[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

hmmm.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Well it doesn't work at all. With CKAN, without CKAN, here, there, one way or another

well, the investigation has shown following:
1. there is only one dependence - ModuleManager
2. Direct download from KerbalStuff places mod in right place.
3. CKAN places mod in wrong place. Right path to mod is following: Gamedata/ OLDD/DockingCam/*.*
4. You must have MM patch in mod catalog. (enclosed, add DockingCam to stock docking ports)

with vanila KSP - works ok.
with my 54 mods - works ok.

if you have checked previous steps and it does not helped,  there is only one  cause - one from the other mods rewrote CFG of docking ports.
Press F12 in FlightScene -> Database -> Configs. Fins any of stock docking ports  and check    

MODULE
    {
        name = DockingCameraModule
		allowedDistance = 1000
		nightVisionArgs = 0.5,0.7,0.5,0.5
		targetCrossColor = 0.9,0.0,0.0,1.0
		targetCrossColorOLDD = 0.0,0.0,0.9,1.0
		noise = true
}

there.

also, to make camera works you need to select target and be close than distance that allowedDistance said.

Edited by DennyTX

25 minutes ago, laserdiao said:

I think u forgot the stock mk2Dockingport,its name is different from the others.

You can make a CFG that looks like

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
allowedDistance = 1000
noise = true
}
}

It will add this mod to any part that has a docking node on it , and is missing this mod hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2015, 2:21:09, MeCripp said:

Did you target a docking port that you want to dock too and then click on the docking port on the ship your controlling and turn camera on ?

I finally installed it via CKAN, now everything works as intended :) awesome mod

Hello to all, and big thanks to DennyTx for building this mod.  This has been needed for a long time.

Great stuff.

Is there anyway to get / download the earlier / previous builds?  Something like Github or such.???

I am chasing a critter and I would like to be able to back up a version to check something on my end here.

again, thanks very much for the mod.

Cheers.

also, how do we give rep with this new conflaberation of a forum system?????

Edited by drtedastro
needed to add something

6 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

Hello to all, and big thanks to DennyTx for building this mod.  This has been needed for a long time.

Great stuff.

Is there anyway to get / download the earlier / previous builds?  Something like Github or such.???

I am chasing a critter and I would like to be able to back up a version to check something on my end here.

again, thanks very much for the mod.

Cheers.

also, how do we give rep with this new conflaberation of a forum system?????

When you goto Kerbal Stuff to download scroll down to change log and click on change log you will see all that he has put up and you can download what ever one you want

Edited by Mecripp2

• 2 weeks later...

@DennyTX Out of curiosity, have you looked at BahamutoD's BDArmory mod and its targeting camera? I messed around with that mod for a short time in 1.0.4 (had to go due to memory constraints). The targeting camera was a masterpiece of functionality. It just didn't do docking. One VERY useful general function it had was a target-lock: it would slave the camera to the object in the center of the camera view, keeping said object in view. Not sure if you'd be interested, but BDArmory' license allows it, perhaps you might consider importing some of the functionality/features of the targeting camera to your mod.

Otherwise, the combination of DPAI and HullCamVDS functions that this mod provides was/is one I wanted but couldn't find until now.

Wishlist items

• Could the noise amount be adjusted in the config rather then "on/off"?
  • Window target marker (on/off) is sticky and doesn't remember that I want it off
  • Window doesn't remember its position and size

Another new camera mod is called Controllable Rover Mastcam:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/controllable-rover-mastcam

That one is interesting because it gives you first person POV.

Hi

Been having a big problem with mod lately (because I have been testing different mods for a new science play through and only just got to the docking bit) but long story short it doesnt display correctly. The docking cam "video feed" displays bottom left hand corner the actual docking cam insert is in the right place and is the right size (screenshot would be handy but it should be a easy fault to reproduce). Check the debug log shows "RenderTexture.Create failed: format unsupported." after abit of trial and error, mods in/out, base game with just dockingcam and MM found out it was all about the startup parms I run "ksp.exe -force-d3d11" (dockingcam breaks) but run ksp.exe -force-opengl (all is wonderfull except I get problems with fullscreen Tracking centre not lined up).

Hope this helps also any suggestions about fixing problem please get in touch.

Edited by blindbat2006

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I like the camera, but I use HullcamVDS, which this appears to conflict with regarding a camera on the docking port

? This is a mod for a camera on the docking port and don't remember HullcamVDS having a docking cam ?

EDIT- And if you like HullcamVDS why use this mod ?  And if you want to use this mod for docking looking at VDS folder can't you just delete  DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg

Edited by Mecripp2
?

16 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Anyway to add the camera thats already on some of the stock docking ports to other mods docking ports ? Such as tantares.

12 post up http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/124475-105-docking-camera-kurs-style-v-14-21nov15/&do=findComment&comment=2302549

EDIT-

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
allowedDistance = 1000
noise = true
}
}

EDIT- Here is a zip with a MM just unzip put anywhere in KSP/GameData folder https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/DockingCam_For_All.cfg.zip

Edited by Mecripp2
Here is a zip with a MM CFG file

9 hours ago, MeCripp said:

? This is a mod for a camera on the docking port and don't remember HullcamVDS having a docking cam ?

EDIT- And if you like HullcamVDS why use this mod ?  And if you want to use this mod for docking looking at VDS folder can't you just delete  DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg

Quoting from the Hullcam thread:

- Added docking camera, filters and target readouts to all docking ports.

And I use CKAN to install most of my mods.  I'm trying to avoid doing manual changes to cfg files (including deleting them).  

But I like the camera so much, I might just do it anyway :-)

Quoting from the Hullcam thread:

- Added docking camera, filters and target readouts to all docking ports.

And I use CKAN to install most of my mods.  I'm trying to avoid doing manual changes to cfg files (including deleting them).  

But I like the camera so much, I might just do it anyway :-)

And remember why, I didn't use VDS for docking as the mods, I used it put the camera like behide the docking port, I guess you could texture or model on some so, I couldn't see anything but the backside of the docking port.

EDIT- Guess, I could have played around with there cfg's but didn't that much

Edited by Mecripp2

The patch to add the camera to all docking ports is using the part name, and there misses any docking port which doesn't begin with "dockingPort", such as the one in VensStockRevamp:  ParaDockingPort, Clamp-O-Tron MK 16-XXL Docking Port.

I suggest replacing the

@PART[dockingPort*]

with

@HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]]

Edited by linuxgurugamer
syntax error correction

I was looking for an alternative to other docking alignment and this is great.

However, I'm having the same issue as @blindbat2006: switching to DX11 breaks this mod pretty bad: http://imgur.com/yYJCqeE.

I tried a few things but everything points to the forced DX11 rendering as the reason why it break. in DX11 the logfile start filling up with:

[ERR 04:17:12.942] RenderTexture.Create failed: format unsupported.

I tried using the DDS converter from this thread in the mod folder but it did not work.

Search the forum points to a few not so useful things (Linux and @blindbat2006 post).

I'm a bit a lost at to what other thing I could try as I have not played in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm, I'm seeding it, at about 2 Mbit/second.  Currently have about a dozen peers

So everyone knows who comes looking:

On the front page of KerbalStuff dot com, at the end there is a link to a torrent.

In torrent, look for DennyTX_89 folder.

In said folder are all the versions of Docking Cam.

I'm wicked hung over, and that was painful.

Enjoy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.