Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

3 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

While it is true that that particular coach is full, check the one five coaches behind it. It's identical.

Yup, found it!   May I *hic* buy you a drink?  In fact, *hic*, a round of drinks for all in this fair coach, on me!

1 hour ago, justidutch said:

Yup, found it!   May I *hic* buy you a drink?  In fact, *hic*, a round of drinks for all in this fair coach, on me!

I will!! After that, let's fire an organge tank with 8 boosters attached radially.  Can't seem to find a match to light it, anybody got some fire ?? 

So... uhhh...  other than talk of trains and tickets... Umm... Does anything actually happen in here?

<train with various boosters and hysterical kerbals strapped to the roof flies by>

Hmmm...

<shakes head in bewilderment>

I will just wait over here...

I'm feeling such hype, myself.  So many fixes, neat new features, the vastly simplified editor (no longer several separate scenes) implies soon building a large craft won't involve dueling the dang software.  Broken mods will recover in short order, as modders often are quick.  Such hype.  Hypesplosion:

disaster.png

4 hours ago, Archgeek said:

I'm feeling such hype, myself.  So many fixes, neat new features, the vastly simplified editor (no longer several separate scenes) implies soon building a large craft won't involve dueling the dang software.  Broken mods will recover in short order, as modders often are quick.  Such hype.  Hypesplosion:

Er wat?  What's this bit about the editor?

2 hours ago, Renegrade said:

Er wat?  What's this bit about the editor?

A devnotes from a  bit ago indicated that the current editor (both VAB and SPH) is comprised of like 5 competing scenes in unity, all fighting for control of the cursor, the focus, and ownership of various assets.  This lead to stuff like annoying click-through, and the insane bug that cropped up when one clicked-thru the staging diagram to the exit button (KSC camera spawned low to the ground pointing in an odd direction and was completely unresponsive).  It's also responsible for an amount of the editor's rampant squirreliness, like parts left floating about after undoing or struts/fuel lines sometimes deciding not to be attached anymore.

The big rebuild for U5 should bring that down to just one scene, unless it was two, I don't quite remember.

3 hours ago, Archgeek said:

A devnotes from a  bit ago indicated that the current editor (both VAB and SPH) is comprised of like 5 competing scenes in unity, all fighting for control of the cursor, the focus, and ownership of various assets.  This lead to stuff like annoying click-through, and the insane bug that cropped up when one clicked-thru the staging diagram to the exit button (KSC camera spawned low to the ground pointing in an odd direction and was completely unresponsive).  It's also responsible for an amount of the editor's rampant squirreliness, like parts left floating about after undoing or struts/fuel lines sometimes deciding not to be attached anymore.

The big rebuild for U5 should bring that down to just one scene, unless it was two, I don't quite remember.

Sounds nice. These issues were kinda annoying when you build complex stuff. Always afraid it might break my craft.^^'

@GregroxMun If you wish, you can add an additional 1.1 feature to the OP.  Yesterday on the Squadcast it was confirmed that three of the Asteroid Day mod parts will be in 1.1.  The large gold-colored probe core, the large static solar panel, and the deployable comms dish will be added.  The telescope piece and associated asteroid detection functionality will not be included.

7 hours ago, Archgeek said:

Ah, yes, I recall that now.  I'm definitely on board for fewer clickthrough issues and bugs and such.  That improves my hype a bit, thanks!

2 hours ago, Generic said:

It has already entered testing, we're very probably getting it in the next weeks. :)

If we were to go by the experimentals announcement, it would have launched at the beginning of this week... Guess there is more to finish than they thought...

On a side note, I've been hyped for x64 since it was announced as a possibility a looooong time ago... I've literally stopped playing for more than a year for lack of this particular feature.

Edited by SpacedInvader

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

If we were to go by the experimentals announcement, it would have launched at the beginning of this week... Guess there is more to finish than they thought...

However, the mere fact that they expected the beginning of this week and that they have said the only thing keeping them is a couple very obvious bugs that they don't want to get a million reports for means that it could be REALLY DAMN SOON. And, most predictions including some things implied by the devs mean that it would probably be coming around the end of Q1 2016, i.e the beggining of april, so since the prerelease will run for exactly two weeks, fourteen days, if it came out on saturday or sunday it would be officially released at around the first or second of april (And it would be especially good because they could add a special april fools prank into it :D)

It could be super soon.