Ger_space

[1.3.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.3.1 - 07.10.2017

Recommended Posts

@Ger_space - Thanks so much for picking this up!  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see the KerbinSide bases again.

Do you happen to use Extraplanetary Launchpads?  Any chance you might be able to talk to @taniwha and brainstorm how to resolve the issue where EL crashes when it loads an alternate base?  Not sure which mod is actually causing that conflict, but it's a known issue and it'd be awesome to be able to use both mods together again.

If not, that's cool - I just figured it never hurts to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, panarchist said:

@Ger_space - Thanks so much for picking this up!  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see the KerbinSide bases again.

Do you happen to use Extraplanetary Launchpads?  Any chance you might be able to talk to @taniwha and brainstorm how to resolve the issue where EL crashes when it loads an alternate base?  Not sure which mod is actually causing that conflict, but it's a known issue and it'd be awesome to be able to use both mods together again.

If not, that's cool - I just figured it never hurts to ask.

I haven't used EL yet.  Have you some logfiles with the crash for me, or at least a guide how to reproduce the crash? I'll have a look at it as soon I finished remodeling the editor, which turned out to be far more painful than expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ger_space said:

I haven't used EL yet.  Have you some logfiles with the crash for me, or at least a guide how to reproduce the crash? I'll have a look at it as soon I finished remodeling the editor, which turned out to be far more painful than expected.

Sure, I can reproduce that.  Let me look back through the EL thread for some of the detail, and get you exact steps for reproduction and a log file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space - Ok, this is why I shouldn't post on the holidays.  First off, EL isn't the mod that has the issue with KK/KerbinSide (sorry @taniwha !).  It's Kerbal Construction Time, which is maintained by @magico13 .  And that mod is still not fully updated for 1.2.1, so I am jumping the gun on this anyway - apologies for the confusion, and you can just ignore this.  Once KCT is updated officially, if there is still an issue I can submit logs / reproduction steps, etc.

Edited by panarchist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, panarchist said:

@Ger_space - Ok, this is why I shouldn't post on the holidays.  First off, EL isn't the mod that has the issue with KK/KerbinSide (sorry @taniwha !).  It's Kerbal Construction Time, which is maintained by @magico13 .  And that mod is still not fully updated for 1.2.1, so I am jumping the gun on this anyway - apologies for the confusion, and you can just ignore this.  Once KCT is updated officially, if there is still an issue I can submit logs / reproduction steps, etc.

 @magico13

I think I found it: The assembly loader for KK support uses "selectMany", I think that might got broken by ContractConfigurator. This is a similar why all mods which had support for blizzys toolbar needed suddenly an update.

You already fixed it in your development branch.

I some changes to the namespaces, which might have broken things. I'll revert the offending one and make in internal wrapper for me.

Edited by Ger_space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space  I want to ask if it is possible by KSP mechanics to have kinda upgradable or switching models for static. Like have "lv.0_building pad" -> event -> "lv.1_complete_building" thing? I imagine contracts like "bring over_9k rocket parts to the _statics_name_'s warehouse facility to help them build outpost/factory/whatever at _statics_name_". And second thought - is it possible to make some events with facilities of KK to be noticeable for contract system? "bring X_tons of supplies to North Pole research station" at least can bring some sence for visiting statics in the game, not just use them as decoration or alt. launchsites. I have fun times whith GaP contract pack which adds some activity on Kerbin, but Inigma used to build crafts, constructions, buildings to visit from stock parts, which leads to issues(blowing up crafts for example). I think that should be a bit more stable if we can use statics for that purpose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Warro You know there is a "Kerbin-Side Gap" Contract Pack? found here

it should work (without needing extra requirements, as CC provides the API now) , but I have no time to play KSP, most free time is spend on coding.

For your suggestions:

Building Upgrades:

AlphaAsh started some work to implement building upgrades, but never finished the work, or got it working. It will need a lot more work. the biggest problem is: you would need two or three models for the thing and display according to the upgrade. With a new configfile format, this should be easier to implement, but this is long-term, becasue I need to rewrite larger parts of the KK code for this (it is planed, but not done tomorrow)

Other mods (CC) using statics:

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll Implement an easy to use API so other mods can place objects and remove them.

