching 60km. Although, when using the exact same Gamedata folder I'm Windows (using the x64 bit hack), the clouds never disappear. So, unless I have some incorrect Nvidia settings on Linux, the issue would seemingly be tied to OpenGL rendering or Linux itself, somehow (or the Linux version of KSP). I have tried several different installs in Linux and I always see the issue. And, from what I recall, KSPRC also has the problem of vanishing clouds in Linux. I will test it out and report back.

I stand corrected... the clouds do not disappear in KSPRC.

It might be that KSPRC uses a different version of EVE than what I have bundled. I'm not sure which version Proot bundled with KSPRC. I haven't noticed the clouds disappearing myself but I have only tested with DX9 and DX11. Hopefully rbray will start working on EVE soon so he can fix some of these bugs and I'll be able to get a new version out :P 

45 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

It might be that KSPRC uses a different version of EVE than what I have bundled. I'm not sure which version Proot bundled with KSPRC. I haven't noticed the clouds disappearing myself but I have only tested with DX9 and DX11. Hopefully rbray will start working on EVE soon so he can fix some of these bugs and I'll be able to get a new version out :P 

Just out of curiosity, it was you that worked on the Ultra-res version of SVE, correct? You mention on the GitHub page that it uses modified files that are meant to run in the Linux version of the game. Unless I'm wrong, KSP can't run in anything but OpenGL in Linux, so shouldn't you have been running SVE in OpenGL? If there is a way to run KSP in DirectX in Linux, I would love to hear it!