Simple Mod for a Flag?

gamerscircle

I think [and I am sure I am wrong] that it would be easier if I can be shown / instructed on how I can create a mod for my flag?

Yep, I know I can just copy the flag into the GameData\Squad\Flags folder, but I think it would be slightly easier to just have a folder for my "mod" for this?

Yes or no?

Also, if this is already covered in another thread, please point me that way.  thank you.

As long as it is under a Flags directory, I think it can be anywhere (under GameData of course).

So you can have your flag in GameData/Flags/ or GameData/Squad/Flags/ or GameData/gamerscircle/Assets/mk420crewcan/Flags/. I have mine in GameData/_Uzric/Flags/.

19 minutes ago, Uzric said:

As long as it is under a Flags directory, I think it can be anywhere (under GameData of course).

So you can have your flag in GameData/Flags/ or GameData/Squad/Flags/ or GameData/gamerscircle/Assets/mk420crewcan/Flags/. I have mine in GameData/_Uzric/Flags/.

Correct. I've done the same.
As long as you follow the correct file structure it doesn't matter where you put it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2016 at 1:54 PM, Uzric said:

So you can have your flag in GameData/Flags/ or GameData/Squad/Flags/

You can yes although adding stuff to the Squad folder is not a habit you want to get into or publicise ,  Only add mods to the GameData folder not anywhere else.There is nothing you can achieve by adding to the Squad folder that can't be done by adding the folder into GameData.

Do you mean having more flags to pick from as a stock mechanic or having flags as parts because i'd suggest using ZZZ flags it makes whatever your agency's flag is into a bunch of decal part variants(Curved parts, 0.625m, 1.25m, 2.5m and others)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.