[1.0.5] [Kopernicus] Kerbol Plus Remade v1.1 [19Nov15] - Reborn and revived!

KillAshley

17 hours ago, KillAshley said:

kopernicustech? that wouldnt work as koprnicustech and kopernicus are incompatible

I took Pergas's textures and made a new version of it in KopernicusTech, then used ScaledSpace on it. It wasn't the actual Pegas, just a temporary copy.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I took Pergas's textures and made a new version of it in KopernicusTech, then used ScaledSpace on it. It wasn't the actual Pegas, just a temporary copy.

Could you help me with the kerbal galexy? Please?

Seriusly, If anyone helps me like ever i will be happy.

Edited by Flybuild

1 hour ago, Flybuild said:

Do you still have all the files in the mod's GameData folder? That may be the problem; It's happened to me before.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

3 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Do you still have all the files in the mod's GameData folder? That may be the problem; It's happened to me before.

Which mods gamedata folder?

It sort of came with extra mods (visual enhancements and clouds, aparently)

Edited by Flybuild

7 hours ago, Flybuild said:

That mod is made for 1.02 and is not compatible with latest updates to kopernicus. If you are having trouble with it you should post in it's thread and hope the author updates it, or the mod will be as good as dead :(

8 hours ago, KillAshley said:

That mod is made for 1.02 and is not compatible with latest updates to kopernicus. If you are having trouble with it you should post in it's thread and hope the author updates it, or the mod will be as good as dead :(

1.0.2? I didn't think KG2 was THAT outdated! But I think this conversation should move to the Kerbal Galaxy forum page...

God damnit.

Any downloads that have functioning versions?

Like that installs an older version of kopernicus? Etc.

Even then. If the mods dead in the water... Then why are there still work in progress things!? I would think the creator would work on those. I just told the mod creator of KG2 about it. But he doesnt seem to be repliing to ANYTHING. Seriusly, I think the mods completly dead. But why would he give up when he still had several things to add?!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted that mod. So badly. ): Please. Could someone, If the mod is dead, could SOMEONE get it back up again. Please. I have seen the mod reviews. AND I REALLY WANT THAT MOD. But its incompatible! I told him - If you make a mod MAKE IT WORK DANGIT!!! Theres no use for a mod if it doesnt work, So if it wont work, why start making it in the first place!!!

Also, didnt he expect kopernicus to change over time?! WHY DID HE NOT PLAN AHEAD!!!!! Why. just why.

Also, If it doesnt work, HOW DO PEOPLE MAKE MOD REVIEWS ON A MOD THAT DOESNT FREAKING WORK?!?!?!?!?!

If possible, Do you have any outdated download links that i can use to get the mod to work? ):

Edited by Flybuild

18 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Ok. I have installed the your mod the way you said it needs to be installed - Seperate files inside the gamedata folder

Nothing happens. At all. Whatsoever. Gosh darn it. And to clarify this isnt kerbal galaxy, this is your kerbol plus.

And what i did.

I downloaded kopernicus (redownloaded) Extracted it. put all the files that the extraction formed into the gamedata folder. (if files were inside files, I kept them inside files) Then did the same with your mod. Both times i deleted the old, compressed, folder that had nothing in them. I also took files that were still inside those folders, and moved them to gamedata.

I already had hyper-edit. And, Including the thing hyperedits with, The 4 file folders inside gamedata are: Kerbaltek; Kopernicus.0.5.2(2); KPlus_v1.1(1); Squad

Edited by Flybuild

A while back I had Kerbol Plus combined with Outer Planets and they played nicely together. Is that still the case? Since 1.0.5 I've been playing with just OP and I miss how full the system was, even if I never really did get the most out of them all.

1 hour ago, Flybuild said:

I told him - If you make a mod MAKE IT WORK DANGIT!!! Theres no use for a mod if it doesnt work, So if it wont work, why start making it in the first place!!!

people make mods for different reason, however attitudes such as that are extremely detrimental & insulting to the modding community. Perhaps the author has moved onto other things, or has had something happen IRL that means he can no longer maintain/create anything. Please try to be considerate and not spam post on threads that have been dead for a while and to spam other threads about non-related mods.

