Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

It's been a while since the last time I played ksp, it didn't have any planets or satellites. I forgot how incredibly rewarding this game feels! I've successfully landed on the mun and on Minmun.

iboBtrY7MtBCdq.png

iNCN41RCR56QD.png

Very fun to fly around at Minmun with the astronaut's backpack :D I have to find some use for the astronauts... it's too much fun to leave the ship when in orbit and fly around.

Its Called Minmus , not Minmun. MINMUS!

So I decided before visiting the other planets, I should finish with the Kerbin system. I had two successful landings on the Mun, but only managed to leave a small crater on Minmus. Today I decided to change that to a successful mission. I will just include a link to the album for thread space purposes, feel free to open in another tab or window.

First you will behold the full rocket Borderland I. I decided that practicality had no business in a trip to a frozen world orbiting a terran planet, so went overboard on the rockets. Which is an understatement as if you don't watch your angles during launch, you will end up almost to munar orbit with just the first stage. It even flies rather steadily as well.

Well we skip to Minmus, expressing great joy upon making a successful landing after covering some territory first due to difficulties with lateral velocity on a very low-gravity world. Not wanting to just make this a simple postcard affair, I thought I would see what could be seen from a nearby ridge of the plateau I had landed on. Hence the next two photos, one from up above the ground. Traveling around Minmus is very easy with an EVA pack, but you definitely got to watch your fuel level. I did just that but overdid going to a further ridge. The following time was spent walking on Minmus' surface back to the lander, in which I discovered it can get real uncomfortable holding the W key for a long time, and that Minmus indeed rotates as I was able to watch my shadow steadily grow longer. The next photo exhibits a significant difference in lighting due to this.

Anyway, I make an easy launch, leaving the dry outboard tanks behind as a bit of a marker of my being there. After a couple more gametime days, I made splashdown on the opposite side of Kerbin from the KSC, as one does.

Go Team Samstarman!

http://imgur.com/a/cioDT

Okay, I'll bite. What does Socrates' wife have in common with the Little Corporal?

I thought I'll give the colony for Eve a female name since Eve is a female-ish name.

The series of colonies I plan to launch are as follows

Moho- Benkei

Eve- Xanthippe

Kerbin- the 2 original colonies, named O'Neill

Duna- Bonapart

Jool- Nerval

Free-moving colony- Leopard

I've been struggling with lag, bugs, explosions and other things stopping me from doing much. But in the last day or so, my NM4-D rocket has managed something...odd.

[spoiler=]screenshot132.png

That's the main ascent engine. It's not the ONLY ascent engine, but I wasn't expecting to get to Duna (albiet in an out-of-control collision course) before lighting up the nuclear engine. That stage even had full fuel when I reached solar orbit..... Once KSP gets patched to a less crashy-explodey-use-all-the-RAM-in-the-southern-hemisphere version, I definitely know how I'm going to be building future rockets. Maybe get that return trip the Duna I've been trying to do since the update came out only to have everything fall victim to the RAM bug.

High Speed, Low Altitude Fly-by of the Mun During an Engine Test

under 5k at greater than 4kps horizontal velocity

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/QxrWb/embed"></iframe>

Edited by sanity