[1.1.3] K.R.X Kerbal Rotor Expansion 0.31.1

Eskandare

On 26. 8. 2016 at 4:18 AM, V8jester said:

I swear I spend more time in the SPH building planes and helicopters now. Especially since you gave us KRX!

Exactly. My space agency is currently stagnating, because i keep building different planes and flying them around the KSC just for fun.

Btw, can someone help with Infernal Robotics? Any idea, why two rotatrons placed in symmetry mode rotate in one direction in SPH and in another direction when actually flying? Why, when i'm trying to set presets it completely ignores my tries to set 90° and instead it keeps setting -90° or 2° with no apparent reason? And how the hell do i make it, if i want both rotatrons to rotate into the preset in the same direction and stop at the same position? I'm trying to make a tilt-rotor VTOL and i just can't get both parts working in the identical way, just mirrored. What puzzels me the most is, why it keeps setting the preset to 2°, there's no reason for that at all.

1 minute ago, Salvator said:

Exactly. My space agency is currently stagnating, because i keep building different planes and flying them around the KSC just for fun.

Btw, can someone help with Infernal Robotics? Any idea, why two rotatrons placed in symmetry mode rotate in one direction in SPH and in another direction when actually flying? Why, when i'm trying to set presets it completely ignores my tries to set 90° and instead it keeps setting -90° or 2° with no apparent reason? And how the hell do i make it, if i want both rotatrons to rotate into the preset in the same direction and stop at the same position? I'm trying to make a tilt-rotor VTOL and i just can't get both parts working in the identical way, just mirrored. What puzzels me the most is, why it keeps setting the preset to 2°, there's no reason for that at all.

On one of your rotatrons right click and click Invert Axis.

6aBNpIO.png

Okay, I'm starting to get out of hand...

vK0unEp.png

UwI1Zq6.png

7 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

On one of your rotatrons right click and click Invert Axis.

6aBNpIO.png

I know about that, i did that and it doesn't work. Or better what it does correctly is that the rotors rotate in the same direction (forward), but don't stop in the same position. While one rotor rotates forward from 0° to 90°, the second one rotates in the same direction, but instead it doesn't do 1/4 of a circle, but 3/4. And the config is extremely stubborn in not saving the position of the second preset i input. It sounds buggy to me, i'll ask in the Infernal robotics thread.

Edited by Salvator

4 minutes ago, Salvator said:

I know about that, i did that and it doesn't work. Or better what it does correctly is that the rotors rotate in the same direction (forward), but don't stop in the same position. While one rotor rotates forward from 0° to 90°, the second one rotates in the same direction, but instead it doesn't do 1/4 of a circle, but 3/4. And the config is extremely stubborn in not saving the position of the second preset i input. It sounds buggy to me, i'll ask in the Infernal robotics thread.

Check that you have them turning at the same speed.

2 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Check that you have them turning at the same speed.

I have. It's presets what's loveed up. The best i could get is the same travelling speed and direction, but a wrong point where one of the two rotatrons stops rotating and nothing i do can change the wrong stopping point. It keeps deliberately changing the value in the presets to either a negative value, or a value that doesn't make any sense, like 2° as i said earlier.

1 minute ago, Salvator said:

I have. It's presets what's loveed up. The best i could get is the same travelling speed and direction, but a wrong point where one of the two rotatrons stops rotating and nothing i do can change the wrong stopping point. It keeps deliberately changing the value in the presets to either a negative value, or a value that doesn't make any sense, like 2° as i said earlier.

That is really odd. perhaps check their position again. I'm sorry all I can do is help trouble shoot as I am not the Infernal Robotics dev. I don;t have any problems with MSI-IR.

Just now, Eskandare said:

That is really odd. perhaps check their position again. I'm sorry all I can do is help trouble shoot as I am not the Infernal Robotics dev. I don;t have any problems with MSI-IR.

It is indeed. What i'll do is that i'll make a clean, vanilla install of KSP and try it as the only mod and i'll see. No need to be sorry, i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem. Can you give me the values o presets for both the inverted and uninverted rotatrons, please? Just to be sure.

3 hours ago, Salvator said:

It is indeed. What i'll do is that i'll make a clean, vanilla install of KSP and try it as the only mod and i'll see. No need to be sorry, i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem. Can you give me the values o presets for both the inverted and uninverted rotatrons, please? Just to be sure.

So the symmetry can be confusing. The way I set Up a tilt rotor, is. Build wings and then install two Rotatrons with mirror symetry turned on (not radial)

Then setup a 90 degree swing. So on one 0 to 90 (turn Limits on, on both Rotatrons before setting anything)

On the opposite Rotatron it will be 0 to -90 as it is a mirror of the first and on this one invert the rotation input in the GUI.

Then install the engines or whatever I wanted to move.

Edited by V8jester

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

So the symmetry can be confusing. The way I set Up a tilt rotor, is. Build wings and then install two Rotatrons with mirror symetry turned on (not radial)

Then setup a 90 degree swing. So on one 0 to 90 (turn Limits on, on both Rotatrons before setting anything)

On the opposite Rotatron it will be 0 to -90 as it is a mirror of the first and on this one invert the rotation input in the GUI.

Then install the engines or whatever I wanted to move.

Omg i got it working, thank you so very much. One has to understand, that the presets have to be in order, from smallest, negative values through zero to positive values. In other words that there is a certain logic in the sequence of presets. Then it's much easier too set it up.

Still don't know, what caused the trouble with the 2 degrees though.

1 hour ago, Salvator said:

Omg i got it working, thank you so very much. One has to understand, that the presets have to be in order, from smallest, negative values through zero to positive values. In other words that there is a certain logic in the sequence of presets. Then it's much easier too set it up.

Still don't know, what caused the trouble with the 2 degrees though.

Cool, glad you got it working. One idea on the 2 deg issue.... Did you enter stop points in the big setup screen in the VAB/SPH? Or did you try to use the sliders in the right click menu's for the Rotatrons? The sliders are very difficult to get just right sometimes. It's often better to just enter them manually in the big setup screen. And yeah the positive / negative thing can be a little confusing at first, but once you figure it and the part direction issues out. You can build just about anything.

I installed with CKAN, but where are the rotors etc? Do I have to unlock a tech or should they already have appeared? 

1 minute ago, Alexology said:

I installed with CKAN, but where are the rotors etc? Do I have to unlock a tech or should they already have appeared? 

Opps, sorry I found them. It's a new career and they have to be unlocked. Thanks for the great work and apologies for my idiocy....

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, gennyN said:

Is there an alternative link for this? SpaceDock seems to be down...

Check out last post in SpaceDock thread.

Should be solved soon, but workaround is provided. Some patreon donation might be thrown to SpaceDock staff members to make things more reliable for your favorite game and mod hosting site.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.