[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Anyone have any ideas on this? Been trying to find a solution for a while now.

I  was able to get some custom launch sites setup and I can choose to launch from them in the kerbal konstructs (KK) menu from inside the VAB but every time iI choose the launch site and then try to launch, it still ends up spawning my craft on the stock launchpad instead of the one I chose in the KK menu

I am using KSP 1.8.1 and am using the latest version of KK (1.8.1.15)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me some help on this. Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Edited by Unknown_Linux

8 hours ago, Unknown_Linux said:

Anyone have any ideas on this? Been trying to find a solution for a while now.

I  was able to get some custom launch sites setup and I can choose to launch from them in the kerbal konstructs (KK) menu from inside the VAB but every time iI choose the launch site and then try to launch, it still ends up spawning my craft on the stock launchpad instead of the one I chose in the KK menu

I am using KSP 1.8.1 and am using the latest version of KK (1.8.1.15)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me some help on this. Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Hello @Unknown_Linux This has been a bug since and we have not found a answer.

Your KK Should work fine.

To make this work you will be needing To Put A Universal Spawn Point, Just Search It Up And Click that, go to the launchsite that wont work and put it there, make it a launchsite and boom.

This is what i use when i make my KK Mods.

According to @Avera9eJoe the KK dev isn't active right now either, he's taking care of a new family member :)

So Yeah.

6 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

To make this work you will be needing To Put A Universal Spawn Point, Just Search It Up And Click that, go to the launchsite that wont work and put it there, make it a launchsite and boom.

According to @Avera9eJoe the KK dev isn't active right now either, he's taking care of a new family member :)

So Yeah.

Ok thanks for the advice. Ill give that a try and let you know the results. 

16 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

So Yeah.

Thank you so much. This suggestion to set a universal spawnpoint as the launchsite instead of the actual pad itself ended up working.  Was starting to drive me a little nuts figuring this out so thanks a TON. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

it seems like my KK is not working properly. I cant get access to the CTRL-K menu. I have RSS/RO and some other Mods installed.

In the Logfile it says [ERR 18:25:54.369] KK: GetCelestialBody: Couldn't find body "Kerbin"

I hope someone can help me out.

I tried reinstall RSS with no change at all. Of course i want to play KSP with RSS.

Yes its obviously that KK cant find Kerbin but i didnt get it and i also checked the files for RSS and it sets "Earth" as HomeWorld. If i look up the SourceCode of KK i see that KK is looking for the HomeWorld, so i really dont know what to do about.

I also tried installing different Versions of RSS and KK but nothing changed for me.

1 hour ago, SteveZ06 said:

I tried reinstall RSS with no change at all. Of course i want to play KSP with RSS.

Yes its obviously that KK cant find Kerbin but i didnt get it and i also checked the files for RSS and it sets "Earth" as HomeWorld. If i look up the SourceCode of KK i see that KK is looking for the HomeWorld, so i really dont know what to do about.

I also tried installing different Versions of RSS and KK but nothing changed for me.

It Should Work, No One has made RSS Patches of KK Yet.

It seems like one of the following Mods is causing the problem:

-KSCExtended

-Omegas Stockalike Structures

-KerbinSide Remastered

Im now trying to find out which one of them is the issue

EDIT: I now installed KSC Extended and Omegas Stockalike Structures and got again the KK error and cant open the Editor anymore. I looked up the config files and saw that in the KSC Extended cfg-files is the CelestialBody = Kerbin named. In the Omega stuff there is no CelestialBody in the cfg files.

Could i rename all the "CelestialBody = Kerbin" to "CelestialBody = Earth" or "CelestialBody = HomeWorld" ?

Edited by SteveZ06

52 minutes ago, SteveZ06 said:

It seems like one of the following Mods is causing the problem:

-KSCExtended

-Omegas Stockalike Structures

-KerbinSide Remastered

Im now trying to find out which one of them is the issue

EDIT: I now installed KSC Extended and Omegas Stockalike Structures and got again the KK error and cant open the Editor anymore. I looked up the config files and saw that in the KSC Extended cfg-files is the CelestialBody = Kerbin named. In the Omega stuff there is no CelestialBody in the cfg files.

Could i rename all the "CelestialBody = Kerbin" to "CelestialBody = Earth" or "CelestialBody = HomeWorld" ?

Rename it to Earth, try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a question about Kerbal Konstructs, and the Tundra Space Center mod in particular.

Whenever I place the launchpad, press "make launchpad" or something like that, rename it, save and close it, then try to access it from the VAB, it doesn't work. Whenever I select LC-39a (Part of Tundra Space Center) as my launchsite, and I press launch, it just spawns me into the default launchpad.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

Hello!

I have a question about Kerbal Konstructs, and the Tundra Space Center mod in particular.

Whenever I place the launchpad, press "make launchpad" or something like that, rename it, save and close it, then try to access it from the VAB, it doesn't work. Whenever I select LC-39a (Part of Tundra Space Center) as my launchsite, and I press launch, it just spawns me into the default launchpad.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

Hello @AeroSky This has been a bug since and we have not found a answer.

According to @Avera9eJoe the KK dev isn't active right now either, he's taking care of a new family member :)

So Yeah.

Neither Do I Know How to fix this.

17 hours ago, Miguelsgamingch said:

Do I search Universal Spawn Point in the place where I can find instances to spawn?

Also, do I just place the Universal Spawn Point right on top of the Launchpad that won't work?

