Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

31 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

it's already resized using the "Resize" parameter, but you can edit it using the Advanced Parameter "atmoVisualEffect" (which is additional multiplier)

Thanks, from the description I thought it was visual thickness (height) of the atmosphere.

10 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

Thanks, from the description I thought it was visual thickness (height) of the atmosphere.

hmm yes, were you looking for something different?

I misunderstood you post, what do you mean by "atmosphere drawing distance" ? could you take a couple of screenshots of the normal and abnormal behaviour please?

Edited by Sigma88

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

hmm yes, were you looking for something different?

I misunderstood you post, what do you mean by "atmosphere drawing distance" ? could you take a couple of screenshots of the normal and abnormal behaviour please?

I will be able to take screenshots some hours later.

I am talking about the distance the atmosphere is visible when looking at a planet from far away. Looks like it isn't scaled.

This was first set , KSC flying , Airfield had several sections of different height and sometimes vessels on airfield spawned "submerged" in airfield texture by half , or they could be launched high in the air when physics kick in

SigmaDimensions
{
    Resize = 10
    Rescale = 10
    Atmosphere = 1.42
    dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
    geeASLmultiplier = 1
    landscape = 1
    atmoVisualEffect = 1
    resizeScatter = 1
    CustomSoISize = 0
    CustomRingSize = 0
    atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
    scanAltitude = 1
    resizeBuildings = 1

And here is my current setting where it is more or less fine , everything on the ground, not too high , airfield is in one piece, vessels spawn a little above the airfield and fall on it gently

SigmaDimensions
{
    Resize = 10
    Rescale = 10
    Atmosphere = 1.42
    dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
    geeASLmultiplier = 1
    landscape = 0.3
    atmoVisualEffect = 1
    resizeScatter = 1
    CustomSoISize = 0
    CustomRingSize = 0
    atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
    scanAltitude = 1
    resizeBuildings = 2

When landscape is increased buildings go higher and higher , around 0.6 there is visible gap between them and the land.

As i said earlier, higher the difference of Landscape and resizeBuildings more mess is there . Feels like whole KSC is placed on some tiny rock that get higher and higher from the rest of the ground with the landscape scale going up

Edited by Karamon

26 minutes ago, Karamon said:

This was first set , KSC flying , Airfield had several sections of different height and sometimes vessels on airfield spawned "submerged" in airfield texture by half , or they could be launched high in the air when physics kick in

And here is my current setting where it is more or less fine , everything on the ground, not too high , airfield is in one piece, vessels spawn a little above the airfield and fall on it gently

When landscape is increased buildings go higher and higher , around 0.6 there is visible gap between them and the land.

As i asid earlier, higher the difference of Landscape and resizeBuildings more mess is there . Feels like whole KSC is placed on some tiny rock that get higher and higher from the rest of the ground with the landscape scale going up

this is weird, I tried the settings you sent me (the first set) and this is the result:

Screenshot%202016-11-29%2015.56.15.png?dScreenshot%202016-11-29%2015.59.31.png?d

I have recolored the terrain blue to help see the difference between the ground and the KSC model.

other than that, this is stock kerbin resized with SigmaDimensions v0.6.9.alpha2

as you can see there's no gap

(actually the model continues underground for a while before ending, it's possible to see clipping the camera under the terrain)

I have no idea why you are seeing the KSC float :|

4 minutes ago, Karamon said:

Me neither , but as i said lower landscape solved this and i got rid of 50 000m high mountains on the planet :wink: , resizing buildings helped a bit too so thank you anyway .

yes, but that's not the point. It makes no sense that you get this issue and I don't. unless your system has something different from mine.

In which case I want to know where's the difference because I don't want other people to have issues like floating KSC

could you please send me the modulemanager cachefile and the KSP.log file? (or output_log.txt) thanks again

Edited by Sigma88

Hm... I probably should reconsider the whole visual perception and memory stuff in my brain, as I loaded stock game to make screenshots and found that it also does not show atmo in main menu and in-game it disappears at even lower relative altitudes. :confused:

Well, sorry for bothering.

36 minutes ago, Karamon said:

So i started this then i'll try some test about what when and how is installed , i am still waiting for kerbalism to come back and spend most of my time now "configuring" mods rather than playing .

