Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, Ineedaweapon said:

We are now focusing on finding ways to improve the gameplay

So in layman's terms, more waiting? Lovely...

Next month will probably signal the end of me playing this godforsaken game. I've waited long enough, only to be told at every opportunity that "improvements continue". 

If something MAJOR does not happen after a year of waiting, I'm giving up on ever seeing the update. It sucks that it's come to this, but there's other things that I'll gladly wait for. Ace Combat 7 is slated for 2018, and I'm more excited for THAT than this update!

Edited by LegendaryAce

I actually feel sorry for the console players. To buy a game then find it doesnt work is not good.

I could just say "get a pc or laptop to play it on" however that's not the point.

I really hope updates get sorted so you can play KSP properly....I feel its only fair.....

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, Deddly said:

I think the main reason is that the console version is being completely remade. It is not a patch at all.

People really need to be able to get their money back. This is just beyond ridiculous. We didn't pay so you could make the game, we paid because we thought you already had. :mad:

3 hours ago, AverageJoeGuy said:

People really need to be able to get their money back. This is just beyond ridiculous. We didn't pay so you could make the game, we paid because we thought you already had. :mad:

Unfortunately, they don't have to release the update. They already have our $40, so if they decide that the update isn't worth their time, they have nothing to lose. They can stop all further work and tell us it sucks you chose the wrong console.

There's been absolutely no accountability, and all attempts at recompense have come to nothing.

On 2017-6-17 at 5:38 AM, LegendaryAce said:

Ace Combat 7 is slated for 2018, and I'm more excited for THAT than this update!

Ace Combat 7 will probably be launched before this mighty "update".

7 minutes ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Ace Combat 7 will probably be launched before this mighty "update".

Yeah, seriously! And it'll have all the features that the developers promised to boot!

You know, at least Ace Combat 7 will fill my need for a serious flight game. I've also got Space Simulator on my iPhone, so I've got an adequate space game.

8 hours ago, AverageJoeGuy said:

I'm pretty sure I would also have wanted a refund, judging by how the console release has been received. I don't have a say on that, though, because I don't work for Squad. I (and the other moderators) only volunteer to help look after the forum and as far as I know, we are all on your side.

I'm not sure how long you have owned the game, but there were some people who had some success in getting a refund from the place they bought the game. You could try that if you haven't already, but I'm not sure what the returns policy is on the Sony/Xbox store. 

19 hours ago, Deddly said:

I'm pretty sure I would also have wanted a refund, judging by how the console release has been received. I don't have a say on that, though, because I don't work for Squad. I (and the other moderators) only volunteer to help look after the forum and as far as I know, we are all on your side.

I'm not sure how long you have owned the game, but there were some people who had some success in getting a refund from the place they bought the game. You could try that if you haven't already, but I'm not sure what the returns policy is on the Sony/Xbox store. 

Digital content is extremely finicky when it comes to refunds. Before Apple cracked down on it, you'd be able to get apps, report a problem, and get a refund while still being able to keep the game. The same could also be true of digital console games.

Usually, for a refund of digital content, a claim must be filed within 24-48 hours. Unfortunately, this bug really became apparent during that time, and by the time people realized it was there, the refund period had already expired. I know because that's what had happened to me.

The latest...

Let’s begin with KSP for consoles, where the QA team has been working on testing and providing feedback on the new control schemeBlitworks is making great progress and we are looking forward to testing every fresh new build coming out of the oven, they are very solid right now and still getting better each time.

2 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

the QA team has been working on testing and providing feedback on the new control scheme.

You should've asked me to do this. I've broken so many games doing my own debugging, I could probably finish this in two days! Fallout New Vegas comes to mind especially...

2 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Blitworks is making great progress and we are looking forward to testing every fresh new build coming out of the oven, they are very solid right now and still getting better each time.

So how many "new builds" are there gonna be before we see it? It all sounds good on paper, but I'll remain a skeptic until I can throw my hardest at it and it doesn't crash.

PS: You guys have 18 days until a year has passed. Better step it up!

Edited by LegendaryAce

8 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

PS: You guys have 18 days until a year has passed. Better step it up!

Dont forget, even if they were to finish it tomorrow, there would still be a couple weeks of certification to wait through.  Seems unlikely we'll get it before the year marker.

3 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

The rumoured "Settlement Expansion Pack" for console version.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yes, but do you have a source?

The only source I know for such a rumour is my PURELY SPECULATIVE statement/suggestion below. To my knowledge, there was never any official mention of a free expansion pack for console, and I believe I watch these forums close enough to know if there was.

4 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

The only source I know for such a rumour is my PURELY SPECULATIVE statement/suggestion below. To my knowledge, there was never any official mention of a free expansion pack for console, and I believe I watch these forums close enough to know if there was.

Yeah I assumed he is pulling that out of you know where. Let's see how fast that rumor takes off now.

21 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Dont forget, even if they were to finish it tomorrow, there would still be a couple weeks of certification to wait through.  Seems unlikely we'll get it before the year marker.

I don't know. Cert testing is never a "for sure" business. Some games like Halo and Call of Duty may take weeks. A smaller game like Trails Fusion may take a day or two.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I've never seen anything about this. Like @Galileo said, source or it's not real.

I agree. The only DLC I've seen for this game is for PC only. I've heard nothing about a console DLC. Why would they even speculate on DLC when the base game still isn't even working?

1 minute ago, LegendaryAce said:

I don't know. Cert testing is never a "for sure" business. Some games like Halo and Call of Duty may take weeks. A smaller game like Trails Fusion may take a day or two.

I agree. The only DLC I've seen for this game is for PC only. I've heard nothing about a console DLC. Why would they even speculate on DLC when the base game still isn't even working?

I agree, why would they speculate on a dlc for console if they aren't even sure they can get the console ported. Even if they get it ported, how long is it going to take to fix the bugs from this one...another year?

6 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

That's why I'm trying to nip it now.

Since purchasing Kerbal for the PS4 I've been watching a variety of you-tube videos trying to learn the game mechanics and the quirky controls on this console. I have heard an "expansion pack rumour" mentioned a couple of times but I have no idea which video it would have been in. If here isn't one then there isn't one.

As I said, "rumoured" and I made no mention of free anything, I don't know where that came from. I'd certainly buy it if the game will work.

What is your agenda in trying to "nip this now"?

55 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Since purchasing Kerbal for the PS4 I've been watching a variety of you-tube videos trying to learn the game mechanics and the quirky controls on this console. I have heard an "expansion pack rumour" mentioned a couple of times but I have no idea which video it would have been in. If here isn't one then there isn't one.

There is an expansion pack planned but it is for historical related things, not "settlement"s. They haven't said anything about whether it will be for consoles as well but I assume that they are planning to port it once the main game re-port is complete.

35 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

There is an expansion pack planned but it is for historical related things, not "settlement"s. They haven't said anything about whether it will be for consoles as well but I assume that they are planning to port it once the main game re-port is complete.

I see, so there is an expansion pack planned for console.

It was surprisingly refreshing to find a game without the 'pew pew pew'. I love playing Kerbal console, but have only managed to get a brief taste.

I guess it's just wishful thinking to have a space program game that includes something like colonization.

Seems as though a market exists, or a least did.

I check back in with the forums once the patch/rework is made available.

Thanks.