Thanks!

Is there a guide anywhere on using the terrain editor? I would like to know how to make flats like on minimus so i flew to minmus landed near the edge and I've been playing around with it but I'm not having much luck. I've figured out how to get spikes of various sizes and shapes but nothing that looks like useable terrain. 

A question about simulating construction of a site: is there a way to show/hide statics on a timer? Like...start out showing the ruins of a destroyed VAB, and then after a certain time the final static appears.

Just as a way to make it seem like something is being constructed on a site. Or maybe something with variants where the variants are the static in various stages of construction, timed to appear after x time passed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm aware that @Ger_space is quite far away from KSP modding for now. Still want to thank you for handling and improving this amazing and quite complicated mod.

I started (again) a new JNSQ  (with in built Kerbal Konstructs configs, using Omega Stockalike Structures) career. 

Kerbal Konstructs version is 1.8.1.15. KSP is 1.10.1. I use latest KCT, if it matters. 

There is a lot of confusion around when it comes to how make additional commnet ground station to work, so I wanted to post a clear instruction on that:

There's 4 options in difficulty setting related to commnet

1) Basic -> Enable Comm Network [obviously needs to be on]

2) Advanced -> Enable Extra Groundstations [needs to be on, otherwise both stock and KK groundstations won't work]

3) Kerbal Konstructs -> Enable CommNet GroundStations [needs to be on, otherwise KK groundstation won't work]

Those are obvious options, aren't they?

What is not so obvious:

4) Kerbal Konstructs ->Leave stock commnet also needs to be on. If it off, KK ground stations don't give connection until you close and then reopen ground station facility. And then again connection will be lost on save/reload or scene change. Fun thing, that this option doesn't seem to suppress stock groundstations at all. That's what I figured out.

Also it is worth to note I made some testing on vessel storage facility:

1) Initially closed in JNSQ config

2) I open it in flight scene landed nearby.

3) If I quicksave or game autosaves, it is immediately become closed again.

So base facility status saving is definitely borked,  I can provide logs if someone willing to trace the bug. Yet I have not tested opening/closing bases.

In conclusion, this is a really great mod, however career related logic is not currently working flawlessly. But still, this mod is amazing.

Spoiler

ACtC-3fKpfnSUDjsbK2dNARPhzP4tAQHqazZGtEC

1 minute ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm aware that @Ger_space is quite far away from KSP modding for now. Still want to thank you for handling and improving this amazing and quite complicated mod.

I started (again) a new JNSQ  (with in built Kerbal Konstructs configs, using Omega Stockalike Structures) career. 

Kerbal Konstructs version is 1.8.1.15. KSP is 1.10.1. I use latest KCT, if it matters. 

There is a lot of confusion around when it comes to how make additional commnet ground station to work, so I wanted to post a clear instruction on that:

There's 4 options in difficulty setting related to commnet

1) Basic -> Enable Comm Network [obviously needs to be on]

2) Advanced -> Enable Extra Groundstations [needs to be on, otherwise both stock and KK groundstations won't work]

3) Kerbal Konstructs -> Enable CommNet GroundStations [needs to be on, otherwise KK groundstation won't work]

Those are obvious options, aren't they?

What is not so obvious:

4) Kerbal Konstructs ->Leave stock commnet also needs to be on. If it off, KK ground stations don't give connection until you close and then reopen ground station facility. And then again connection will be lost on save/reload or scene change. Fun thing, that this option doesn't seem to suppress stock groundstations at all. That's what I figured out.

Also it is worth to note I made some testing on vessel storage facility:

1) Initially closed in JNSQ config

2) I open it in flight scene landed nearby.

3) If I quicksave or game autosaves, it is immediately become closed again.

So base facility status saving is definitely borked,  I can provide logs if someone willing to trace the bug. Yet I have not tested opening/closing bases.

In conclusion, this is a really great mod, however career related logic is not currently working flawlessly. But still, this mod is amazing.

Reveal hidden contents

ACtC-3fKpfnSUDjsbK2dNARPhzP4tAQHqazZGtEC

I know this is going off-topic, but I just really wanted to ask, (in the photo), what is that thing at the top left and what mod adds that?

Thanks!

P.S. I agree completely! This is an amazing mod!

3 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

I know this is going off-topic, but I just really wanted to ask, (in the photo), what is that thing at the top left and what mod adds that?

Spoiler

It's very cool and quite underappreciated mod. Also it can auto-suppress interface when F1 is pressed 

So, I've made some more investigations on DSN Groundstations (Comm Net stations, if you wish...) added by Kerbal Konstructs.

And I was kinda disappointed with the fact that despite different configs in JNSQ for huge dishes or transmitter masts they all have the same range - which is DSN tracking station level range.

It looks like 

@TrackingShort =

parameter in config doesn't do anything.

@Ger_space, can you kindly answer, does it work as intended? I suspect it is maybe not possible to have ground stations with different ranges in the game...

upd: I'm not a programmer, but looking at source, added groundstations should respect configs... 

Edited by evileye.x

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

Commnet Constellations allows each ground station to have a different upgrade level. 

Thank you for the advice, I checked the mod. It is great, it pickups all KK groundstations. But... It does add additional modules, a bit of complexity and has zero interaction with KK config. Also, even author admits that mod makes quite an impact on performance.

My mod structure is quite complicated and as it is for now. But I took a note for sure...

Edited by evileye.x