All features

Tealion1223

Out of all the time I've played KSP on Xbox, it seems I can't make unique looking planes. I would like ALL feature's on PC, like cheats list, all updates on time for all platforms, and mods, on Xbox and PlayStation. But to start off I would like the turbo charged update to be released on console soon, or have a release time, and consecutive updates.

Very demanding arnt you?

Squad has already announced updates will occur across all platforms at the same time, so don't worry.

As for mods, that's unlikely. For one, they have to get authority from Sony and Microsoft to do so and even then the developers have to learn coding for it. Completely different from PC coding. 

It's uncertain as to if they'll add the cheats menu. I personally would like them not. They serve no purpose other than cheats. 

Also note that the "1.0" version of the consoles are equal to the 1.1.3 on the PC version, however since it's the first version  of the console, it's 1.0. So it is Turbo Charged already.

This is all as I understand it.

Some mods don't use any system-level programming, just provide 'resources' like parts, textures, config files - and these *theoretically* could be transferred directly, just put them in the right place in Xbox's filesystem and they work.

Of course you can't. But that's Microsoft's fault, not Squad's. And if you want to get these added through legal channels, prepare for a few hundred dollars (or more) of "certification fee", the nice name for the racket of access to the console market.

Or...

Mechjeb for $30, Near Future pack for $25, Realistic Solar System $45, KIS $10, KAS $10, both for $15. That's how mods *could* become vailable for Xbox...

You know Fallout 4 has mods on console for free right ?

On 09/08/2016 at 2:50 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Completely different from PC coding

Nope. Completely the same. This is a Unity game. You use mostly the same code for all platforms. (not saying mods would be easy but that was not your point)

On 8/9/2016 at 2:50 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

It's uncertain as to if they'll add the cheats menu. I personally would like them not. They serve no purpose other than cheats. 

All is true, but strongly disagree with this part...What happens when the game cheats YOU out of an awesome opportunity?! ...lol just kidding:D(for dramatic effect).

What I mean is, when you setup a low dv mission to Moho using an Eve slingshot, everything goes well and according to plan...but then the intercepts flicker like an old florescent bulb. Fine it's just hard to read the numbers, but sometimes the intercept doesn't even happen at all...because I was given faulty data. Press alt+F12, set inf fuel, burn somewhere until you get a true intercept, disable the inf fuel and continue on with life.

"Rescue x Kerman from the orbit of Gilly", just to get there and find that the kerbal or wreckage was never even spawned(mission is bugged and impossible to complete now). There goes contract failure penalty funds/rep, and also the now-useless rescue ship all the way at Gilly orbit...unless we alt+F12, contracts tab, click "com" at the rescue contract! :)

Was that cheating?

* I get that it is really easy to misuse the dev tools in order to cheat, but I feel bad for the console player who will walk straight into similar contracts and have to suffer a penalty because of russian-roulette bugs

2 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

All is true, but strongly disagree with this part...What happens when the game cheats YOU out of an awesome opportunity?! ...lol just kidding:D(for dramatic effect).

What I mean is, when you setup a low dv mission to Moho using an Eve slingshot, everything goes well and according to plan...but then the intercepts flicker like an old florescent bulb. Fine it's just hard to read the numbers, but sometimes the intercept doesn't even happen at all...because I was given faulty data. Press alt+F12, set inf fuel, burn somewhere until you get a true intercept, disable the inf fuel and continue on with life.

"Rescue x Kerman from the orbit of Gilly", just to get there and find that the kerbal or wreckage was never even spawned(mission is bugged and impossible to complete now). There goes contract failure penalty funds/rep, and also the now-useless rescue ship all the way at Gilly orbit...unless we alt+F12, contracts tab, click "com" at the rescue contract! :)

Was that cheating?

* I get that it is really easy to misuse the dev tools in order to cheat, but I feel bad for the console player who will walk straight into similar contracts and have to suffer a penalty because of russian-roulette bugs

Pretty much all of those can be fixed by reporting the bugs to the devs. Moreover the fun in KSP is the achievement, not just getting it done by whatever means. Regardless, you can easily play the game through those bugs. The career one will penalize you, but you move on. NASA got penalized for small things sometimes without warning, so call it your equivalent.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Pretty much all of those can be fixed by reporting the bugs to the devs. Moreover the fun in KSP is the achievement, not just getting it done by whatever means. Regardless, you can easily play the game through those bugs. The career one will penalize you, but you move on. NASA got penalized for small things sometimes without warning, so call it your equivalent.

that's all well and good, but I think that a lot of people would rather not have to deal with such things. Having the ability to correct a mistake like that (remember, most people aren't playing on hardcore) is nice. Personally, when I play the game I usually A) don't have time to properly plan missions, and B) don't have time to redo them if, for example, I miss a node or forget to open solar panels. As much as I'd like to agree with you, I find I can't anymore. Similarly, things like Battlefield's 'pay to unlock things' suddenly made more sense once I was on an 'adult' schedule and didn't have a lot of time.