55 minutes ago, Flybuild said:

The 4 file folders inside gamedata are: Kerbaltek; Kopernicus.0.5.2(2); KPlus_v1.1(1); Squad

you've installed it incorrectly, try looking inside the folders called " Kopernicus.0.5.2(2)" & "KPlus_v1.1(1)" I can guarantee inside them is a GameData folder that should be merged with your main folder. the contents of that GameData folder is the folders that should be inside your main GameData folder.

42 minutes ago, Hevach said:

A while back I had Kerbol Plus combined with Outer Planets and they played nicely together. Is that still the case? Since 1.0.5 I've been playing with just OP and I miss how full the system was, even if I never really did get the most out of them all.

yes, they work perfectly together, orbits have been re-alligned to make this version natively compatible and to bring both packs into line.

Edited by KillAshley

15 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

you've installed it incorrectly, try looking inside the folders called " Kopernicus.0.5.2(2)" & "KPlus_v1.1(1)" I can guarantee inside them is a GameData folder that should be merged with your main folder. the contents of that GameData folder is the folders that should be inside your main Gamedata folder

I dont understand. Your saying that the folders inside the main gamedata folder are incorrect and should be in the main gamedata folder, It doenst make sence.

Your essensially telling me "Putting it in the folder you have it in is incorrect, Put it inside the folder you have it in."

To make it sound easier, You are saying to put it in the folder its already in. Its already in gamedata, And your telling me to put it in gamedata - The exact same folder.

Edited by Flybuild

9 minutes ago, Flybuild said:

I dont understand. Your saying that the folders inside the main gamedata folder are incorrect and should be in the main gamedata folder, It doenst make sence.

Your essensially telling me "Putting it in the folder you have it in is incorrect, Put it inside the folder you have it in."

To make it sound easier, You are saying to put it in the folder its already in. Its already in gamedata, And your telling me to put it in gamedata - The exact same folder.

ok you dont understand what I'm trying to say here, look inside the folders i mentioned & tell me what you see. Inside those folders is a GameData folder, correct? why would there be a GameData folder inside those folders? that makes no sense, perhaps the reason is because those extra ones were meant to be merged with your main one, instead of being inside them. If that fails, then i STRONGLY recommend you just delete the folders and install CKAN to manage the installation for you

2 hours ago, KillAshley said:

ok you dont understand what I'm trying to say here, look inside the folders i mentioned & tell me what you see. Inside those folders is a GameData folder, correct? why would there be a GameData folder inside those folders? that makes no sense, perhaps the reason is because those extra ones were meant to be merged with your main one, instead of being inside them. If that fails, then i STRONGLY recommend you just delete the folders and install CKAN to manage the installation for you

OK? I didnt merge them, But i did take the contents and move them, It worked after that.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Damion Rayne said:

Hey Kill, will this work alongside OPM at the moment? Sorry for the dumb question, just curious. I'm hoping to have Arkas, Asclepius, OPM and this in a single game... >.> lol

i reworked the orbits so it should be perfectly compatible :wink:

27 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

i reworked the orbits so it should be perfectly compatible :wink:

Why thank you good sir. Much obliged, and great work. You and these planet mods (along others like KIS/KAS and infernal robotics) are getting me back in to ksp. 

KillAshley, not sure if you are still maintaining this one but it causes a newer version of EVE, included in Nhawks17 Stock Visual Enhancements, to break.

Here is the KSP.log

This is running a clean install with only Kerbal Plus Remade, Exception Detector, Graphic Memory Monitor, Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier, Module Manager, and QuickExit.

On 25/1/2016 at 5:29 AM, armegeddon said:

KillAshley, not sure if you are still maintaining this one but it causes a newer version of EVE, included in Nhawks17 Stock Visual Enhancements, to break.

