Cygnus launch Sunday(12-6-15)

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Why is it the time gets earlier each day? The Earths movement around the sun? 

I'm just guessing, but it's probably due to the ISS orbit period is not an exact multiple of one day. So when the launch site passes under the orbit path, ISS is in a different phase of its orbit, and they advance or delay a little to compensate. Again, I'm just guessing. Anybody know the real answer?

20 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

In the meantime, while we're waiting 24 hours for the launch, here's my version of the OA-4 launch, in KSP

Why Didn't you launch to 51.6 degree inclination, the ISS isn't at 0 degrees inclination, or even 28.6 like from KSC/CCAFS.

27 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Why Didn't you launch to 51.6 degree inclination, the ISS isn't at 0 degrees inclination, or even 28.6 like from KSC/CCAFS.

Huh. Never thought about launching to an inclined orbit. I was a bit lazy and I just wanted to press "D".

Go Atlas! Go Centaur! Go OA-4!

Favorable weather is currently 70%. Main concerns are ground winds and cumulus clouds. Everything is currently GO. We're about 30 minutes away from launch right now.

Edited by Delta_8930

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.