Mod Recomindations

There are at least 3, depending on what you want. 2 are in active developement and the 3rd I suspect still works.

Kerbinside puts space centers, airports, and even little non-space-program buildings all over Kerbin, and you can launch from the ones that are so set. It integrates with career mode in that you must purchase the right to use them.

Extraplanetary Launchpads lets you build your own space ports on other planets, build ships there, and launch them.

One of Regex's Useful Mods is called KSC Switcher and it's the one I think may not work. It allows you to select from a predefined list where to put the KSC on Kerbin.

Note: There are no mods that allow you to move the KSC (or place a new one) on any planet other than Kerbin. I believe that is a bit hard coded into the game.

I could have sworn I saw Scott Manley demonstrate a "start with KSC on Duna (for easier) and Eve (for harder)".  I think it may have been broken on career mode by giving you all the science the planets expect.  I know he was getting errors from an atmospheric pixel shader ("backscatterer"?).

13 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Kerbinside puts space centers, airports, and even little non-space-program buildings all over Kerbin, and you can launch from the ones that are so set. It integrates with career mode in that you must purchase the right to use them.

I really like Kerbinside because it integrates well with a career and makes you actually pay to open up new facilities rather than getting them for free :)  On the down side, they're a bit expensive and I may end up not bothering with anything except old KSC and a polar station ^^;  Still, if you somehow have the funds while you're buzzing around Kerbin with planes to farm science and do survey missions, they can really help out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.