[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Would have a suggestion for career mode with mechjeb:

- currently mechjeb overrides the spacecenters functionality of not being able to make maneuver nodes (spacecenter lvl0)

- thought it would be cool if we could play it "retro style" until the spacecenter has been upgraded: mechjeb not showing a maneuver node, but instead just giving us the direction, deltaV and burntime needed

Hi all

Just updated to 0.9 and downloaded mechjeb 2.4.1 but I am damned if I can get it to work. I have placed the plugin dll in the plugin folder and the AR202/pod folders in the parts. When I launch the game it appears on screen and I can place one on the rocket but when I go to the launch pad there isn't the normal pop up window? What am I doing wrong please?

Hi all

Just updated to 0.9 and downloaded mechjeb 2.4.1 but I am damned if I can get it to work. I have placed the plugin dll in the plugin folder and the AR202/pod folders in the parts. When I launch the game it appears on screen and I can place one on the rocket but when I go to the launch pad there isn't the normal pop up window? What am I doing wrong please?

That's not the correct installation method. Remove what you've installed and reinstall by putting the entire MechJeb2 folder in the Gamedata folder. The plugin and parts folders are from when mods were handled differently, they really aren't useful anymore.

That's not the correct installation method. Remove what you've installed and reinstall by putting the entire MechJeb2 folder in the Gamedata folder. The plugin and parts folders are from when mods were handled differently, they really aren't useful anymore.

Speaking of which, I wonder if I can delete those folders, or if will KSP auto-create those again once I update it.

Is there any way to tweak MJ's amount of correction input, specifically for planes? I know there were some additional DDLs for FAR/NEAR, but they weren't helping much with overcontrol issue (it's clearly MJ related, because stock SAS seems to be pretty stable, but it doesn't allow to keep specific course like SmartASS and all that stuff). Maybe there can be an option added for delaying MJ input or reducing it, say, by half for plane autopiloting? Like: do not try to be superprecise like in space, just make input slowly, than wait x ms to see if more input needed and so on. Kinda like switching to stock "precise control" with caps lock.

P.S. I was experiencing overcontrol problem also in space since 0.90, but it seems to be gone in latest dev build. But problem persists in space for craft moved by RCS thrusters - just build a test can of a probe, RCS tank and 4-8 stock RCS 4-way ports and try to execute some nodes in orbit, especially on physical warp. It tends to rotate a tiny bit, then to correct rotation, which makes it worse and it all leads to huge monoprop leak.

The best way to avoid duplicate modules when using MM is to add the !MODULE parameter like so.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

Or if you want to preserve tech tree progress when adding MechJeb to all command modules.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Just for the stupid, how/where does one put in these scripts?

I've been a mechjeb2 user since KSP v.22 and it has consistently been a part of my KSP experience since then. It occured to me I've never taken the time to say thank you for all your hard work on this; it's overdue. You've done a stellar job at providing an indispensable part of my playing experience loaded with versatility whether just using the wealth of information provided by mechjeb, or being able to relax and let mechjeb handle those rendevouz when I've needed to relaunch and reconstruct entire stations due to accidently mounting a docking port the wrong way around. I couldn't be more appreciative, really. Thank you and please keep up the good work. I know a lot of people have enjoyed it as I have.

Anyone else getting this problem?

The DV calculation seem to be buggy when using radial attachment instead of vertical node attachment.

Adding fuel pipe doesn't seem to help or hinder either way

Vertical vs Radial comparison

zDxyt5x.jpg

7nePrRX.jpg

The DV calculation seem to be buggy when using radial attachment instead of vertical node attachment.

Vertical vs Radial comparison

http://i.imgur.com/zDxyt5x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7nePrRX.jpg

Use the latest dev version. The release version is bugged (it doesn't recognize new CompoundPart module)

Hey, Sarbian. Just an Idea I had a bit ago.. I know you said you didn't want to put restrictions on mechjeb per pilot experience because of disgruntled users, however, rather than having to change anything, I would suggest adding mechjeb to the pilot skills and leaving the progressive mechjeb modules in-tact. AKA, you can have a very able pilot able to do these calculations/ maneuvers, or a mechjeb unit attached to the ship. That way, we can have the best of both worlds. Just an Idea. :)

Yes, I get that as well with dev build #366

Once more, many thanks for the inexhaustive support, Sarbian. You do so much for this community. :)

Can I assume the latest stable version (2.4.2) is the same as the devbuild #371? You haven't specified what's the latest devbuild on the post #8492... ;) Thank you.

Can you please add to SmartASS-SURF section 90 degree button for roll instead of 180? My bet is that it could be more popular because of ship's default orientation in VAB (which is kinda strange by itself from my point of view).