[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

So, numerous times I find myself stuck in an unwanted view, or with docking text on screen post docking.

I suggest a "kill" button on the toolbar. A reset of sorts that no matter what will take you back to the stock camera view.

Or if this exists and I missed it, I'd very much like to know that too.

(Found it...)

Edited by tg626

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.   I have tried to load the Hullcamera mod and none of the cameras show up in the parts VAB parts list.     I put the hullcam folder in the gamd data folder.   I am in sandbox mode.   I have KSP x 64 version 1.12.5.3190 with making history 1.12.1 and breaking ground 1.7.1 along with mechjeb2 made for game version 1.12.3    Am I doing something wrong?   If not can you please update the Hullcamera mod?    This is one of the mods I consider not only amazing but essential.    Thank you.

34 minutes ago, alf said:

Hello.   I have tried to load the Hullcamera mod and none of the cameras show up in the parts VAB parts list.     I put the hullcam folder in the gamd data folder.   I am in sandbox mode.   I have KSP x 64 version 1.12.5.3190 with making history 1.12.1 and breaking ground 1.7.1 along with mechjeb2 made for game version 1.12.3    Am I doing something wrong?   If not can you please update the Hullcamera mod?    This is one of the mods I consider not only amazing but essential.    Thank you.

Post your logs or use CKAN to install it.  The most likely culprit here is installing something wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 10:57 AM, Some Kerbal out there said:

There is a slight problem with backspace to exit the cameras. When i wad in a rocket i was viewing through a camera and when i pressed backspace um... the abort action group was activated... and yea...

Ok, so some details would be nice, like, what version are you running, OS version, etc.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:41 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so some details would be nice, like, what version are you running, OS version, etc.

No need for that. I realised i can change the keybindings and the problem happened because the abort action group was set as the same key as the key to exit the cameras.

• 5 weeks later...
22 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

in my experience yes

It doesn't seem to show up on the RPM external camera display...instead it moves the viewpoint camera to the location of the camera part.

• 2 months later...

hey so ive installed it and it doesnt say anything is wrong but doesnt work like it doesnt say its wrongly installed or anything but the parts wont show up but docking cameras work, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by CalvonVulcan

18 hours ago, BerkayOndeyer said:

I downloaded this mod but there are only two cameras what should I do??

54 minutes ago, CalvonVulcan said:

hey so ive installed it and it doesnt say anything is wrong but doesnt work like it doesnt say its wrongly installed or anything but the parts wont show up but docking cameras work, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The OP has some information about how to ask for help.  Most importantly is to provide your KSP.log file.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

The OP has some information about how to ask for help.  Most importantly is to provide your KSP.log file.

oh thanks man, although it is wierd as i havent had a problem with it before but heres my file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j603vu1zxgyulubz8lzw0/Player.log?rlkey=u1dswp0izuiryk31fpvx9n07d&dl=0

Edited by CalvonVulcan

54 minutes ago, CalvonVulcan said:

oh thanks man, although it is wierd as i havent had a problem with it before but heres my file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j603vu1zxgyulubz8lzw0/Player.log?rlkey=u1dswp0izuiryk31fpvx9n07d&dl=0

KSP.log is generally easier to work with than player.log, except for crashes.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with hullcam.  You have some files and folders inside gamedata that indicate some stuff might be installed wrong.  I'd suggest trying to make a clean install with just hullcam, make sure things work, then start adding other mods and figure out where it breaks.

Edited by JonnyOThan

KSP.log is generally easier to work with than player.log, except for crashes.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with hullcam.  You have some files and folders inside gamedata that indicate some stuff might be installed wrong.  I'd suggest trying to make a clean install with just hullcam, make sure things work, then start adding other mods and figure out where it breaks.

would you like to see my ksp log instead then?

KSP.log is generally easier to work with than player.log, except for crashes

I prefer the Player.log.  not home right now will look later

4 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

How did you install it?

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I prefer the Player.log.  not home right now will look later

How did you install it?

i first tried to delte the old verison i ahd and install the latest one, first manually and then it said that it was wrongly installed like saying it was in entire diffrent folder but i didnt move  anything then i tried ckan and didnt want to at first but then it would and it didnt say anything same with manul i think it work because i deleted everything with hull cams, the docking cams work but i dont have the cameras and telescopes