I know what you mean :D

don't feel like you HAVE TO help, I do apreciate when ppl test stuff but it doesn't have to become a burden.

so i am looking for a culprit , i was unable to reproduce this bug on a clean instal of KSP now , but after throwing in all mods i used it show up again so this is the problem with some mod that trigger it but it might take a while cause i have to check ~40 mods to find which is creating this mess :cool:

strangely i am pretty sure few days ago with older 1.2.1 -1 version of Kopernicus this bug appeared on clean KSP instal so my guess something is smuggling some old Kopernicus files

Edited by Karamon

7 minutes ago, Karamon said:

so i am looking for a culprit , i was unable to reproduce this bug on a clean instal of KSP now , but after throwing in all mods i used it show up again so this is the problem with some mod that trigger it but it might take a while cause i have to check ~40 mods to find which is creating this mess :cool:

strangely i am pretty sure few days ago with older 1.2.1 -1 version of Kopernicus this bug appeared on clean KSP instal so my guess something is smuggling some old Kopernicus files

No it's normal that it showed up before since I only just recently fixed it (v0.6.9.a2)

If you have a list of the mods installed in your game where the ksc floats I might be able to see the best candidates for the bug

(So you don't have to manually check all of them)

Edited by Sigma88

so first i am sorry for making a little mess with informations cause i am simply to fast to jump to a conclusion .

This is not the case of any of my mods it is much more simple

Settings>Graphics > terrain details > default - everything is normal, KSC is where it should be, low on the ground, slopes around it are not too high

settings>Graphics>terrain details >low - and here comes flying KSC

Best part in both cases it is not KSC which is moving, on both tests (landscape - 0.3) rover on the airfield was 201m above sea level. It is the ground that is lower on low terrain settings  :huh:

1 minute ago, Karamon said:

so first i am sorry for making a little mess with informations cause i am simply to fast to jump to a conclusion .

This is not the case of any of my mods it is much more simple

Settings>Graphics > terrain details > default - everything is normal, KSC is where it should be, low on the ground, slopes around it are not too high

settings>Graphics>terrain details >low - and here comes flying KSC

Best part in both cases it is not KSC which is moving, on both tests (landscape - 0.3) rover on the airfield was 201m above sea level. It is the ground that is lower on low terrain settings  :huh:

oh, then I have no idea why this is happening, I might try making a special case for the KSC since it's the most important of the PQSCity mods, but other mods will probably stay messed up in those cases. (unless I can find a general way to fix it)

thanks for the reports, you were very helpful

To be precise with 10x scale everything , buildings  x1 height difference between ground around the KSC is exact 10 meters  , 648 m on default settings and 638 on low setings :confused:

I checked one more thing. This is not sigma dimensions fault, this is how game itself handle these settings . On default height around KSC is 65 meters , on low it is 64 so on low settings it does not only reduce quality of textures but reduce size of planetary bodies by some fatctor. In the scale of whole planet surface area is probably reduced by some considerable numbers improving performance and in stock game barely seen . But as i did x10 scale made this difference in height not barely noticable 1 meter into 10 meters messing with objects position

Edited by Karamon

8 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

The Kopernicus thread say that release 2 breaks your ( @Sigma88s) mods. Is this true as of now? I'm trying to track down a bug.

it broke SigmaBinary but I already fixed that

SD is config only and wasn't affected.

and the brand new pre-release was developed after kopernicus release-3 was released, so there should be no issues.

BUT:

@Thomas P. is kindly working on breaking my mods again, so when the next kopernicus gets released all my plugin-based mods will break (which includes SigmaBinary and SigmaDimensions pre-release)

Could you include a tool that figures out synchronous and semi-synchronous orbit heights based on your settings? I, unfortunately, don't think I know the math required to do it myself. And please make Mac and Linux versions if it's an application.

12 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Could you include a tool that figures out synchronous and semi-synchronous orbit heights based on your settings? I, unfortunately, don't think I know the math required to do it myself. And please make Mac and Linux versions if it's an application.

I have no idea but I think both mac and linux can use dll files right? should work fine I think

what do you mean by "figures out" ?

do you just want the number or do you want to resize/rescale a system such as those orbits are rescaled in a specific way?

Edited by Sigma88

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I have no idea but I think both mac and linux can use dll files right? should work fine I think

what do you mean by "figures out" ?

do you just want the number or do you want to resize/rescale a system such as those orbits are rescaled in a specific way?

Basically a calculator that finds the sync. orbit altitudes based on your settings.

2 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Basically a calculator that finds the sync. orbit altitudes based on your settings.

a calculator might be outside my capabilities and probably outside the scope of this mod. but the math is pretty simple and getting a result is even simpler:

for a quick answer: go to wolfram alpha and search for "orbital period 6 hours, 1e21 kg"

if you replace "6 hours" and "1e21 kg" with the orbital period you want and the mass of the planet you are orbiting, you get the correct SMA at which to place your ship

The core functionality is working fine for me. The rescaled buildings took me by surprise initially, as I thought I had mucked it up with KSC so close to the beach at 6.4x! Figured out that I should have that on '1' and not '0' pretty quick, though.

I am not sure if it is designed/intended/able to deal with Kerbal Konstructs/Kerbin-Side, though, so I haven't brought that up before. Results have been mixed there, but I haven't had time for extensive testing. (Even at resize buildings = '0', things were a bit muddled as far as elements above/below terrain).

But yeah, no issues with KSC currently, all orbital type things working as per usual (so, quite nicely!)

Cheers