KSP without mods

Consoles again...

@chimpbone, What did you really expect buying a console version? That it will be already modded to the top?

As for me I think that releasing KSP on consoles was a mistake. The game has just nothing to do with on consoles. I cannot imagine how anybody could play it with 8 button gamepad and even not speaking of number of buttons the device is an awful controller that requires helpers such as auto-aiming to be usable in games. And yes, lack of mod support which is a serious part of KSP. Now we all face the obvious consequences: frustrated console users.

It's wrong to say that stock KSP is bad and that the developers have used modders as a free staff. Many people like to play stock KSP. I personally would hate the game if it had some stuff like BDArmory etc built in. KSP gives us a platform that can be used to alter the game in any way we like and that's great.

Edited by Ser

1 hour ago, Ser said:

Consoles again...

@chimpbone, What did you really expect buying a console version? That it will be already modded to the top?

As for me I think that releasing KSP on consoles was a mistake. The game has just nothing to do with on consoles. I cannot imagine how anybody could play it with 8 button gamepad and even not speaking of number of buttons the device is an awful controller that requires helpers such as auto-aiming to be usable in games. And yes, lack of mod support which is a serious part of KSP. Now we all face the obvious consequences: frustrated console users.

It's wrong to say that stock KSP is bad and that the developers have used modders as a free staff. Many people like to play stock KSP. I personally would hate the game if it had some stuff like BDArmory etc built in. KSP gives us a platform that can be used to alter the game in any way we like and that's great.

And as a proof of my words, here's a quote of @Starwaster, a respectable modder and an ex-developer of the game, arguing about stock aerodynamics vs FAR several hours ago:

I think you meant @sarbian...

3 hours ago, Ser said:

Please don't put my name in a post that stinks of "PC gamers are superiors beings". Explaining that using 12 keys for docking is more ergonomic that 2 analog thumb stick and 4 shoulder button/triggers should not need my comments to show it is more about ideology than ergonomics.

On 08.12.2016 at 8:34 PM, sarbian said:

Please don't put my name in a post that stinks of "PC gamers are superiors beings". Explaining that using 12 keys for docking is more ergonomic that 2 analog thumb stick and 4 shoulder button/triggers should not need my comments to show it is more about ideology than ergonomics.

Forget that I mentioned you.

Edited by Ser

On 12/8/2016 at 2:34 AM, Ser said:

Consoles again...

Well, That's an opinion that most (really 99%) in the console world don't agree with

Good thing the release of this game was not based on opinions....

Just my two cents

Cheers

Edited by claptonrulez

Vanilla KSP in console is far from bad. I have played from a while now and I'm enjoying it. Yes, it needs a few fixes, but nothing that breaks the game at all. 

Still, I would have released it under GPP in the current state, especially since 1.2 hasn't been released yet on console.

23 hours ago, gustchenchi said:

Vanilla KSP in console is far from bad. I have played from a while now and I'm enjoying it. Yes, it needs a few fixes, but nothing that breaks the game at all. 

Still, I would have released it under GPP in the current state, especially since 1.2 hasn't been released yet on console.

Yeah, other than the save bugs, it is not at all a bad game. As for all the readouts/mods some think we need, sure - they'd be great... but without them I was able to return kerbals from the Mun and Minmus routinely, go to Duna and back, land on Eve, and get a single probe to flyby and send science back from every single moon of Jool before I crashed into the planet before my save file corrupted. Without mods, in Career mode. So, YMMV.. I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.