[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

18 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:
  1. Take a copy of the instance file after you change it  and save it, and another after it reverts and and compare the two files to note what the changes are.
  2. Also you should be aware that JNSQ has a patch file called DefaultColor.cfg in folder \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\KK  that changes color presets.

See if the altered values from #1 match with what #2 is doing.  If it is, maybe some advice from the JNSQ team on how to resolve.

So I have two pads out, both behave the same. I started KSP, colors are wrong, so I saved off all the files in the NewInstances folder. Then back in game I fixed the color, and, just in case a grass color change doesn't mark the settings dirty, I also bumped the position of both pads just a click. Then saved everything, and here's a compare of one. The other is the same.

tldr; maybe grass color changes aren't getting written to the cfg?

Spoiler

SiuTB22.png

11 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

tldr; maybe grass color changes aren't getting written to the cfg?

The number values in both files are the JNSQ default presets.

When you make the changes in the instance to the grass do you close and save from the instance edit dialog or from the larger KK menu dialog? 

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

When you make the changes in the instance to the grass do you close and save from the instance edit dialog or from the larger KK menu dialog? 

Always both, due to paranoia and not looking at the code. I always save from the instance editor with Save and Close, then the main dlg with Save (which seems to sometimes be highlighted and sometimes not?). But yeah always both.

47 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

See if the altered values from #1 match with what #2 is doing.  If it is, maybe some advice from the JNSQ team on how to resolve.

This happens to me in standard KSP. I have a level 1 runway on the south pole ice sheet. I have the grass colour set to snow/ice and regularly it resets to green grass. I have just been living with it and reseting it when I am out that way.

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Always both, due to paranoia and not looking at the code. I always save from the instance editor with Save and Close, then the main dlg with Save (which seems to sometimes be highlighted and sometimes not?). But yeah always both.

I always save in all save places individual and full interface and it still happens.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

But yeah always both.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

I always save in all save places individual and full interface and it still happens.

Well that's just strange.  I haven't had it happen to me yet.

I do paranoid saving as well, The only difference I can think of is that I move all of my creations out of the default new instances folder into folders that are very specific to the mod I'm working on, or to my private collection of KK statics. I never leave them under the KK directories (also a kind of paranoia). 

45 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I never leave them under the KK directories

That is probably the trick. Also when I create new instances I have to reopen all the bases again. Good thing in sandbox it is free.

4 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

sandbox it is free

I cheat there... I set all bases open by default in career games. I just like to fly there or launch from them. I don't really care about the facilities for making science or money I prefer to do that through field work. 

21 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

Does it require any other mod to work because I tried to use the mod in ksp 1.10 and it kind of work. I don't know how to edit and spawn the buildings.

When you are in 'flight' you press Control+K to bring up the K&K statics menu. From there, you can edit groups, spawn new instances, and adjust local instances.

23 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I don't know how to edit and spawn the buildings.

I just completed a wiki you might find useful: Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs

You don't *need* additional mods, however there are many useful mods that add additional parts and structures to use in Kerbal Konstructs;
Omega's Stockalike Structures
Tundra's Space Center
Kerbin Side Remastered

2 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

i see some part pink like the ground when I spawn the VAB

Can you post a picture of this? 

(you must have the image hosted on a service like imgur.com and the URL needs to have an extension of .png or .jpg)

Can you also post the configuration file for the instance that is showing up pink?

Edited by Caerfinon

9 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Can you post a picture of this? 

(you must have the image hosted on a service like imgur.com and the URL needs to have an extension of .png or .jpg)

Just realised if he means the grass colour on the hex base, I have had that happen too when I put a version of a VAB in my volcano base.

4 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Just realised if he means the grass colour on the hex base, I have had that happen too

is the colour preset just off? Can you change it in the instance editor? Or is it a texture related thing (i.e. pink) 

3 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

is the colour preset just off? Can you change it in the instance editor? Or is it a texture related thing (i.e. pink) 

Could never seem to change the colour, just lightness/darkness. So black I guess was an option. Yes the main colour was Pink.

Edited by ColdJ

tl;dr I have installed KK six times and de-installed it a similar number times (6) within 30m.  That's my track record.

I contacted SIr @Caerfinon, O.K.E., yesterday, seeking professional help.  With his help, I have been able to load KK & Kerbinside Remastered.  I have long suspected KK doesn't work (well) on Linux.

The problem (extracted from the full log) is:

[EXC 18:08:04.818] DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/kmk/GameData/KerbalKonstructs/MapDecalMaps/AllBlack.png".

I am using an app launcher located in /home/kmk/Desktop to run KSP 1.11.2 -- which is located in /home/kmk/env/games/KSP/1.11.2.3077/

In consultation with Sir Caerfinon (yes, he just received his Knighthood via express email!), I executed a quick work-around, et voila, KK works (so far) on Linux.

By the way, please check out Sir Caerfinon's new and thoroughly excellently helpful link: Getting Started With Kerbal Konstructs ...  How good is that?!

Anyway, I am posting the full log as a bug report and suggesting that a relative path, from the KK DLL, be used to locate its own assets.,  The .NET AppContext.BaseDirectory appears to be the most appropriate way to locate the starting point.

Lucky Installation Number 7!  Thank you, Caerfinon!  Much indebted to you.

Edited by Hotel26

18 minutes ago, Jamma368 said:

every time i make a airport and save and go back to the ksc its not there and i cant  spawn there

Is the entire airport missing or just the ability to launch from the SPH/VAB?  Are you setting the runway as a launch site?