[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

4 hours ago, Jake_gg said:

Whenever I try to make the guppy and my plane fight. My plane will fire its guns once and then just give up. It spends the rest of the fight running from the guppy until it gets shot down. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

I'm having the same problem with this battle I am TrYING to set up.  My planes won't fire...the other ones fire normally though.  I'll figure it out later.

I suggest to do a sanity check. Remove your guns drop a standard .50 cal and standard .50 cal  on a part that you are sure that has 0º angle, try again. If that works then you are doing something wrong, maybe a mismatch gun/type ammo. Or your guns don't have a perfect 0º angle.

Edited by jrodriguez

@draconiator: I've occasionally come across a glitch where after running a number of battles without issue, the guns suddenly and without explanation stop working. The easy way to test for this is if you disable guard mode and select the weapon, can you manually fire it? If you can't, you'll have to restart KSP to reset BDA.

41 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@draconiator: I've occasionally come across a glitch where after running a number of battles without issue, the guns suddenly and without explanation stop working. The easy way to test for this is if you disable guard mode and select the weapon, can you manually fire it? If you can't, you'll have to restart KSP to reset BDA.

The weapons are designed to "jam" occasionally, I believe.

They seem to be behaving well now, except for the Competition Mode staying stuck on "Pilots Are Taking Off" for some reason.  No worries, I will manually do it and start when they are far enough away from each other.

29 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

They seem to be behaving well now, except for the Competition Mode staying stuck on "Pilots Are Taking Off" for some reason.  No worries, I will manually do it and start when they are far enough away from each other.

See below for your answer to competition mode staying stuck on "Pilots Are Taking Off" ... you have to add a couple lines to the AI antenna config file

@The Optimist: AA weapons will overheat if fired too long, and need a cool down period before they can be fired again.The glitch I encountered was NRE spam and total loss of functionality when the AI tried to start firing the guns at the beginning of an engagement.

52 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

See below for your answer to competition mode staying stuck on "Pilots Are Taking Off" ... you have to add a couple lines to the AI antenna config file

Yep, that fixed it, I had to mess with the syntax a bit, but it works with the following:

MODULE
{
  name = ModuleWingCommander
}

Good thing - I can now record within the rules.  Bad thing...I have to record it all over again heh

On June 5, 2016 at 2:30 PM, jrodriguez said:

I suggest to do a sanity check. Remove your guns drop a standard .50 cal and standard .50 cal  on a part that you are sure that has 0º angle, try again. If that works then you are doing something wrong, maybe a mismatch gun/type ammo. Or your guns don't have a perfect 0º angle.

Ok I'm trying that, but the plane actually does fire its guns once in the battle. The problem is that the plane is refusing to try to maneuver behind an opponent to get a shot in. It only seems that it goes in head on fights. (there is no problem with maneuverability)

Uhh.....I have a plane that flies great manually but when in AI mode it flips upside down and stays that way during a one on one battle and slowly crashed into the water. Has anybody else run into this?

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

Uhh.....I have a plane that flies great manually but when in AI mode it flips upside down and stays that way during a one on one battle and slowly crashed into the water. Has anybody else run into this?

Yeah I have

Okay SECOND MATCH, Me vs SuicidalInsanity.  Fraps sometimes messed with the framerate, and stopping and restarting the recording real fast fixed it, causing tiny gaps in the action, you probably won't notice them unless you are really looking for them, except for the first time it hapenned.  but what is GOING to happen in here?  NO SPOILERS!!

41 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Okay SECOND MATCH, Me vs SuicidalInsanity.  Fraps sometimes messed with the framerate, and stopping and restarting the recording real fast fixed it, causing tiny gaps in the action, you probably won't notice them unless you are really looking for them, except for the first time it hapenned.  but what is GOING to happen in here?  NO SPOILERS!!

Nice! Well done @Draconiator . Looking forward to fight against you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.