Here is the KSP.log

This is running a clean install with only Kerbal Plus Remade, Exception Detector, Graphic Memory Monitor, Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier, Module Manager, and QuickExit.

I'll have a look, thanks

@KillAshley I just switched to Remake from the original KPlus, but I have issues getting it to work with the latest Kopernicus (v0.6.3). Planets, PQS, seem not to get not loaded somehow, no Kopernicus errors in out_put.log though.

Which version does it need? Or might it be an issue that I still have not updated to 1.0.5 and still on 1.0.4.

Edit: btw went back as far as Kopernicus 0.4 and it loads the planets. Only thing then is the dds textures not being supported in that version..

Edited by Gkirmathal

7 hours ago, Gkirmathal said:

@KillAshley I just switched to Remake from the original KPlus, but I have issues getting it to work with the latest Kopernicus (v0.6.3). Planets, PQS, seem not to get not loaded somehow, no Kopernicus errors in out_put.log though.

Which version does it need? Or might it be an issue that I still have not updated to 1.0.5 and still on 1.0.4.

Edit: btw went back as far as Kopernicus 0.4 and it loads the planets. Only thing then is the dds textures not being supported in that version..

its an issue that you are still on 1.0.4, kopernicus uses 1.0.5 so you'd need to update your KSP, same goes for pretty much all packs out. How come you are still using 1.0.4?

4 hours ago, KillAshley said:

its an issue that you are still on 1.0.4, kopernicus uses 1.0.5 so you'd need to update your KSP, same goes for pretty much all packs out. How come you are still using 1.0.4?

Reckoned it was that :(

I have been putting the update off since it was released, as most, incl myself, thought it was a stopgap update before soon to be v1.1. And I had a lot of manual time invested in customizing a few mods, incl reducing all 2048x+ textures to 1024x.

So I didn't really want to go through all the hassle again for my ongoing career save not to become 'broken'. Now it seems 1.0.5 is here to stay for some time, I really do have to commit I guess.

6 minutes ago, Gkirmathal said:

Reckoned it was that :(

I have been putting the update off since it was released, as most, incl myself, thought it was a stopgap update before soon to be v1.1. And I had a lot of manual time invested in customizing a few mods, incl reducing all 2048x+ textures to 1024x.

So I didn't really want to go through all the hassle again for my ongoing career save not to become 'broken'. Now it seems 1.0.5 is here to stay for some time, I really do have to commit I guess.

since kopernicus 1.0.5 introduced the "LoadOnDemand" feature you probably won't need to resize the textures :)

Hi, im having an annoying bug with Vix. When i try to land, the vessel stops just above the surface and can't reach it, Tried different landings with same result. Does anybody know what can cause this and how to solve it? Thanks in advance

Well, its happening in valit too (i used Hyper edit to try a different planet) and i guess its going to happen i every other new celestial body? I have 1.05 installed, with some mods, but i dont know if it is a mod compatibility issue, or it is because x64 version or some texture problem.

Ive noticed a new called  PQS maps, i dont know how to use it or if it has something to do with the problem i have.

Please help me!!!

Edited by juvilado

9 hours ago, juvilado said:

Hi, im having an annoying bug with Vix. When i try to land, the vessel stops just above the surface and can't reach it, Tried different landings with same result. Does anybody know what can cause this and how to solve it? Thanks in advance

Well, its happening in valit too (i used Hyper edit to try a different planet) and i guess its going to happen i every other new celestial body? I have 1.05 installed, with some mods, but i dont know if it is a mod compatibility issue, or it is because x64 version or some texture problem.

Ive noticed a new called  PQS maps, i dont know how to use it or if it has something to do with the problem i have.

Please help me!!!

....there is no planet called vix in this pack, perhaps you still have the old kerbol plus installed which is a baaaaad thing seeing as that was made for kopernicus 0.0.7 and ksp 0.90.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.