Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

I will help. Yay!

I've never gone interplanetary before, so this is a first. I'm also doing this in career mode. I will bring a satellite and some kerbals on a lander. (Don't have enough science for drills and ore processing, I'll setup a mining operation after I've gotten enough from Dres (And enough money to upgrade my R&D because holy hell, is it expensive). I am running stock KSP since I don't know how to download/install them yet and I'm holding off until I've conquered every planet in the Kerbol System. (Or at least until my curiosity takes over/my save gets corrupted.)

I would send more, but I can't figure out how to fit a rover on and still have space for the nuclear engines to fit into the 2.5m fairing.

Edit: I've decided I want to get more science on Minmus before going to Dres. I want to test the capabilities of my lander around the neighborhood of Kerbin first.

Edited by DaElite101

Easy, ill just crash kerbals into dres as a sacrifice. ill send about 50 per space craft.

EDIT:

I can't do this without my Dres Awareness flag!

http://imgur.com/gallery/S7vL8sL

Took me a few hours to make, you can use it on your mission too!

Edited by RonnieThePotato
picture

I've built a payload containing a fireworks display for Dres, capable of landing from an intercept of Dres with fuel left for the displays. It contains only stock parts, but was only tested on Kerbin, so some displays may not work as intended.

Unfortunately, I don't think my PC would be able to run it without crashing the game, so I would like to submit the payload for someone else to fly. Just mention me and I'll be happy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2AEeT0pEyFacnZZajFFVDVPR2s

Notes: If you launch the payload by itself, with the fairing, it spontaneously explodes. You might need some struts or something.

The display was balanced so it could land without serious issues with torque, but I didn't incorporate any balance for transfer or launch craft, which has to be dealt with.

You will probably want to bring some kerbals along to enjoy the fireworks.

*Edit* The display consists of :

Two Kerbodyne 14400 (that's probably not its actual name) tanks

4 toggleable Mainsail Engines, fed off of the left over fuel from landing

1 Hammer SRB, engine facing upwards

A lot of radial decouplers

4 mini-rockets

Edited by bobston314
To add more information

• 2 weeks later...
On March 18, 2016 at 7:15 PM, max_creative said:

to do list:

1 send 500 tons of dres awerness stuff (canyon jumping, rovers, satellites, landers, and more)

2 land on the mun

3 throw stuff in to the mohole

Is 500 tons of dres stuff good? (And after this, later 2 more missions)

dres FTW!!! Go space potatoes!

Also, found this on the ksp wiki:

Reveal hidden contents

Trivia
Dres is often disregarded and ignored among the KSP community.
YouTube user Felsmark created a video claiming that Dres is nothing but a hoax created by the Kerbal government in an attempt to add interest to the fabled planet Harvest.
Several forum users have created a group to raise awareness and show support to Dres, in the form of giant missions to the dwarf planet.
Dres was the first celestial body chosen to be the host planet of a moon for the Kopernicus Creativity Marathon.
Dres is the only other celestial body, other than Ike and Kerbin, whose terrain has been changed in only one Kopernicus planet pack. All the other planets have been edited in multiple mods like Uncharted Lands and Alternis Kerbol.
Dres is the celestial body most similar to Duna. Both have whiter areas near the poles, names that start with "D", similar orbits, low amounts of craters, and canyons that can be seen from the Map View.

How did I not notice that you found what I did on the KSP wiki? I decided to give Dres some love (and info) on the great Kerbal database.

(Also, 666 posts! I am doomed)

Edited by ProtoJeb21

Soooo, how does a 20,000+ ton mod craft with over a thousand Kerbals aboard sound?

This may be the last you hear from this poor laptop of mine, as the ship is 1006 parts at launch.

Oh and 86,791.59 tons

7 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Soooo, how does a 20,000+ ton mod craft with over a thousand Kerbals aboard sound?

This may be the last you hear from this poor laptop of mine, as the ship is 1006 parts at launch.

Oh and 86,791.59 tons

... R.IP your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Not just my computer... Mort hates me with a passion! If everything goes right, I'll be sending one of the most massive crafts on KerbalX to Dres. The booster alone is bigger than the astronaut complex. 

Sneak peek: YQeCdJt.jpg

JbTYh1p.jpg

i7mW05h.jpg

Edited by Mycroft

8 hours ago, Calvingamr said:

Am i aware enough to complete the callenge?

I Have a few more modules just in case :D

Yap, your clear.

Now, me being lazy, I'm issuing a request for someone to just go through these 18+ pages of thread and finding who i have accepted onto the board, but haven't written their names. Thank!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.