I think placing statics from within kOS could be very funny to watch. (like a provisional runway made out of glow-sticks )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space Digging mentioned thread I've found reference to KKCCExt, which do some cooperation between CC and KK. It can be outdated now (Spacedock mark it 1.1.2-comp.) Maybe it'll be better if KK can interact with CC directly. I'd suggest to add not  only place-remove functionality, but add other usefull stuff, if posible (check if base present, open, the same for facilities, transfer resources to/from facility, maybe something else which I have forgotten now).

Another question/suggestion - is it possible to create facility type which can support real kerbals and transfer in-out, not virtual "stuff" ones? Maybe some internal actions too.... I dreamed about school-college-university type to reduce "stupidity" stat in lore-friendly way :)

Edited by Warro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Warro said:

@Ger_space Digging mentioned thread I've found reference to KKCCExt, which do some cooperation between CC and KK. It can be outdated now (Spacedock mark it 1.1.2-comp.) Maybe it'll be better if KK can interact with CC directly. I'd suggest to add not  only place-remove functionality, but add other usefull stuff, if posible (check if base present, open, the same for facilities, transfer resources to/from facility, maybe something else which I have forgotten now).

Another question/suggestion - is it possible to create facility type which can support real kerbals and transfer in-out, not virtual "stuff" ones? Maybe some internal actions too.... I dreamed about school-college-university type to reduce "stupidity" stat in lore-friendly way :)

Likes this.....  ^^^

 Politically correct or not, they are Kerbals, so respect given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warro said:

@Ger_space Digging mentioned thread I've found reference to KKCCExt, which do some cooperation between CC and KK. It can be outdated now (Spacedock mark it 1.1.2-comp.) Maybe it'll be better if KK can interact with CC directly. I'd suggest to add not  only place-remove functionality, but add other usefull stuff, if posible (check if base present, open, the same for facilities, transfer resources to/from facility, maybe something else which I have forgotten now).

Another question/suggestion - is it possible to create facility type which can support real kerbals and transfer in-out, not virtual "stuff" ones? Maybe some internal actions too.... I dreamed about school-college-university type to reduce "stupidity" stat in lore-friendly way :)

Like I said: KerKonConConExt is already std. module of ContractConfigurator. https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases/tag/1.21.0

So "Kerbin-Jobs" and "Kerbin-Side Gap" give out working contracts.

The only missing feature are functions for adding and removing assets on the fly, so assets can be placed and removed without causing brain damage to the modder.

IVA actions are not possible, because structures are no vessels. despawning and spawning Kerbals with modified stats could be possible, but the required code to do so is too much for a simple module. Perhaps I find a way to add custom external modules to statics, something like partmodules but only for statics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Like I said: KerKonConConExt is already std. module of ContractConfigurator. https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases/tag/1.21.0

So "Kerbin-Jobs" and "Kerbin-Side Gap" give out working contracts.

Sorry for bothering you again, but doesn't that mean I can get K-Side GAP without K-SIde jobs? Good news....
 

59 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

The only missing feature are functions for adding and removing assets on the fly, so assets can be placed and removed without causing brain damage to the modder.

IVA actions are not possible, because structures are no vessels. despawning and spawning Kerbals with modified stats could be possible, but the required code to do so is too much for a simple module. Perhaps I find a way to add custom external modules to statics, something like partmodules but only for statics.

 

Assets can be spawned or despawned on per-save basis? Good news, part 2 :)

I don't mean "you should implement this ASAP, this is the most essential feature ever", It's just "if you're looking for ideas, maybe try this?".

Another (i hope simple) question: can fuel tank facility store other resources or it's limited to liquid fuel only? If limited, is it possible to make "warehouse" type, which can hold any resources defined in game (transferable types)? Sorry to ask you, not testing myself, but my install of KSP with KK have 19k+ MM patches, so loading time is pain...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Warro said:

Sorry for bothering you again, but doesn't that mean I can get K-Side GAP without K-SIde jobs? Good news....
 

no problem, Yes you can install K-Side Gap without K-Side Jobs

 

15 minutes ago, Warro said:

Assets can be spawned or despawned on per-save basis? Good news, part 2 :)

not in the moment. Or nothing has implemented yet. Facilities store their content per save and there is a model loader for savegame models, but It there are currently no models, that would be needed on a per savegame basis.

15 minutes ago, Warro said:

I don't mean "you should implement this ASAP, this is the most essential feature ever", It's just "if you're looking for ideas, maybe try this?".

