[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

Hiyas, just reporting something I experience (yes I have noticed the WIP flag in the thread title)

ContractPack Field Research gives me a mission which might never be completable.

9ho8DTb.png

.. or I am missing something. If so, plz tell me how to complete that, ty :)

4 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

Hiyas, just reporting something I experience (yes I have noticed the WIP flag in the thread title)

ContractPack Field Research gives me a mission which might never be completable.

.. or I am missing something. If so, plz tell me how to complete that, ty :)

I don't think "Visual Observation" is one of my experiments.

Just now, akron said:

I don't think "Visual Observation" is one of my experiments.

the CA-ROTFL Orbital Telescope (ca_telescope_a) has following actions:

experimentActionName = Log Visual Observations
resetActionName = Discard Observations

I'm unsure but it looks connected .. otherwise .. how I can track down the specific mission specifics or parts that has this science?

2 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

the CA-ROTFL Orbital Telescope (ca_telescope_a) has following actions:

experimentActionName = Log Visual Observations
resetActionName = Discard Observations

I'm unsure but it looks connected .. otherwise .. how I can track down the specific mission specifics or parts that has this science?

Your savefile persistance file may have the contract-specific experiment. I am not sure why that triggered, if it is the ROTFL telescope, because it has an experiment mask of 48 (orbital afaik)

Just now, akron said:

Your savefile persistance file may have the contract-specific experiment. I am not sure why that triggered, if it is the ROTFL telescope, because it has an experiment mask of 48 (orbital afaik)

ahhh k ..so t might just never be on ground, I see!

I think I just found out .. it's one of the StationParts Expansion parts. TBH it is very confusing while having the telescope similar entitled science :D

ty for helping me sorting that out! BTW awesome parts, gives me ALOT to do ... even in KSP 1.4.1!

9 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

ahhh k ..so t might just never be on ground, I see!

I think I just found out .. it's one of the StationParts Expansion parts. TBH it is very confusing while having the telescope similar entitled science :D

ty for helping me sorting that out! BTW awesome parts, gives me ALOT to do ... even in KSP 1.4.1!

Nice! Glad you got it and like the parts

Beautiful mod! Kinda overwhelming in a good way! I really love the detail, like including mechjeb(nice touch) different textures for some of the parts. Foil covers and so on................................... Now i have to redesign my satellites. Donation coming soon, Ive donated so much this month already :(, Ill have to wait until next month...................................Sorry

EDIT: Small part of donation sent---------------------------------------------------------------------->paypal

Edited by viperwolf

18 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

managed to get voyager to actually transmit science data finally. rebuilt from the ground up, as the prebuilt craft had some kind of issue going on.

This is odd. I'll keep it in mind whenever I re-do the sample crafts.

10 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Beautiful mod! Kinda overwhelming in a good way! I really love the detail, like including mechjeb(nice touch) different textures for some of the parts. Foil covers and so on................................... Now i have to redesign my satellites. Donation coming soon, Ive donated so much this month already :(, Ill have to wait until next month...................................Sorry

Thank you very much for your donation! Very happy to hear you are enjoying the parts. Let me know if you spot any issues

I wanted to know if there was a patch that added avionic weight limits for those playing RP-0 so we can actually use the probe bodies. I don't know if this topic has been addressed yet but it wasn't in your FAQ so I assumed it hasn't yet.

On 3/18/2018 at 1:28 AM, Jesse-Lacey said:

Is this mod fully compatible with 1.4.1 at the moment? Or should I wait for the next release? Looks really nice.

It looks as if it does. Still testing but there is a Firespitter for KSP 1.4 and DMagic's animate module appears to still work as well. There will be an update for the mod, for sure, if you want to wait. 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:48 AM, Beeegs~ said:

I wanted to know if there was a patch that added avionic weight limits for those playing RP-0 so we can actually use the probe bodies. I don't know if this topic has been addressed yet but it wasn't in your FAQ so I assumed it hasn't yet.

I actually do not know. Realism Overhaul patches are done by the RO team. I would ask in the RP-0 thread as I am unfamiliar with the part configurations for either RO or RP-0.

Work on Viking has started. I do still need to do more testing in 1.4.1 for patch ahead of Viking's release. If you do have feedback and if anything no longer works, let me know.

Edited by akron

On 3/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Jesse-Lacey said:

Is this mod fully compatible with 1.4.1 at the moment? Or should I wait for the next release? Looks really nice.

It seems to work and its great, like i said earlier. Kinda overwhelming in a good way, bc you can build some crazy satellites. Or use the really nice prefabbed ones.

Thanks guys. I installed it, everything seems to be working so far, I thought 1.4.1 would break more mods. It's certainly a bit overwhelming, I haven't tried the premade designs yet perhaps I should do that. I do like that it keeps it's science experiments separate from the stock games rather than replacing them, and the alternative skins are nice for DMagic's Orbital Science.

@viperwolf@Jesse-Lacey I can definitely see how it can be a bit overwhelming. Let me know if I can help answer any questions or give you some ideas. If you play career at all or science mode, you'll unlock parts at a slower pace an it is more manageable to get used to them.

I am probably going to do a showcase video after I get through these next few project parts. I think it's probably due to help new players

29 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

quite the EC budget there :D:wink:

Yup. Kinda have to since solar panels are woefully inadequate at that distance to recharge to batteries in just the fly-by. Specially the early tech ones I used there

55 minutes ago, akron said:

Yup. Kinda have to since solar panels are woefully inadequate at that distance to recharge to batteries in just the fly-by. Specially the early tech ones I used there

hah, you took that backwards :) I didn't mean you're carrying a lot of batteries I meant that you're not going to have a lot of power from the sun so I guess maybe shoulda said "quite the tight EC budget there" :wink: