Devnote Tuesday: Moving Forward, Moving On

KasperVld

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

Jesus (Chuchito) makes a return in the devnotes: he’s been working on getting the patcher working again, replacing large chunks of code to ensure it runs properly on all supported platforms (Windows, OSX, Linux).

Yes yes yes yes yes!  As a Linux non-Steam user this is huge for me.  I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with it when I started playing, before finally figuring out that it was abandoned.  It'll be nice to be able to get minor patches again!

I'm also happy to hear that you recognize the issue with not having the prebuild available on the website, and though it's the right thing not to delay 1.1 for it, I hope you'll make it happen for the next major update.

And another ones bites the dust...

Hate to see the Dr. leave. Let's hope this is not the beginnings of a company crumbling from the inside, given the huge success and awesomeness of KSP. Still, even if six months or a year down the road Squad as a game developer ceases to exist, Harv can be extremely happy with what he accomplished.

Great (though sad in one part) devnotes. Nice to see that the two biggest things that I (and probably everybody) encountered are front and center: Wheels and joints. You discussed the work on wheels, but not on joints. Is that becase it was so easy, or because you're still stumped by it?

Farewell, Dr_Turkey. You will be missed!

Good to hear solid progress is being made, very excited for the full release!
Devnotes felt much more complete today with a poem :) However my heart is now incomplete, farewell Dr_Turkey's pitchfork!
But with one chapter ending a new one begins- welcome Nestor!

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

That is running nicely!! 
The "delay" in releasing 1.1 is totally fine (and expected), I'd far rather you guys spend more time on it now than have to scramble to release patches later. You've done a great job so far!!

Farewell Dr. Turkey! And good luck with whatever comes next! 

14 minutes ago, Dr_Turkey said:

This farm is looking really good, honestly, you should see the panphlets they gave me.

I hear they massage you with herbs and butter and let you use the "sauna" all day.

Edited by Tourist

Has anyone addressed the water bug where if you place a craft on water, go back to space center or leave physics range, go back to it it just explodes?
I don't have pre-release 1.1 so IDK if its still there but I'm curious.

23 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Has anyone addressed the water bug where if you place a craft on water, go back to space center or leave physics range, go back to it it just explodes?
I don't have pre-release 1.1 so IDK if its still there but I'm curious.

Is/was there a bug on the tracker for the 1.0.5 version? I don't see one, but maybe they closed it when they fixed it, or my 5-second search was poorly constructed.

If you give me a craft that does it in 1.0.5 I'll test it and report it as a bug if it asplodes in 1.1pre.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Is/was there a bug on the tracker for the 1.0.5 version? I don't see one, but maybe they closed it when they fixed it, or my 5-second search was poorly constructed.

If you give me a craft that does it in 1.0.5 I'll test it and report it as a bug if it asplodes in 1.1pre.

I havent tested stock in a while
Large Boat parts does it in 1.0.5

39 minutes ago, worir4 said:

Welcome Nestor. I dub thee.. Nesesatator! (joking)

I say The Green Argonaut! He whales on the Mun and carries a harpoon! At least that's what our fungineers think!

OK, that got out of hand, but hi Nestor anyway, and I'll show myself out, right after this next message!

-----

What exactly is going on (or suspected, if unknown) with joints?  Did the unintentional pack/unpack joint stiffening that was going on from 0.23.5 to 1.0.5 mask a serious underlying problem, or merely make it so that the joint strengths haven't actually been balanced since then (since the numbers seemed to work)?

I hope everything is well on the homefront @Dr_Turkey?  Hopefully you've enjoyed your tenure at Squad (and found the fireproof pants and lava pitchfork comfortable), maybe you'll have time to give us a going away Squadcast if the opportunity presents itself?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.