Another (i hope simple) question: can fuel tank facility store other resources or it's limited to liquid fuel only? If limited, is it possible to make "warehouse" type, which can hold any resources defined in game (transferable types)? Sorry to ask you, not testing myself, but my install of KSP with KK have 19k+ MM patches, so loading time is pain...

 

 

Tanks can hold any resource, but only one resource at a time. currently you need to change the contenttype in the .cfg file, because the editor is broken for editing facilities of existing instances.

A warehouse could come handy, as well of creating new bases on a per savegame basis for a trade-in of resources ("ore" or something more advanced).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space more possibilities always better, no problem if something isn't implemented now. Good that nothing prevents it from implementing. If you'll have time and will to do it - cool, if not - no problem.
Anyway, thanks for maintaining KK, it's a bit better than before :)

Edited by Warro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Orion Kerman said:

Great mod but does it need kerbinside???

No, but Kerbin-Side need Kerbal Konstructs :D

KK is the infrastructure to add static models around kerbin. Others mods provide the models and the config. You can use for example KSCFloodlight of Kosmodrome without Kerbin-Side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ger_space said:

No, but Kerbin-Side need Kerbal Konstructs :D

KK is the infrastructure to add static models around kerbin. Others mods provide the models and the config. You can use for example KSCFloodlight of Kosmodrome without Kerbin-Side.

Cool, thanks for this mod all people who HELPED!!! I will use this greatly...:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but It didn't work, the control-k and the button on the tracking station didn't appear. so here is my info:

Mods: Remote tech, Tac life support, maritime pack, KIS, bd armoury and vessel mover.

Game save was new in sandbox no comm net and no other differences.

I downloaded twice both didn't work then I downloaded Kerbin-Side as well.

Download from github and space dock. Version 1.2.1

Edited by Orion Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orion Kerman said:

Sorry but It didn't work, the control-k and the button on the tracking station didn't appear. so here is my info:

Mods: Remote tech, Tac life support, maritime pack, KIS, bd armoury and vessel mover.

Game save was new in sandbox no comm net and no other differences.

I downloaded twice both didn't work then I downloaded Kerbin-Side as well.

Download from github and space dock. Version 1.2.1

I think you thought the tracking stations are rt ground  stations. Sorry, but they are not. (At least for now) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I think you thought the tracking stations are rt ground  stations. Sorry, but they are not. (At least for now) 

I don't understand what you mean.

The BASE KK BOSS button didnt appear. And control-k didn't work.s sorry if my grammar was not understandable

Yeah I know the tracking stations aren't with rt but none of the kerbinside stuff appeared at all.

Edited by Orion Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Orion Kerman said:

I don't understand what you mean.

The BASE KK BOSS button didnt appear. And control-k didn't work.s sorry if my grammar was not understandable

Yeah I know the tracking stations aren't with rt but none of the kerbinside stuff appeared at all.

Could you please upload your log files to some net drive, so I can have a look at it? Sounds like an installation problem to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Could you please upload your log files to some net drive, so I can have a look at it? Sounds like an installation problem to me.

Ok I'll do it again too see (third time jebs fault) I did try it twice though. And which log files. Also I don't use steam. Could I use email??? Because it's easier for me.

Edited by Orion Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the time between messages @Ger_space I have had a half busy day.

 

Edit: used pre release on github and it worked.

Edited by Orion Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ger_space Thanks dude for working on this mod! Do you happen to know, did AlphaAsh include this feature in KK before going away? If not, what do you think about it?

I'm talkin about "Recover Vessel" trigger on a box collider in particular.

Edited by Enceos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Ger_space Thanks dude for working on this mod! Do you happen to know, did AlphaAsh include this feature in KK before going away? If not, what do you think about it?

I'm talkin about "Recover Vessel" trigger on a box collider in particular.

I'm pretty sure, that this is not implemented. crashing into a hangar will not recover the vessel before it explodes :sticktongue:. OK, fun beside, I don't have an idea how I could implement this. Starting a Revocery request is easy, but checking in a sane way if a specific collider is hit and make this behavior configurable, not so much. I'll open a github issue with your request, so I'll remember your idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I'm pretty sure, that this is not implemented. crashing into a hangar will not recover the vessel before it explodes :sticktongue:. OK, fun beside, I don't have an idea how I could implement this. Starting a Revocery request is easy, but checking in a sane way if a specific collider is hit and make this behavior configurable, not so much. I'll open a github issue with your request, so I'll remember your idea.

This behavior is implemented in 'Hangar' mod - 

- its code can provide clues on how to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now