The Official Kerbal Dakar 2017

Triop

I had a truck made to flip over but I don't use it, not enough power to go uphill.

Also I did mention quicksaving but I didn't do it once in the challenge, when I saw stage 4 I was like "huh maybe I should" but I was already going quite fast and flipped half a second later.

Little late but found this thread intime

Ill be sending a 4 car train consisting of locomotive, fuel tank and utility/service car with a spare locomotive on the back on the weekend

Diesel electric 44 class with B unit

4408 Mk3 :)

19 minutes ago, Overland said:

Little late but found this thread intime

Ill be sending a 4 car train consisting of locomotive, fuel tank and utility/service car with a spare locomotive on the back on the weekend

Diesel electric 44 class with B unit

4408 Mk3 :)

Now that will be an interesting journey , collection of screenshots, out takes, looking fwd to it, it's definitely a first , makes me want to wake up the repulsor train, but I know stage 2 would be the end. 

Check out some of the posts as they feature some of the trickier terrain, and it's well worth at least finding a good route through stage 2 and 3 before hand , i think the trip is possible with the exception of those two, but i've a feeling as a long distance hauler the patience is strong in you.

Welcome to the club

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Now that will be an interesting journey , collection of screenshots, out takes, looking fwd to it, it's definitely a first , makes me want to wake up the repulsor train, but I know stage 2 would be the end. 

Check out some of the posts as they feature some of the trickier terrain, and it's well worth at least finding a good route through stage 2 and 3 before hand , i think the trip is possible with the exception of those two, but i've a feeling as a long distance hauler the patience is strong in you.

Welcome to the club

Havent been for a run over 80km in some time :) roverdudes crane bits were the missing bits i need for couplings that dont use steering drawbar common in later trains.. I know the area well though..illl be sure to take a fluffycloud plane out first though :) results thread looks great so far

With all the errors with kerbin terrain and wheel problems..this might just be the challenge to give kerbin ground pounders back the glory of the good old days :)

Okay, I'm in a major pickle here. So I started the rally at what I thought would have been a good time. Well, there's a reason I put 'thought' in italics. Well, after stage 2, and a medical Evac for Nedbert, It's basically the middle of the night. Now I know that the rules say "Total time cannot be over 6 hours", but does that include simming to the next morning?

Please advise ASAP

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

Okay, I'm in a major pickle here. So I started the rally at what I thought would have been a good time. Well, there's a reason I put 'thought' in italics. Well, after stage 2, and a medical Evac for Nedbert, It's basically the middle of the night. Now I know that the rules say "Total time cannot be over 6 hours", but does that include simming to the next morning?

Please advise ASAP

Well, I'm not Triop, but I think that any time spent on track and racing counts, so fast-forwarding will advance your time as well. When I was still participating, I just had lights and kept driving through the dark. :) 

19 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Well, I'm not Triop, but I think that any time spent on track and racing counts, so fast-forwarding will advance your time as well. When I was still participating, I just had lights and kept driving through the dark. :) 

Are you sure? I thought that it was total combined stage time; not the mission clock timer. If this is the case and I have to race in the dark, part for me, will you?

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

@Triop, could you help us sort this out?

Sure, when you start a stage, you have 6 Kerbin hours to complete it.

Meaning that when you get stuck, and help is not on time you can not start the next stage.

Between stages you can take as much time as you like, but as soon as you start, the clock ticks.

I think that is fair since a stage takes 10 to 30 minutes to complete.

Happy racing. :cool:

7 minutes ago, Triop said:

Sure, when you start a stage, you have 6 Kerbin hours to complete it.

Meaning that when you get stuck, and help is not on time you can not start the next stage.

Between stages you can take as much time as you like, but as soon as you start, the clock ticks.

I think that is fair since a stage takes 10 to 30 minutes to complete.

Happy racing. :cool:

OH THANK YOU!!!!! The ODR is REALLY not equipped for night racing XD

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

What's the word on infinite fuel/electricity?

Well, you can use radioisotope thermoelectric generators to power batteries, it's stock so anybody can use it.

But cheating using alt + F12 is a no go.

3 hours ago, Triop said:

Well, you can use radioisotope thermoelectric generators to power batteries, it's stock so anybody can use it.

But cheating using alt + F12 is a no go.

Good to know. What about setting up fuel stops at each flag? Before I start my run.

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.