Magic Boulder is Back

Brownhair2

1 minute ago, kookoo_gr said:

isn't there an option to see if the magic boulder was added from the debug menu? just hyperedit a ship to each planet and see from the debug menu if the magic boulder was loaded

Actually, it loads upon launching the ship, I think, so we still wouldn't know where it is. Besides, they may have hidden it from the log somehow to make it more secret. :wink:

at the debug menu there is no mention of the magic boulder but there is a line that reads "Saving achievements tree'', not sure if this has to do with the xp of the pilots the tech tree or something else.

2 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

That's actually very interesting. I honestly think they added it to make us ignore the bugs and have something to do other than find bugs.

Well Dres has been having a lot of controversy as of now and I doubt that it would be there but it's not a bad idea seeing as there is NOTHING except the canyon. I'll have to go there sometime again.

What kind of controversy? Bring me up to speed on the news from Dres Today magazine

1 hour ago, KnutG said:

Maybe the Tylo Easter Egg

Hide contents

(Cave)

is back to the ground? Can someone check this?

I didn't know there was a easter egg on Tylo too! Very cool

10 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

What kind of controversy? Bring me up to speed on the news from Dres Today magazine

Yeah. I think it was a cave made for Carl Sagan but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

That's actually very interesting. I honestly think they added it to make us ignore the bugs and have something to do other than find bugs.

Well Dres has been having a lot of controversy as of now and I doubt that it would be there but it's not a bad idea seeing as there is NOTHING except the canyon. I'll have to go there sometime again.

What kind of controversy? Bring me up to speed on the news from Dres Today magazine

Quote messed up but there is a thing where people claim Dres not to exist and even though it does it's annoying and the people that basically worship Dres are going

to be all over it and use the potential Easter Egg as fuel but I'm not sure.

Edited by HoloYolo

30 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

actually there are two, the cave and the carl sagan face (the face was accidentally removed(?) when they introduced the new terrain in the game that messed up all the easter eggs)

4 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

The only real reason to visit Dres right now is the canyon. So it would make sense if they put the boulder there.

If so, then that's great because I already have an ion probe there.

1 hour ago, HoloYolo said:

http://imgur.com/w9PnBij

Don't know why it won't show up but it's food for thought.

I think those are the normal asteroids. Dres has those too.

2 hours ago, KnutG said:

Maybe the Tylo Easter Egg

Reveal hidden contents

(Cave)

is back to the ground? Can someone check this?

Considering they fixed the monoliths, they might have fixed all the easter eggs.

EDIT: The minmus monolith has also been fixed.

Edited by Brownhair2

5 hours ago, p8R said:

Hm... this is what i've found... I guess, it's not what they've hidden, because it was way too easy to find... Nevertheless i'm curious whether this stone has any special meaning... 

This isn't hidden, because it was stated in devnotes that the monoliths were now larger and not stuck in the groundIt isn't likely that this is the hidden feature. Either way, seeing the monoliths so easily is a nice addition, but it doesn't give up hope for the potential finding of the Magic Boulder.

Edited by LaytheDragon

I'm honestly not entirely sure whether they added the Magic Boulder back in or if they're talking being  "Felipe" being in the name generator. I hope it's the Magic Boulder- I guess we have to start looking for it again!

They didn't add anything to Dres, and I'm mostly certain of that. True description/KSPedia page has stayed the same, and the last line was added after 1.0, referring to the ring of asteroids.

6 hours ago, p8R said:

Hm... this is what i've found... I guess, it's not what they've hidden, because it was way too easy to find... Nevertheless i'm curious whether this stone has any special meaning... 

Sorry, but the monoliths aren't new. They've been in the game practically forever, the only difference is that they are slightly bigger now in 1.1.3. They also fixed some of them since a few were broken and underground. 

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

. I checked by loading the orbital parameters from Brotoro's save file

But the Boulder could easily be in a different part of its orbit than the craft!

Are references to the Magic Boulder still found in the Ike surface science descriptions?

Edited by LaytheDragon

3 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Sorry, but the monoliths aren't new. They've been in the game practically forever, the only difference is that they are slightly bigger now in 1.1.3. They also fixed some of them since a few were broken and underground.

Is that "slightly", as in "water is slightly wet"?

32 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

If it still exists, they've moved it. I checked by loading the orbital parameters from Brotoro's save file. I'm going to check the Tylo cave now.

As others have mentioned, try shifting the orbits. Use the graphical thingy in hyperedit and just slowly slide the bar around until you see/crash into something. Unless it's not there...

53 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

@ThatGuyWithALongUsername I didn't use HE. I copy pasted the numbers into the file.

Yes, but the magic Boulder might be at another point in its orbit, and it might be easier to slide the mean anomaly around then to guess numbers in the save file.

It's just a suggestion.

I believe, that if it is the Magic Boulder, it will appear as either a ship or a celestial object in HyperEdit. I'll check that.

WAIT! It could also be the Duna radio thing!

EDIT: Nope, the Magic Boulder doesn't appear in HyperEdit. Speaking of HyperEdit, I just crashed KSP trying to put Vall into a 200000-km orbit around Vall.

Edited by Findthepin1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.