[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

1 hour ago, viperwolf said:

@akron If i may

I would like to use your AACS Advanced Attitude Control System for a mechjeb case. Basically take all the guts out of the MJ case a put them into the AACS case. I like that little case for that purpose, but I also want to keep the Original aswell. Its for my personal use only, and Ive done this in the past with another part. However, your parts are set up way different than what im use to.

Sure. Go for it. I'm just not sure what you need from me. Also. Fyi I already have mechjeb and Engineer enabled on that part. I'm assuming you need it setup differently. 

1 minute ago, akron said:

Sure. Go for it. I'm just not sure what you need from me. Also. Fyi I already have mechjeb and Engineer enabled on that part. I'm assuming you need it setup differently. 

Thank you, but i cant find all the files i need to go along with it. I cannot get it to show up for anything when i make the change.

3 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Thank you, but i cant find all the files i need to go along with it. I cannot get it to show up for anything when i make the change.

I would just copy the cfg and change the part name. It will still reference the part in my mod and you can then make whatever changes you want. What is it you're trying to do that the mechJeb config does not already? Just curious

13 minutes ago, akron said:

I would just copy the cfg and change the part name. It will still reference the part in my mod and you can then make whatever changes you want. What is it you're trying to do that the mechJeb config does not already? Just curious

Im trying to use it to test some of my stock set ups without any mods installed, just mechjeb. Thats why I need the actual file locations/names that use the AACS.

1 minute ago, viperwolf said:

Im trying to use it to test some of my stock set ups without any mods installed, just mechjeb. Thats why I need the actual file locations/names that use the AACS.

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/aacs.mu

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/probes_a_D.dds

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Control/aacs.cfg

1 minute ago, akron said:

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/aacs.mu

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Assets/probes_a_D.dds

Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Control/aacs.cfg

Thank you, I appreciate it. I guess mechjeb will never update the case lol

22 hours ago, gaooo said:

Sorry if this question was already asked, but are there any parts modeled after any of the Mars rovers?

Like @Cheesecake mentioned, no, not yet. Viking is coming on the next update, and I don't think I can avoid rover parts for much longer after that.

By the way, welcome to Forums!

I've started meddling again with the mod files. I hope to fix those rcs and get some other issues solved starting this week. Look out for random Github pushes if you wanna test. I just fixed the disappearing Draco and TexturesUnlimited compatibility. More to come

@akron I'm not sure what this is about:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Electrical/sp_juno_mag/sp_juno_mag'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Meridiani/_Draco/ca_draco'

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Meridiani/draco_parachute/ca_draco_parachute'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Coatl Aerospace/ProbesPlus/Parts/Meridiani/_Meridiani/meridiani'

Module KSPTextureSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPTextureSwitch.initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPTextureSwitch.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Gordon Dry

18 hours ago, Hafym said:

Hi. I can not find the details for the descent vehicle of Huygens, as in these photos. How to solve this problem?

Welcome to the Forum. Try this, go the the Github page (LINK) and download the latest repository. Instructions are on that page. Install that update and let me know if it fixes the issue

@Gordon Dry I just had that happen to me in my new 1.4.2 test install. KSP's texture referencing is absolute crap. I'll either not be able to save you guys some RAM (by using duplicate files) or simply reduce model quality. I'll probably just reduce detail on the Juno magnetometer because it's not that critical.

It's 2018, things should just work :P 

18 minutes ago, mercaholic75 said:

I think the drop box link is just outdated. I think I got it working now.

It works in 1.4.x with some know issues mostly with the newer, more complex parts and the RCS effects (Which affected all mods using the old module, not just mine)

The Github repository will always have the latest WIP version if you want to try the latest release. I posted the link up in the page. As @LatiMacciato said, it is a work in progress. the Github repository always has the latest.

2 hours ago, Hafym said:

I installed everything like you said, but the details for Huygens did not appear.:( Maybe I'm looking bad? how do these details look on the menu?

What exactly do you mean the "details" ?