The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

6 minutes ago, HeronRocketry said:

Wait: What is Piper isn’t as hard as we thought she was and actually has a soft side and a kuppy-dog?

Piper is very, very, very heavily based on Susan Ivanova... all I'm sayin'  ;)

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Piper is very, very, very heavily based on Susan Ivanova... all I'm sayin'  ;)

Yes, so much yes. I did pick up on that.

Ivanova is one of my all time favorite characters. 

"no Boom?"

"no Boom."

"no Boom today. but boom tommorow. there's always a boom tommorow." 

"What? Somebody around has to have some damn perspective!"

also

"If I make it through this without completely losing my sanity, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions"
-Lieutenant Corwin "Well, there goes my faith in the almighty."

1 hour ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

"What? Somebody around has to have some damn perspective!"

also

"If I make it through this without completely losing my sanity, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions"
-Lieutenant Corwin "Well, there goes my faith in the almighty."

Actually my favorite Ivanova scene wasn't on the video earlier... 

This is my favorite:

19 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I did indeed. I guess I could put it up on KerbalX... hold on a sec...

In other news, I made another thing

screenshot23.png

Jaw drops.... Well, in other news, I'm going for the Chariot! I'm totally dead.

22 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I did indeed. I guess I could put it up on KerbalX... hold on a sec...

In other news, I made another thing

screenshot23.png

Very nice!

But one small detail, you need to spin the copula 90 degrees in either direction. The hatch is supposed to be over one of the docking port tubes, not the solar panel arrays.

Then the real fun part, taking it back apart, saving each section as a sub-assembly, and then putting it back together up in orbit.  :cool:

8 minutes ago, Lithobrake said:

How do you make good rings?

Got to find a nice and firm white onion, no bigger than 3" diameter (or 9 cm diameter). Carefully cut the ends off the onion and remove outer skin. Then cut into .3" (5 mm) slices through the onion to make rings. (In other words, cut parallel to the ends). Set aside.

In a large bowl, add 2 eggs, a teaspoon of baking powder, a tablespoon of corn meal, and 3/4 cup of flour. Mix well, add a teaspoon of milk (up to 3) at a time until thick batter forms. Add onion rings, separating the nested rings into the batter.

In a large pot, heat corn oil to 375°f (190.5°c). When hot, add a few battered rings at a time and cook until breading is golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.

And that's how you make the perfect ring.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Got to find a nice and firm white onion, no bigger than 3" diameter (or 9 cm diameter). Carefully cut the ends off the onion and remove outer skin. Then cut into .3" (5 mm) slices through the onion to make rings. (In other words, cut parallel to the ends). Set aside.

In a large bowl, add 2 eggs, a teaspoon of baking powder, a tablespoon of corn meal, and 3/4 cup of flour. Mix well, add a teaspoon of milk (up to 3) at a time until thick batter forms. Add onion rings, separating the nested rings into the batter.

In a large pot, heat corn oil to 375°f (190.5°c). When hot, add a few battered rings at a time and cook until breading is golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.

Please stop. The dad jokey-ness is getting to me.

17 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Saved for future reference. Might actually need to try. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Saved for future reference. Might actually need to try. Thanks!

If you like heat, you can add some powdered cayenne pepper to the batter... but don't add too much. I normally add 1/2 teaspoon. :D

35 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

And truth be told... I'm older than @adsii1970 is... :cool:

The old, flute-playin' hippie in the picture is me...

hehehe... Thanks, bro! we'll show those young whipper-snappers...!

Quick follow-up on the flute... I have guys here working on the roof right now, and it is kind of getting off topic, but later today or tomorrow I'll see if I can find one of the videos of me playing... Or grab one of my flutes and do a quick 30 second video in the backyard... that would be more fun. But again, I have to wait until the roof guys are gone

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

Does anybody else realize that’s not a flute?

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, as Jim said.  It's a flute.

@HeronRocketry You're probably thinking recorder, but there are some slight differences... I play the soprano and alto recorder pretty well, but probably couldn't do it on the flute.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

I play the soprano and alto recorder pretty well,

I didn't know people play those professionally. That's kinda cool.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Or grab one of my flutes and do a quick 30 second video in the backyard... that would be more fun.

Does Gramiko play the flute as well as the piano?

20 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I meant station rings, lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.