[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

We should build an Iron farm. Basically, you have a bunch of villagers and doors in a tiny area, and Minecraft's code will recognize it as a village, so it will spawn some Iron Golems. So then, it's set up so the golems fall a long way as soon as they spawn, and die. Hoppers pick up the iron they drop.

Where do we get the villagers?

Fire

Realistically you only need 2 and they'll do the rest, but I would recommend builiding it some way from the time so people still have space to build homes. There is a village just south of the working skelly farm, so that could be a potential site.

56 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Where do we get the villagers?

Cram a bunch of villagers in a very small space to make a breeder. 

53 minutes ago, [ Jeremy ] said:

Realistically you only need 2 and they'll do the rest, but I would recommend builiding it some way from the time so people still have space to build homes. There is a village just south of the working skelly farm, so that could be a potential site.

The village has no villagers. I keep trying to capture some zombie villagers, but it's not going so well. I keep killing them. 

45 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

That village + minecarts = Villagers transported to iron farm site = Lots of big noses

No villagers. :( 

Sooo... Who wants to go find at least 16 gold and go to the nether and stuff to get golden apples and splash potions of weakness? Yaaaaaaay...

Edited by max_creative
Melons?

47 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Yaaaay..... It'll be worth it in the end, though!

Yeah! Iron farm! So, what do you guys think about 1 diamond for 27 stacks of melon slices? And how much slimeballs and redstone dust do we have? 

Edit: We need iron! Iron is super useful! MOAR IRON

Edited by max_creative
IRON

24 minutes ago, [ Jeremy ] said:

Now that you mention it, beacons take literal double chests worth of iron to construct, so an iron farm does have its uses you know.

Yeah. Wait, how much iron does it take to- Oh. 1476 IRON INGOTS?!? Well, iron farms give you ingots not ore! You save 185 coal and HOURS mining, so iron farms are definitely a practical idea. And if we get extra villagers we can make fully automatic potato farms and zombie traps! 

16 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

maybe 1000 Melons?

1728 is one full inventory not including the hotbar. I agree that 1000 melon slices is probably a better idea. How much redstone dust do we have? I can get iron, and we're going to make an iron farm, but I need redstone dust. Mining is going to take a long time to get all those pistons...

I'm building a new skyscraper where the spawn area used to be. It will a black stained glass tower with some nether quartz with a slanted roof. Don't worry, I kept the mine and I'll move the nether portal some where else ( if you move the nether portal within a 164 block radius of the original, the nether portal in the nether won't move)

If you guys want you can help me by donating the following glass, sand, ink sacks, stone, stone slabs, nether quartz and lastly quartz blocks.

I would be very happy if any of you donate! But you don't have to donate if you don't want to, I won't feel bad.

Edited by Dfthu

29 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

I'm building a new skyscraper where the spawn area used to be. It will a black stained glass tower with some nether quartz with a slanted roof. Don't worry, I kept the mine and I'll move the nether portal some where else ( if you move the nether portal within a 164 block radius of the original, the nether portal in the nether won't move)

I was going to build a tower with black and purple stained glass and clay! Where the big circle is. So... That means a few things: 

1. people might go in my own tower thinking it's spawn. 
  2. RIP Squids 
  3. RIP the whole desert 
  4. RIP the ground 
  5. RIP the nether 

You're probably going to finish you tower first because I need clay and purple dye and a crazy amount of redstone... 

Give him all the donations. I'm building a tower just for myself, and he's making one for everyone, so he has a better reason to get stuff. If anyone wants to give me free redstone dust that would be useful. You don't have to.

Edited by max_creative
Why do I always make big impractical things?

35 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

I heard about people having problems with dfthu's actions...

Some are calling to ban Dthu...

I think we should all discuss this and if necessary vote for it..

What did/does Dfthu do that people don't like?

Btw this voting system for bans would be good. 

48 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

What did/does Dfthu do that people don't like?

Btw this voting system for bans would be good. 

Rebuilding the spawn area without consulting others, bickering with other players about building locations etc. 

And i heard some reports that he does that when i'm not on the server.

11 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

Rebuilding the spawn area without consulting others, bickering with other players about building locations etc. 

Did he put up that flag at spawn?

Edited by Findthepin1

33 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

It can't be that bad, can it? It's not like he completely modified the spawn area! 

20 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

No, he completely modified the spawn area...

Never mind. 

I guess we have three things we can do: 

1. just make spawn better 
  2. take everything apart 
  3. just leave it along 

I think a ban is too much of a punishment. I say no ban.

Edited by max_creative
Actually, I don't care very much.

The issue I'm having with it is his disputes with other players (despite my words to it). As well beginning massive server altering decisions without talking to myself or Mk. The idea is nice, but the process of how he went about it is wrong. 

Not to mention, the repetitive disobedience. When I say stop, you stop. It's this refusal to listen to administrator rules that is receiving moderation action. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.