[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It was disabled. If you want it, you need to recompile the source codes after removing he comments around the code involving the rendezvous module.

Any chance of a quick lesson on how to do that? :)

I don't know if this is a known bug that's already been talked about before or what, but it's been interfering with my current rocket so I thought I'd go ahead and say something about it.

When I decouple anything from my command pod, MechJeb causes any other decouplers that are no longer attached to the command pod to be decoupled as well. Is this intentional? Or a side-effect of being able to control decoupled parts? Ideally I would be able to control a decoupled part, and then be able to further decouple something else off of that (separately from when I decoupled the first part of course). Would that even be possible, or am I just dreaming too large here?

I don't know if this is a known bug that's already been talked about before or what, but it's been interfering with my current rocket so I thought I'd go ahead and say something about it.

When I decouple anything from my command pod, MechJeb causes any other decouplers that are no longer attached to the command pod to be decoupled as well. Is this intentional? Or a side-effect of being able to control decoupled parts? Ideally I would be able to control a decoupled part, and then be able to further decouple something else off of that (separately from when I decoupled the first part of course). Would that even be possible, or am I just dreaming too large here?

I've found that the order in which you decouple makes a difference.

Place your "main" capsule at the top of the rocket.

It works best decoupling from the bottom up.

When you finally decouple the "secondary" ship, that ship should be a single stage. If you do it that way your "main" ship should remain intact.

I've found that the order in which you decouple makes a difference.

Place your "main" capsule at the top of the rocket.

It works best decoupling from the bottom up.

When you finally decouple the "secondary" ship, that ship should be a single stage. If you do it that way your "main" ship should remain intact.

Well, what if my "main" ship (the one that is no longer the controlled part of the ship) also needs a decoupler? I have 3 decouplers, and I need the middle one to decouple without either of the end ones prematurely decoupling. Might be outside the realm of possibility right now, but if it's a bug with MechJeb, then I'd like to know if it would be possible if it were fixed. The problem I described only happens with MechJeb on my ship, even though without it I can't decouple something that's already separated anyways.

Wouldn't even have to worry about this though if docking was added already... I thought that sending up both of the modules I needed would work if I could control them both independently, but this decoupler problem is making it impossible to do things exactly how I want =/

MechJeb 1.9.1 released!

• Added (some) support for AtmosphericEngine;
  • Improved MechJeb steering;
  • Fixed settings problem with multiple MechJebs in the same vessel;
  • New Autom8 functions: thrustActivate, thrustDeactivate, stage, getModule, ilsHold, ilsLand;
  • Re-enabled Rendezvous module;

Well the update did fix the decoupler issue I had! Although I was definitely dreaming too big when I thought I might be able to do any kind of staging on parts that have been separated (decoupling, parachutes, w/e), although I'm definitely satisfied now and I'll just have to wait for docking or something to be able to do what I'd like =P oh well, I'll deal for now, thanks r4m0n for an awesome mod with MechJeb, and ptaylor25 for trying to help with my problem, I appreciate it =)

MechJeb 1.9.1 released!

• Added (some) support for AtmosphericEngine;
  • Improved MechJeb steering;
  • Fixed settings problem with multiple MechJebs in the same vessel;
  • New Autom8 functions: thrustActivate, thrustDeactivate, stage, getModule, ilsHold, ilsLand;
  • Re-enabled Rendezvous module;

Thanks for a great add-on and all of your hard work!

:)

First post here , been lurking for a while now .... i did manage to get to land on the Mun before i used mechJeb , now i use it almost all the time to speed up transfers and orbits , but its been a great tutor , only real fault i found , it can be heavy handed when manoeuvring big ships under RCS . DLing 1.9.1 now ... many thanks :)

btw i have been in awe at the math involved ..... mechjeb decided 0.5 meters was enough tolerance for this landing :o

14661912.jpg

nice one

Orson

Great news! The new functions in autom8 make it an extremely useful instrument.

In addition to the "Fly Me To The Mun" script published on the wiki, I've now written the opposite - a script to return from the Mun to Kerbin and land. For now, it only works from the near side of the Mun, and is not 100% optimal. Obviously, you need enough fuel, and either even more fuel and enough thrust or parachutes for Kerbin landing.

See for yourself:

Script available at http://pastebin.com/6JcxGLLf

My game keeps crashing since I started using the last update. It'll get me into orbit and then freeze up. It was fine before the plugin. Any ideas?

No, but whenever I grab the AR202 case the game instantly shuts down.

I've added a new thread for Autom8 scripting here, please keep all scripting discussion there.

That's nice to know, but do you have any idea why my client keeps crashing with this mod? I made it all the way to mun this time and tried to land and it froze. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm new to this, so I apologize if this is redundant. I unpacked the parts and plugins and moved them into the correct folders, but it does not work, I feel like I'm missing something important here....

Did you make sure to install the actual part onto your ship that makes it work? If you look you'll notice some new parts. There are a few different ones you can use to make it work.

Select the spherical MechJeb pod, turn camera so that you look exacly down on it, then you can place the fuel tank in the middle, after that select engines, go to 4x symmetry, attach them, then do the same with the legs.

If it doesn't work, attach it to a wrong node, then try to add legs or engines first, if it works attaching the tank right should become easier.