[1.1.3] K.R.X Kerbal Rotor Expansion 0.31.1

Eskandare

On 10/19/2016 at 1:21 PM, Eskandare said:

...And now for a rotor most have been waiting for...

tBr5Iby.png

1yrfSf7.png

uCIRw2h.png

Blackhawk

Superhueys

Heavy Breathing

Blackhawk

Superhueys...

UURRRGGGGHH

11 hours ago, Vjrcr said:

What's the Deploy time on those folding rotors? I have a crazy plan to pallet drop a Helio out the back of Cargo plane in flight, deploy it mid-freefall and start flying it.

I got even more crazy idea, to pack whole craft inside fairing, send it to some planet with atmosphere and deploy fairing and rotors once craft speed is low enough. With some drill and ISRU on board it could turn to good scout on distant planets.

In addition to my KRX update I am working on a patch for @FreddyPhantom's Fantomworks mod. This is a non-invasive patch using MM to add door meshes to the cockpits and update the mod *.cfg to 1.2 compatibility. I reached out to him in hopes to get permission to update the mod but no reply yet. So... time to use the round about way, module manager.

Edited by Eskandare

50 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

In addition to my KRX update I am working on a patch for @FreddyPhantom's Fantomworks mod. This is a non-invasive patch using MM to add door meshes to the cockpits and update the mod *.cfg to 1.2 compatibility. I reached out to him in hopes to get permission to update the mod but no reply yet. So... time to use the round about way, module manager.

Thank you!

I wasn't sure how to fix any of that, I figured it'd be a model rip into blender or something. I'll have to take a peak at everything you did and try to pick up some new tricks :)

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

Thank you!

I wasn't sure how to fix any of that, I figured it'd be a model rip into blender or something. I'll have to take a peak at everything you did and try to pick up some new tricks :)

It's something I learned from looking at some of @Lack's *.cfg files.

4 minutes ago, V8jester said:

hmmmm on that note....

Do you play with LLL? And do you know how to fix the colliders on the payload boxes? - I would assume it would be a similar fix?

I used to play with LLL, I typically just play with SXT. The payloads will require a new colider mesh and that would require permission from FreddyPhantom.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Oops my bad. You said "door meshes" For some reason all I saw was "door" and assumed you were talking about the cargo tail. Ok so I was correct in the model rip and permission. Okie dokie

I meant the hatch colliders on the command pods. I'm also adding a hatch to the back of the command pods so that players can exit to the cargo bays instead of walking all the way around. Mind you, it would be cargo bays attached and resized by tweek scale. Kerberous and V22 pods for sure not sure aboit the others. I also created my own version of the texture so the pod blends with stock.

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Don't forget that LGG picked up SXT

...so I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 0:34 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Any News On 1.2?

Works fine in 1.2.1 just use the latest Firespitter.

The next version will be out soon.

On 11/6/2016 at 6:40 PM, JeffreyCor said:

There is a non plugin rotor back on SpaceDock for 1.2.1 that might be worth checking out with to switch to or until this one is updated. http://www.spacedock.info/mod/1039/FASA Props

I haven't checked it out but I wonder if they got the rotor blur. There are some features of Firespitter that aren't created easily via animation.

Edited by Eskandare

I've tried both this mod and FASA Props on 1.2 version of KSP(FS 7.4.1), had endless animation (maybe not endless, but it keeps rotating after the prop stops) of "mast" part on counter rotating rotor plus couple of NRE's on starting/stopping the prop, but it flies :)  

On 11.11.2016 at 5:08 AM, Eskandare said:

I haven't checked it out but I wonder if they got the rotor blur.

No blur, of course.

3 hours ago, Warro said:

I've tried both this mod and FASA Props on 1.2 version of KSP(FS 7.4.1), had endless animation (maybe not endless, but it keeps rotating after the prop stops) of "mast" part on counter rotating rotor plus couple of NRE's on starting/stopping the prop, but it flies :)  

No blur, of course.

Ahhh that is an important part to the rotors. Game visuals work in frames per second, once the rotor is up to speed it causes blade stutter or blade freeze. This is where the blades look like they've either got only who positions or stopped all together, but they are in fact moving, code wise, you just can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Eskandare Seeing a lot of errors in log using the Osprey rotors

[ERR 16:41:27.419] Module FSplanePropellerSpinner threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Firespitter.engine.FSplanePropellerSpinner.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I assume this is FireSpitter , will pop an issue in that thread, wanted to FYI 

Edited by gomker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.