[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Are you trying to use this with 1.4.1? Please check the version that mods are compatible with before trying to use them.

I was using 1.4.2 and I already fixed the problem :wink:.

Hello, Andrew.

I've been working on an ametuer mod for a couple days. And im using OPM and Extrasolar planets for framework, and i've been struggling with Ocean planets and habitable worlds, basically anything with liquid. I could use some help. Love extrasolar though, great mod.

English is not my first language pardon my spelling.

Edited by F.Naktis
spelling

52 minutes ago, F.Naktis said:

Hello, Andrew.

I've been working on an ametuer mod for a couple days. And im using OPM and Extrasolar planets for framework, and i've been struggling with Ocean planets and habitable worlds, basically anything with liquid. I could use some help. Love extrasolar though, great mod.

English is not my first language pardon my spelling.

Could you send me the config file for the planet that's not working? Also, what about your planet isn't working?

2 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Could you send me the config file for the planet that's not working? Also, what about your planet isn't working?

I've attempted to use Tekto and Fust for framework, and using tutorial instructions i wanted to make them completely covered in water using the heightmapoffset line, after that failed i made a all black image on GIMP, which is was told would make everything water. And used it on the Tekto framework, but it still hasn't worked. How should i go about sending you the config file.

23 minutes ago, F.Naktis said:

I've attempted to use Tekto and Fust for framework, and using tutorial instructions i wanted to make them completely covered in water using the heightmapoffset line, after that failed i made a all black image on GIMP, which is was told would make everything water. And used it on the Tekto framework, but it still hasn't worked. How should i go about sending you the config file.

Just use Dropbox. Also, make sure you are using the right version of KSP, Kopernicus, etc.

7 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Just use Dropbox. Also, make sure you are using the right version of KSP, Kopernicus, etc.

There's not anything wrong with ksp or kopernicus, if there was the game wouldn't load, but it does.

Dropbox name please?

15 hours ago, F.Naktis said:

There's not anything wrong with ksp or kopernicus, if there was the game wouldn't load, but it does.

Dropbox name please?

I'm just saying to make sure that you are using the right version of kopernicus that is compatible with whatever version of KSP you are using.

15 hours ago, F.Naktis said:

Not certain but the problem might be the fact that it's not a png or dds, could you verify?

What image format are you using?

Just now, F.Naktis said:

I just tried a png now, same result, Tekto looks unedited

Did you got to the surface of the planet? If all you edited was the heightmap, you aren't going to see any difference from orbit.

1 minute ago, F.Naktis said:

I'll try but i'd think the differenced would be noticable, i practically doubled the amount of liquid.

That doesn't actually change how the planet would look from orbit. How the planet looks like from orbit is determined by the color and normal maps. Collectively, these two maps form what is called the "scaled space." The heightmap and color map determine how the planet looks on the surface. Any ocean you add to a planet is only seen once you get close enough to the planet.

2 minutes ago, F.Naktis said:

Alright new strategy, so i used GIMP to color the height map for use as a color and normal map, but turned from png to xcf, and didn't work in game.

In gimp, you need to hit "export as" not "save as."

Hi AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures,

So I was trying to DL Extrasolar and ran into a problem. It seems the Spacedock version 1.7 link has a different version then the Github Extrasolar 1.7 link.  Just confirm it today with fresh downloads.

The SpaceDock files are all dated 2018-04-09 and the Github ones are all 2017-09-18. The file structures of both version are very different but state it is 1.7. 

I happen to have both version downloaded and installed into two different builds of my KSP. I was wondering why I was remembering files in different spots. Since it leads into my next issue. 

I wanted to let you know that CTTP updated to 1.0.3, it is moving the textures listed below from GameData/CTTP/Textures  to  GameData/CTTP/Textures/PluginData. 

beach.dds, beach_normal.dds, cliff.dds, cliff_normal.dds, cracked.dds, cracked_normal.dds, gravel.dds, gravel_normal.dds, ice.dds, ice_normal.dds, rock.dds, rock_normal.dds, sand.dds, sand_normal.dds, snow.dds, snow_normal.dds

As you can see, in the SpaceDock version. You have a CTTP folder and your configs use these files.

For example Serex.cfg

lowTex = CTTP/Textures/cracked
                lowTexScale = 1,1
                lowTexOffset = 0,0
                lowBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cracked_normal
                lowBumpMapScale = 1,1
                lowBumpMapOffset = 0,0
                lowNearTiling = 200
                lowMultiFactor = 7
                lowBumpNearTiling = 200
                lowBumpFarTiling = 7
                midTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
                midTexScale = 1,1
                midTexOffset = 0,0
                midBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/gravel_normal
                midBumpMapScale = 1,1
                midBumpMapOffset = 0,0
                midNearTiling = 200
                midMultiFactor = 7
                midBumpNearTiling = 200
                midBumpFarTiling = 7
                highTex = CTTP/Textures/gravel
                highTexScale = 1,1
                highTexOffset = 0,0
                highBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/gravel_normal

These config paths in your files will need to be changed and the pertaining dds files deleted from your CTTP folder.  In Order to keep from loading these textures twice and increasing Extrasolars memory footprint.

See the link for the github ticket that PoodMund, the author of CTTP, confirmed the change.     CTTP change

I did download and confirm that CTTP 1.0.3 has made this update.

On one last note, have you thought of submitting your textures to CTTP, it looks like they take community textures, I don't see yours in it, and they do look nice.

@Barar The version on GitHub is outdated. You need to follow the GitHub link on the OP in order to get version 1.7. I'm aware of the CTTP update by the way. I'm pretty sure all of my terrain textures are from CTTP and SVT, so I don't actually have anything to contribute to CTTP.

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Community Terrain Texture Pack has updated (https://github.com/Galileo88/Community-Terrain-Texture-Pack/releases/tag/1.0.3) and the directory structure has changed which means, unfortunately, you will be required to change the terrain texture paths in your configs. The texture paths have changed from:

• GameData/CTTP/Textures/

to

• GameData/CTTP/Textures/PluginData

The change has been made to ensure further extensibility within the mod and to ensure that Kopernicus does not cache any textures twice that are not specified with a filename extension in a body config. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

EDIT: I know you have discussed this above but just wanted to post in person to make sure you were aware and to say sorry for being a pain. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

18 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Community Terrain Texture Pack has updated (https://github.com/Galileo88/Community-Terrain-Texture-Pack/releases/tag/1.0.3) and the directory structure has changed which means, unfortunately, you will be required to change the terrain texture paths in your configs. The texture paths have changed from:

• GameData/CTTP/Textures/

to

• GameData/CTTP/Textures/PluginData

The change has been made to ensure further extensibility within the mod and to ensure that Kopernicus does not cache any textures twice that are not specified with a filename extension in a body config. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

EDIT: I know you have discussed this above but just wanted to post in person to make sure you were aware and to say sorry for being a pain. :D 

Yup I changed that in the latest release.