The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

... when you have a dream of a Boeing 737 diving vertically into the ground in front of your house... or maybe that's the sign of them flying over the city at low altitudes becoming a bit too annoying, especially in some weather conditions when you hear them too good.

(the airport is on the other edge of the city with the runway aligned along the edge, and they sometimes are really flying all the way around like that. Other times they descend to such altitude only during the turn that aligns them with the runway)

On 28/01/2016 at 9:17 PM, katateochi said:

ooooo, shiney! pitty about the price tag or I'd be getting one too!

It takes a bit of getting used to and you have to turn down the sensitivity... but once you get used to it... IT'S AWESOME.

I got the wireless version so no wires either.... except when recharging. Cool thing is I saw it in use on the Expanse (SyFi space opera series) along with the HOTAS Warthog which I also have... Crazy thing is I have enough hardware now to make my own damned spacecraft simulator (which I keep thinking of doing for KSP, Orbiter and Elite Dangerous). I bought a whole load of extra hardware, buttons and switches and stuff that would let me make up my own sim but then I started work on making it modular so that I could remove panels and plug in other ones for different games... even turning it into an A10 sim for DCS world... but I keep getting sidetracked. I even got some custom built pedals made...

cd02fa432e14f448e535b00e8ce75090_zps9be3

This year.... I WILL get this sim done.

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

nice! Now you've said this you have to get your sim built and post pics of it here.  Or you'll be letting us down! ;)

LOL.... I keep saving up to get a CNC machine and then end up spending it on other things. One of my "on hold" projects is my real FDAI (Flight Director Attitude Indicator) for use with KSP which I am determined to complete once I get a CNC machine (parts need to be accurate you see).

Just now, CliftonM said:

When every Tuesday, you sit there, refreshing The Daily Kerbal, waiting for the devnotes...

That's what I'm doing. Also checking twitter and tumblr for early access to the devnotes.

Edited by JedTech

11 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

When every Tuesday, you sit there, refreshing The Daily Kerbal, waiting for the devnotes...

You're *refresh* doing *refresh* that *refresh* *refresh* too? *refresh* I *refresh* can't wait *refresh* for Devnote *refresh* Tuesday!

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:46 PM, lodger said:

... you just found this in a recent space.com article and immediately thought: boy, which mod is that?

esa-moon-awakens-video-still-2016.jpg?14

When someone posts a picture like this and you immediately start to think about how you'd set up that lifting arrangement with Infernal Robotics 

When you nip on to KSP just to try something and you start fiddling with your rocket build... and then 10 hours later you still haven't reached orbit because of OCD meaning you just have to tweak this or reduce the fuel load or chance the flight patch or... or... oooh, I wonder if I can get a better ISP if I reduce the size of the tank by 3mm.

I like using smart parts and MechJeb to see if I can setup a complete launch and rendezvous without doing anything (namely for ressupply missions to my space station). I even tried making it dock but ended up ramming my space station and blowing everything up. Ooops!

19 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

When you don't understand the arguing about 30 FPS vs 60 FPS.
Because 8 FPS is good for your average large medium craft.

Wait, medium crafts? I get 8fps with 24 parts!

43 minutes ago, Nothalogh said:

I was recently explaining to someone how a particular politician lacked sufficien dv to get into the office said politician was running for, and would likely burn back into the atmosphere

Was that politician Hilary Clinton? SATIRE!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.