[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

Installed it through CKAN on a fresh install with no other mods. Still only got the external camera but no camera on the docking ports. For some reason the MM is not adding the module to the docking parts and I had to do it manually in all the config files for parts that have a dock in it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

Are you looking for the external camera or the docking cam ?

As a matter of fact, any cam at the moment, do I have to install the original lazor mod too, to get this work?
My tech tree is also finished (almost) so I should have unlocked them, if they're embeded in the techtree

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

8 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

As a matter of fact, any cam at the moment, do I have to install the original lazor mod too, to get this work?
My tech tree is also finished (almost) so I should have unlocked them, if they're embeded in the techtree

No the lazor mod hasn't worked in sometime the tech need is TechRequired = engineering101 check your install make sure you have KSP/Gamedata/OLDD

12 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

No the lazor mod hasn't worked in sometime the tech need is TechRequired = engineering101 check your install make sure you have KSP/Gamedata/OLDD

Yes, when I copied with the OLDD folder, an external cam appeared in the parts and the tech tree... But there is still not option for docking ports...=(((

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

2 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

So I assume only the external cam works then, not the docking one?
Thank you for your help by the way

Docking cam should work if you have ModuleManager installed which you should you just click on your docking port and turn cam on and click on target docking port

• 2 months later...
  1. KSP 1.2.pre ready.
  2. electricity consumption temporarily disabled.
  3. Added toolbar button.
  4. can change unload range.(via toolbar button)
  5. shaders divided to three groups (via toolbar button)
  6. added 2 new modes for cameras, installed on non-active vessels

4 hours ago, DennyTX said:
  1. KSP 1.2.pre ready.

Just installed and gave it a try. It's not working for me. I'm running KSP Win64 Pre1.2. I get the Onboard Camera in the 'Command and Control' section, which I've not tried to use yet. I did put two capsules up into orbit and try docking ... the docking camera didn't function, no button in the right click menu, capsules were 20m apart.

Am I missing something?

Edit:

Answer - yes! Apparently I missed out on the Module Manager requirement.
Nevermind. :blush:

Edited by LordFerret
revelations!

33 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

How do I get to see the feed from the onboard cameras? I turn them on but nothing happens (Yes,I have MM installed).

KSP 1.2.pre (1576) + MM + DockingCamera(KURS)

Edited by DennyTX

I really like this mod! Great work.

It makes flying at night fun and gives some pretty awsome opportunities. It's awsome.

What exactly does the experiment do? In wich situations can you perform it? Only fooled arround with the cam in sandbox and flew a plane at night and monitored a takeoff of my munrocket in dozens of angels.

Also since you have no GameData folder inside the archiv it is a bit confusing since its folder>folder>mod. Took me a minute to figure out why it wasn't working for me :S

I'll use it in career now since I got my mechjeb addiction fixed and need some little helper.

Here is another little way to use it: find out who is stealing all the snacks from the warehouse:

6JY4q39.png

The effects are adjustable via the config? Because the oldvideo effects look nice, but almost render the cam useless.

Edit: What are those bullets for?

Edited by maculator
typo here typo there typo everywhere

6 hours ago, maculator said:

What exactly does the experiment do? In wich situations can you perform it? Only fooled arround with the cam in sandbox and flew a plane at night and monitored a takeoff of my munrocket in dozens of angels.

The effects are adjustable via the config? Because the oldvideo effects look nice, but almost render the cam useless.

Edit: What are those bullets for?

well, this was a try to reproduce a surveilance (spy) activity. You need to be at a distance less than 1000 m near any targetable thingie, catch it on camera's screen and targeted. press "⦿" button. A ray will be shoot. If all requirements have met and there are no obstacle on ray's path - you'll should get experiment results, if something wrong - you just spend one bullet.  Experiments is limited by bullets (4 yellow balls around cam, dissapearing one by one each time). I thought it will be interesting if contracts.

Camera has 3 presets of shaders (noisy TV 1960th style, TV 1980th style  and standart (color, b/w and nightvision). available via button, appearing when blizzy toolbar is installed. 

Also, by toolbar button you could find info about nearby cameras installed on other vessels in transmission range. If camera has been activated on some vessel, but you drive other one - a new window from distant camera will appear when distance from first one will become less than 2500 (or 10k (customizable)). 

If you want you can use "look at me" mode by activating it on distant camera (and targetcam  and "follow me" modes on your active vessel.

Edited by DennyTX

Thanks for the feedback. Will you concider making a stock toolbar button available in the future? If not I might have to concider using blizzys toolbar. And you might want to add blizzys toolbar as a dependency in the description.

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.