The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

23 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Let's make a table of Emiko Craft, Difficulty, Type, and Alliance.

Nice... all of you... This has been fun to watch.

But you're all missing the real biggie. 

Build a working Diamondback.  :cool:

rQNrlYN.jpg

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Build a working Diamondback.  :cool:

That a challenge? I'll do one better. I'll make one inspired by it... but better

55 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Let's make a table of Emiko Craft, Difficulty, Type, and Alliance.

Doodlebug 1 (Easy) RCS Saucer (RCS craft) None  
Saucer Mothership 2 (Easy-Medium) Rocket Thompberry Kerman  
Kraken Capture (capture of Harfield and Jandolin 3 (medium) Space Cruiser Thompberry Kerman  
Platypus 4 (Hard-Medium) Rover New KASA  
Emiko Shuttle 2 (Easy-Medium) Rocket Old KASA
Tower of Power 3.5 (Medium-Medium Hard, considering that it has embedded "Twitch"/"Spark" engines GroundBase Old KASA
Chariot 3 (medium) Interplanetary Rover Old KASA
First Launch 0 (Super Easy) Rocket What was the original club called, again?
T-rexasaurus 4 (Hard-Medium) None None
Emiko Station 6 (Super Hard)(unless you have a giant asteroid, and then you need to do the modules, etc.) Asteroid Space Station None

KPBS Lab 3 (Medium), launcher, 2 (Easy-Medium), payload/orbiter/lab Space Cruiser I Forget...

You forgot the Annabel Lee

21 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

done

What a coincidence! I'm done too!

The Diamondback II in an approximately 80x80 orbit around Kerbin.

4coCLhh.png

Top view

TS8W2XJ.png

Back view

kiK6QE7.png

Side view

K2UWawA.png

Download. The main differences as far as I can tell is that I got rid of the strategically placed radiators in favor of a decorative ring around the Whiplashes, a redesign of some of the back, landing gear upgrades, removal of canards (I personally didn't like them much.....), addition of aerospikes for more thrust and efficiency and a slight landing gear change. Oh and the addition of many parts. Might run worse. this brought to you by generous part clipping also landing is unknown whether to be successfful but testing shows as long as you make sure the cockpit doesn't explode it will be fine. Probably.

Edited by qzgy

3 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Ah, I see. Interesting...

wait, ram intakes, not nosecones... my bad. It's a trick for adding more air, especially in the upper atmo when it's thinning out, although it may already have more than enough intakes.

Edited by Just Jim

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

wait, ram intakes, not nosecones... my bad. It's a trick for adding more air, especially in the upper atmo when it's thinning out, although it may already have more than enough intakes.

I believe those were shock cone intakes, not ram air intakes. (The ram ones are slanted like on an F-14) But the number of intakes you had I think was already sufficient beforehand.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

I believe those were shock cone intakes, not ram air intakes. (The ram ones are slanted like on an F-14) But the number of intakes you had I think was already sufficient beforehand.

You're right... I'm trying to do three things at once, and getting everything befuddled... lmao... :confused:

30 minutes ago, HeronRocketry said:

New episode within the week?

You cannot resist the kuppy-dog eyes... :rolleyes:

I will try, but no promises. Something I can't talk about turned into something else I can't talk about, and took up most of last week. I don't mean to be enigmatic, I just promised to keep my mouth shut. :sealed: Maybe later I can explain more.

But I did get some shots done today... small spoiler: Werhner will be visiting the Kraken lord again... those shots are done. And some of the beginning of the chapter, including a couple green-screen shots. I also want to add an element of Backstory into the next chapter, and the Sims part is about 50% set up.

I don't know what will happen this week... Oh, except the roofers are coming Tuesday. But I doubt I'll have to do much but stay out of the way. I'll do what I can, when I can.

13 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

I think Mrcarrot already did that

I did indeed. I guess I could put it up on KerbalX... hold on a sec...

In other news, I made another thing

screenshot23.png