27 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

that's all well and good, but I think that a lot of people would rather not have to deal with such things. Having the ability to correct a mistake like that (remember, most people aren't playing on hardcore) is nice. Personally, when I play the game I usually A) don't have time to properly plan missions, and B) don't have time to redo them if, for example, I miss a node or forget to open solar panels. As much as I'd like to agree with you, I find I can't anymore. Similarly, things like Battlefield's 'pay to unlock things' suddenly made more sense once I was on an 'adult' schedule and didn't have a lot of time.

If you make a mistake, Squad gives you a quick fix. It's called quicksaving and quickloading. If you don't have time to go back as far as you last saved (which is your choice), then honestly you don't have long enough to warrant needing cheats either.

Squad has said before they wouldn't release DLCs (and especially not the paid ones) so you can just about guarantee pay for cheats will never be a thing.

15 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Yes it good to report bugs, but can I continue my career 10 minutes after reporting the bug? i guess not, so i still fail the contract. How is that relevant to the dev tools not being needed?
In my current career save, I cannot easily play through those bug. Hard difficulty tweaked to 30% fund/sci/rep income. Failed contracts put me back 5-10 contracts when no fatalities occurred. The cool thing about playing on hard is "No reverts"...so i do get penalized(like NASA) when my launch fails and the new space station module burns through the atmosphere, i accept that because it was my bad decision making that caused that...but a bug just completely destroys my will to even mount a rescue mission.

I know super-hard is not a standard difficulty, but I have no problem with the "career-grind" that everyone hates...it pushes me make the most cost efficient rockets I am capable of, I love it! But bugs and only bugs ruin this experience

If you meant that dev tools "shouldn't" be in the game, I completely agree(thats what "IDQDQ" or "CHEESE STEAK JIMMY'S" is for:D). But KSP is a few versions away from not needing dev tools for players though

4 hours ago, Blaarkies said:

Yes it good to report bugs, but can I continue my career 10 minutes after reporting the bug? i guess not, so i still fail the contract. How is that relevant to the dev tools not being needed?
In my current career save, I cannot easily play through those bug. Hard difficulty tweaked to 30% fund/sci/rep income. Failed contracts put me back 5-10 contracts when no fatalities occurred. The cool thing about playing on hard is "No reverts"...so i do get penalized(like NASA) when my launch fails and the new space station module burns through the atmosphere, i accept that because it was my bad decision making that caused that...but a bug just completely destroys my will to even mount a rescue mission.

I know super-hard is not a standard difficulty, but I have no problem with the "career-grind" that everyone hates...it pushes me make the most cost efficient rockets I am capable of, I love it! But bugs and only bugs ruin this experience

If you meant that dev tools "shouldn't" be in the game, I completely agree(thats what "IDQDQ" or "CHEESE STEAK JIMMY'S" is for:D). But KSP is a few versions away from not needing dev tools for players though

As with any game, the greater in game difficulty you play with, the more susceptible you are to bugs and glitches ruining your game, and just like any other game, when a bug occurs you can choose to continue with it (regardless of how game breaking it is) or drop down the difficulty so bugs don't kill you in every game. 

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

As with any game, the greater in game difficulty you play with, the more susceptible you are to bugs and glitches ruining your game, and just like any other game, when a bug occurs you can choose to continue with it (regardless of how game breaking it is) or drop down the difficulty so bugs don't kill you in every game. 

No it's not like that with any other game :D Most games don't have the complexity that KSP has(attaching physics parts in ways that were never intended) and most games even have a checkpoint save system that makes you lose 5-10minutes when a bug appears...not 3+ hours of KSP gameplay

This reminds me of Tomb Raider - Angel of darkness...there were some gamebreaking bugs there(locking you in the current level)...i wish i had dev tools(no-clip) or something. But I found an online cache of savegames and used the start of the next level. I was happy to continue playing that way.

But bugs shouldn't be "accepted", they should be stomped, fixed or given a workaround...having to play a lower difficulty so that you can manage enough funds for the occasional bug-apocalypse is not a valid workaround, I want to challenge myself to the maximum difficulty sometimes. It's a game, it should be fun AND fair...it is a way to forget about the unfair(literally bugged) world around us.

