Which games are you playing apart from KSP?

VITAS

On 3/9/2016 at 7:13 PM, SinBad said:

I just tried out factorio. I only meant to play for an hour...  now its 2am and im wondering were the last 6 hours went.

Hehh, same here. I thought it's a sisyphean, boring~ish looking pointless game... and in the next moment I have screens full of a chaotic contraption that works against all odds. And I wake up with the desire to build even more of the same.

8cc0206dd8cc6d953729eee07fc43770.gif

(that's not mine. I'm nowhere near that tidy)
(poke me if you're up for multiplayer in the ~GMT area)

Edited by Evanitis

Only game I play next to KSP these days is a bit of Ori And The Blind Forest. Amazing 2D Jump&Run, got aware of it because Kasper or some KSP Dev mentioned it in the context of some award thing. There is an extended version coming out tomorrow too!

OMG, I might be taking a break from KSP.

I have fond memories of playing X-Wing and Tie-fighter as a student (as I suspect do a fair few others here of a similar age), and have often wondered if they'd seem as good if I could get them to run on a modern machine.

Well I no longer need to wonder, Humble Bundle have a huge pile of star wars games in this weeks bundle.  I might have to see about taking a couple of weeks off over Easter and will need to check if my joystick still works

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars

Up until a month or so ago, when I started playing KSP again, I was playing Pillars of Eternity.  Before that, Fallout 4.  Before that, Dragon Age - Inquisition.  Before that, a heavily modded (pushing the 255 mod limit) Skyrim.

Still need to finish: FO4, PoE, DA-I (+DLC), The Witcher 2, Pharoah with the Cleopatra Expansion, Morrowind (+ expansions), Oblivion (+ expansions), Dishonored.

Need to start: The Witcher 3, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, Fallout New Vegas (+DLC), Fallout 3's DLC

Anticipating: Deus Ex - Mankind Divided, Torment - Tides of Numenera, KSP 1.1

Need to start my play-once-per-year-since-original-release sometime this year: The original Deus Ex

(sigh) I used to have so much more time...

Edited by MaxxQ

On March 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM, regex said:

Started up vanilla Minecraft since 1.9 hit, pretty cool and surprisingly deep, haven't really played vanilla so intensively since like, 1.5 beta and have been playing TerraFirmaCraft pretty steadily in between.

Ah, another person who has played TFC! I'm terrible at it but I have a copper pickaxe! After about 3 or 4 in game days. Also I've been playing vanilla minecraft with my friends recently because 1.9 hit, and it's fun with 2 other people. I also play Counter-Strike and Insurgency. Which is fun with an M249/HP Ammo, because it's overpowered. reloading... reloading is for the weak

Edited by legoclone09

For the past several months, I've done an odd thing for me: I've played more than one game!
In fact, I've played several!

They are:

Space Engineers, of course.

Aurora 4X, the first game that got me playing until 4 in the morning for the first week.

From the Depths, a game that hasn't quite clicked for me yet. But I've not even put thirty hours into it yet, so that's not suprising.

And, once every few months, I load up one of the latest hot Minecraft mod packs and play them for a few nights.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Planetside 2. I'm not very good at it (and won't be for a while, thanks to the grind) but there is NOTHING like watching a battle with 120 people in tanks, fighters, and stuff going at each other. Puts SW:Battlefront to shame, really.

I've also been playing some Rocket League, just when I have a spare 20min as opposed to the 1.5hr+ stretches where I can zone out and shoot things.

I'm playing a lot of Garry's Mod with friends at the moment. Didn't help that yesterday my internet had a senior moment, with the ping reaching 900(!). Aside from that, Europa Universalis IV, GTA V, CSGO, sometimes a bit of Skyrim. Recently I picked up MW2, and it will probably screw up my aiming on GO forever.

Currently: MineCraft again after a long hiatus, thanks to update 1.9.

and Dead Space 2. I found this one second-hand for €1, and it still works/looks like new! Ocasionally gives me "cheap" jump-scares too!

I try to minimize the amount of different games I play lately, maybe I'll finally finish some games this way...

Apart from KSP naturally, I've been playing Pulsar, the lost colony after hearing about it on the #KSPOfficial IRC channel.

It's a 5 player co-op Star Trek style game made by two people, If you like Star Trek and need a break from Realism™ check it out.

Other than that I finally completed Space pirates and Zombies (Looking forwards to SPAZ 2), played Technobabylon from Wadjet eye games, and started playing Tales from the Borderlands.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.