[1.12.x] Part Commander Continued

linuxgurugamer

This is a continuation of the older mod Part Commander:

Tired of playing "sniper" trying to access a part's right-click menu while hurtling through space? Ever wish you could access those options while in IVA or Map View? Don't feel like setting up action groups for everything? Then Part Commander is for you! Part Commander consolidates all the right-click menus from parts on the active vessel into a single interface (with the optional ability to "pop off" selected parts into their own windows if you wish).

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies:

Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

The new release for 1.4.1 seems to have fixed a memory leak issue

OLDtyID.png

Current Features

• consolidates all right-click menus into a single resizable, movable, scrollable window.
  • optional ability to pop off parts into their own windows for monitoring
  • "Symmetry Lock" feature lets you control all parts within a symmetry group at once. Displayed values are obtained from the "primary" part.
  • part highlighting so you know which part(s) you're affecting. With symmetrical parts, the primary one is highlighted in orange and the rest in yellow.
  • works in both IVA and Map views.
  • stock and blizzy78 toolbar support.
  • persistent storage of window locations/sizes and selected parts per save
  • filter and sort the part list
  • hide "unactionable" parts
  • toggle resource/temp/aero info display
  • configurable hot key (defaults to Mod+P)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

niiice. I was originally going to give up on this mod once the PAWs could be stickied open, but then I realized I still have to click on the parts inside the rocket to get the PAW to open... :P

Also I'm out of likes again, dammit

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 10/19/2016 at 1:04 PM, plague006 said:

Ran into an issue between your mod and Contract Configurator due to a bug in the toolbar reflection wrapper. Info on how to resolve the issue here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-120-toolbar-1713-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/&page=55#comment-2770188

Thanks.

and I have others I need to fix as well.  Will take a day or so to get them all done.  

appreciate the heads-up

Looks like a copy of better science labs continued 0.1.8 got sucked into the download for this, at least on spacedock. I refuse to use CKAN on principle, so I found this pretty easily.

Side note: If anyone wonders why I don't use CKAN, it's because I've been modding KSP since 0.13.x and tweaking part config files since 0.15.x. There were no mod managers specifically for KSP back then, so I learned to manually install mods. For me, managing mods isn't something I need to do very often, and with so many mods bundling Mini-AVC I can let it tell me that a mod has an update and check it out for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had a question about your Part Commander mod that I didn't see addressed. 

Is it possible to have the parts list also show while you are building crafts in the SPH or VAB? It would be handy for me to have a listing of the parts used to try and keep track of some of the parts that like to hide and never been seen again but cause RCS Build Aid drive you crazy trying to find them. 

I don't post often online and after trying KSP for Xbox One I decided I must get it for the PC due to the hardware limitations of the Xbox One. I see that you are active in quite a few mods for KSP and are still keeping them active, updated and adding new content. All your mods are great and top of the line, thanks for taking the time to create and share them for people like me and others to enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Linuxguru,

thx for taking care of so many and espacially this great mod! I tried it and it works flawless.

What I would like to know is if there's a possibility to show up the window even if i disable gui via F2? Maybe a CFG file or something?

The background is I would like to play with no gui, no map and only iva. Well, and for parts its mostly no gui no control. So if the mod window wouldn't obey the F2 gui hide i could still control all parts via the mod "window popup" shortcut defined. :) 

Thanks again,
LtMtz

Hi y'all!
First and foremost, this mod is indispensable. It was one of the first I installed and has become so important to me, I started thinking some of the features were actually stock ...

I have a question regarding the filter and sorting of the partlist functionality.
I wonder whether I just haven't found how to do it (the likely scenario), or it's not there.
Is there any way to "save" the results of a part-list search, or to search the part list (I use Quick Search) and dump all results into a custom category?

As you can probably imagine, you'd need complex-number-theory to describe the size of my parts-list (I'm the kid who'd build his own candy store ...).

If I just got the dumb, don't spare my feelings when you let me know how. :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to read all the way down here!

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2016 at 5:09 AM, DerGolgo said:

Hi y'all!
First and foremost, this mod is indispensable. It was one of the first I installed and has become so important to me, I started thinking some of the features were actually stock ...

I have a question regarding the filter and sorting of the partlist functionality.
I wonder whether I just haven't found how to do it (the likely scenario), or it's not there.
Is there any way to "save" the results of a part-list search, or to search the part list (I use Quick Search) and dump all results into a custom category?

As you can probably imagine, you'd need complex-number-theory to describe the size of my parts-list (I'm the kid who'd build his own candy store ...).

If I just got the dumb, don't spare my feelings when you let me know how. :wink:

not easily, sorry

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

not easily, sorry

No need to apologize, sir!

The reason I asked this was, in large part, that I was trying to avoid using the search. You know, you enter the first letter, KSP starts running through the parts list for every part where that letter comes up ... so after thirty seconds of the game freezing up entirely, I could enter the second letter ...

For this, I've found another solution, my searches now run quick as heck and I can enter complete search terms in peace without having to fire up minesweeper to kill time.
Explained hence:

On 11/25/2016 at 5:09 AM, DerGolgo said:

Hi y'all!

You could try using The Janitor's Closet.  It has a Mod filter setting, where you can display parts from only specified mods.  It can also hide parts you just don't want to see.  Read about it here: http://spacedock.info/mod/944/The Janitor's Closet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.