Update 1.1 enters experimental testing

KasperVld

Hi all.

Just a quick question. Maybe have been answered already but I 've not seen it or not understood the answer. Will the new update fix the maneuver node jumping? The one caused by the system trying to track all the parts of a ship on their own orbital path.

11 minutes ago, Avatarium said:

Hi all.

Just a quick question. Maybe have been answered already but I 've not seen it or not understood the answer. Will the new update fix the maneuver node jumping? The one caused by the system trying to track all the parts of a ship on their own orbital path.

I wouldn't bet on everything working fine, but the whole UI, including the map view had to be rewritten, it's supposed to be more reliable.

As for the jumping, that's caused by a shifting center of mass. I don't think that's gonna be entirely fixed. You might want to try the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod, that will at least somewhat countering the issue by making your ships more robust.

5 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I wouldn't bet on everything working fine, but the whole UI, including the map view had to be rewritten, it's supposed to be more reliable.

As for the jumping, that's caused by a shifting center of mass. I don't think that's gonna be entirely fixed. You might want to try the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod, that will at least somewhat countering the issue by making your ships more robust.

Thank you Temeter. I'll go have a look see at the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod.

Are 1.0.5 saves compatible with 1.1 or is a career restart require ?
Is there anything done for the mobile processing lab and science income ? Do I actually need to earn the science or does it come for free like in 1.0.5 ?

2 hours ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

1.1 will automatically update saves from previous versions. You don't have to say goodbye to your career! :D

Although I would highly recommend to exchange your current Steam install folder - IF you are going to opt in - to a safe place as Steam won't likely install into a separate folder. I wouldn't take the risk of porting it into a dev version which might get quite the changes to it during the testing phase. Just to be sure :)  

5 hours ago, Theysen said:

Although I would highly recommend to exchange your current Steam install folder - IF you are going to opt in - to a safe place as Steam won't likely install into a separate folder. I wouldn't take the risk of porting it into a dev version which might get quite the changes to it during the testing phase. Just to be sure :)  

Tbh, you NEVER should just play in the steam install folder. Always better to update only when you now it works, not that some hotfix just kills half your fleet. Steams updating system is not very good.

9 hours ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

1.1 will automatically update saves from previous versions. You don't have to say goodbye to your career! :D

I don't think I could go on with my current save. At least not in highly modded installs.

But I am willing to start all over again. I think it pays the effort

Personally, I plan on 1.1 being the last time I ever say "goodbye" to my save. Ever. It's going to be one big, happy universe from now on.

Especially if anyone could tell me a way I can have one save file link between two (or more) computers, in a way I can just say "Sync to cloud" and "Sync from cloud." Is that a thing?

14 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Personally, I plan on 1.1 being the last time I ever say "goodbye" to my save. Ever. It's going to be one big, happy universe from now on.

Especially if anyone could tell me a way I can have one save file link between two (or more) computers, in a way I can just say "Sync to cloud" and "Sync from cloud." Is that a thing?

Maybe, but I don't think it's easy. The one thing I can think is to use symlinks to direct the KSP save game folder to your dropbox folder. That way, KSP "thinks" it's saving to KSP/savegames while dropbox is actually syncing in the background.

Keep in mind KAC backup saves can make that folder grow a lot, so it can chew up a lot of your dropbox space.

Then again, maybe there is some cloud service that allows you to automatically put in the cloud any particular folder, but if that exists, I don't know which one is it.

3 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Maybe, but I don't think it's easy. The one thing I can think is to use symlinks to direct the KSP save game folder to your dropbox folder. That way, KSP "thinks" it's saving to KSP/savegames while dropbox is actually syncing in the background.

Keep in mind KAC backup saves can make that folder grow a lot, so it can chew up a lot of your dropbox space.

Then again, maybe there is some cloud service that allows you to automatically put in the cloud any particular folder, but if that exists, I don't know which one is it.

Google drive may be?  there is a drive folder that auto syncs when you place files there, 15 GB of space so plenty of room for KSP saves.  I think you can tell it what folders to sync.

Edited by mcirish3

3 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Can confirm that KSP does not like symlinks. I got "corrupted save" messages when I tried this.

[snip]

Lol....indeed, (I was going to say something similar but you got to it before I could), especially if you bought it recently. I don't know about those who bought it before they ended that option, a few years ago I believe, but I was pretty sure someone from Squad, who would know these things, posted saying that it wasn't an option any more, it was a limited time thing, and was always non-reversible too.

1 hour ago, Kerbuvim said:

How about PS4 public beta?

Public beta is ONLY for Steam, no amount of wishing, hoping and pleading will do.

I'm not aware of the dev cycle for the console versions, so I can't even say when the full version will be released for any of the consoles, but as you may or may not be aware, about 2 weeks after the public beta (on Steam), the full, tested version of 1.1 should be available to all, on PC/mac, through all platforms, the Store, Steam, and Gog or whatever its called/others that I may have missed.

1 minute ago, KerbalSaver said:

Honestly, even if we had the decoder ring, the message would probably end up being something about drinking more Ovaltine.

C'est de la dynamite.

On 3/10/2016 at 4:38 AM, Navy2k said:

Soontm

By Court order from Valve, Inc. You are hereby notified to cease and desist using their trademarked time frame notification.

This cannot be done as we have tied this particular instance to HL-3.

That is all.

Edited by RW-1

On 10.03.2016 at 6:12 PM, KerbonautInTraining said:

ONLY if you play in stock. Most mods will be ruined by release, as always.

1 minute ago, Dr. Jet said:

Sure, but I'd imagine it wouldn't nuke saves that use simple part mods (as most people do) because the parts in those mods will have to be updated in exactly the same way as stock parts. 

So yeah, you'd have to wait until the mod is updated but other than that you should be OK.

6 hours ago, RW-1 said:

By Court order from Valve, Inc. You are hereby notified to cease and desist using their trademarked time frame notification.

This cannot be done as we have tied this particular instance to HL-3.

That is all.

I hereby claim prior use because I used soontm already in 1995 when my english teacher asked me when he is geting my homework.

3 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

The savegame update funktionality is extended to mods and modcreators can use it to update their parts too. So it depends on the modchreator.

Greetings

Ben

Edited by Navy2k