I know this won't do my -(savegames)- any good, so just to make it clear...i am not trying to pick a fight, or even voice opinion. It is interesting to hear perspectives from other side :)

Edited by Blaarkies
-( ... )-

13 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

No it's not like that with any other game :D Most games don't have the complexity that KSP has(attaching physics parts in ways that were never intended) and most games even have a checkpoint save system that makes you lose 5-10minutes when a bug appears...not 3+ hours of KSP gameplay

This reminds me of Tomb Raider - Angel of darkness...there were some gamebreaking bugs there(locking you in the current level)...i wish i had dev tools(no-clip) or something. But I found an online cache of savegames and used the start of the next level. I was happy to continue playing that way.

But bugs shouldn't be "accepted", they should be stomped, fixed or given a workaround...having to play a lower difficulty so that you can manage enough funds for the occasional bug-apocalypse is not a valid workaround, I want to challenge myself to the maximum difficulty sometimes. It's a game, it should be fun AND fair...it is a way to forget about the unfair(literally bugged) world around us.

I know this won't do my -(savegames)- any good, so just to make it clear...i am not trying to pick a fight, or even voice opinion. It is interesting to hear perspectives from other side :)

Again all I can say is despite what we all want sometimes we have to live with the bad.

KSP is still far and away better than another game I purchased, Alien Isolation. A game with far more resources, budget and development time than KSP will have for a long long LONG time.

I found a game breaking bug that created some strange impassible collider in a doorway that I had to pass making the game unbeatable. I had to wait more than a year before they released a fix. 

So in my book, KSP is almost clean compared to the bugs I've seen in larger games.

38 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Again all I can say is despite what we all want sometimes we have to live with the bad.

KSP is still far and away better than another game I purchased, Alien Isolation. A game with far more resources, budget and development time than KSP will have for a long long LONG time.

I found a game breaking bug that created some strange impassible collider in a doorway that I had to pass making the game unbeatable. I had to wait more than a year before they released a fix. 

So in my book, KSP is almost clean compared to the bugs I've seen in larger games.

Oh yes of course, thats what I meant with the complexity argument...most games that touch on being dependent on physics are bugged out and fail before release(some really cool looking alpha's with physics based sword fighting and the like...but they jitter around, swords become ragdolls, etc.). But KSP is seems like some AAA game even when almost everything is real-life physics dependent and open sandbox.

I love the game, despite my rant about bugs :P 
My point is, imagine you had a "~", "-noclip" cheat in Alien Isolation...you could cross that barrier wall in 10seconds(and responsibly turn OFF the cheat on the other side:sticktongue:) and continue the game like nothing happened, bonus points for telling the devs about it afterwards.

I have HyperEdit installed as well, but only for use as Advanced-F12'ing. You know when you hit the "cannot leave craft while under acceleration"-bug around the Mun, on the mun space station that has no fuel of thrust...you see the Ap rise till it is out of SOI, going into Solar orbit. And you realize that this station costs half a mountain of funds, you cannot even "role-play"-explain how it happened. That's when I hyperedit it back to Mun orbit.

I use it strictly for bug fixing, therefore I feel console players should have the option of alt+F12 as well...what's the worst that could happen, right?:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

Oh yes of course, thats what I meant with the complexity argument...most games that touch on being dependent on physics are bugged out and fail before release(some really cool looking alpha's with physics based sword fighting and the like...but they jitter around, swords become ragdolls, etc.). But KSP is seems like some AAA game even when almost everything is real-life physics dependent and open sandbox.

I love the game, despite my rant about bugs :P 
My point is, imagine you had a "~", "-noclip" cheat in Alien Isolation...you could cross that barrier wall in 10seconds(and responsibly turn OFF the cheat on the other side:sticktongue:) and continue the game like nothing happened, bonus points for telling the devs about it afterwards.

I have HyperEdit installed as well, but only for use as Advanced-F12'ing. You know when you hit the "cannot leave craft while under acceleration"-bug around the Mun, on the mun space station that has no fuel of thrust...you see the Ap rise till it is out of SOI, going into Solar orbit. And you realize that this station costs half a mountain of funds, you cannot even "role-play"-explain how it happened. That's when I hyperedit it back to Mun orbit.

I use it strictly for bug fixing, therefore I feel console players should have the option of alt+F12 as well...what's the worst that could happen, right?:rolleyes:

That's fair enough a point and guess I can't argue :) .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.