What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Well, I finally got around to doing what i`ve been meaning to for the past month, a home built ultralight (yes, I know the inherent risks, I may be adding a parachute) I`ve just got around to estimating weight and choosing the airfoil, it has already taken up like, 4 pages out of my notebooks

2 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I tried out for "Guys and Dolls" today.

School play?

Also, I think you still owe us a flying toilet seat. With a hat wager.

Yesterday was the first day of school, and when I tried to connect to the school wifi, Chrome decided that the school login page was a security risk. I ended up using my stock Internet Browser to go around the security warning and login on that, then switched back to Chrome to browse the forums. 

So here's some "eew" factor for the rest of the year for you guys.

So our house is around 50 years old. A couple of days ago, the drain in our shower started acting up (3 of us are using mom's shower until my sisters and my bathrooms are finished renovated), so mom tries to unclog it. She pulls up the standard (Hair, etc.), and then a nail. Easy to guess where that came from; the whole house is a Reno zone. But then.. Mom pulls up this huge, foot-long, pipe-wide clump of 50 year old hair.

If that doesn't make you cringe then I can't think of what does.

15 hours ago, qzgy said:

School play?

Also, I think you still owe us a flying toilet seat. With a hat wager.

Yes, it is the school play. Today I learned I cannot do a New York accent very well...

Flying toilet seat MK2 (12x the power) is coming, but my rocket range is currently filled with 8 foot tall stalks of corn. When that gets harvested, the 2017-2018 rocketry season will begin!

On August 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM, TheKorbinger said:

Also, it's my first time back on the forums in ~6 months. 

It's nice to see you again :)

We were looking at de Vinci's painting and stuff yesterday so today we had to draw some stuff. I decided on Gene Kranz, I'm not done yet though. It gonna take a lot more time.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

I tried out for "Guys and Dolls" today.

...And I'm playing Arvide Abernathy, the grandpa dude, who just happens to have a pretty long solo song...

Great, this is absolutely fantastic! I can't sing! This will go VERY well!

Stumbled across a white supremacist website, because the first thing I saw was SO racist I at first assumed it to be a very "edgy" (for want of a better word) meme/joke/satire piece, it was so racist that it went all the way to silly. I actually thought someone was making a joke. If they were it might even have been quite good satire.

You know how like if you hate someone/something, and you describe that hate, if you keep going and escalating the verbal descriptions, you inevitably end up sounding silly, like:

I hate that thing. I want to smash it. I wasnt to smash into tiny piece. And then burn those pieces. And then i want to take the ash..and..and I wanto burn that ash as well..and then well take that SUPER ash and throw it into the SUN! AND THEN i WANT TO DETROY THE SUN AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ALL OF CREATION AND CHOP IT TO BITS WITH KNIVES AND THEN BURN THOSE KNIVES TOO BECAUSE THEYLL BE RUINED BECAUSE GAWD I HATE THAT THING SO MUCH!

Yeah it was a little like that.

But on scrolling a little it became more and more obvious that it was non-ironic, sadly.

But the genuinely funny part? They were all extremely proud of, impressed by, talked alot about, shared multiple pictures and videos exclusively featuring the size and colour of their.......certain male appendages.

Anyway, I dont want to start A big discussion about racsim, but it was hilarious.

Edited by p1t1o

17 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Stumbled across a white supremacist website, because the first thing I saw was SO racist I at first assumed it to be a very "edgy" (for want of a better word) meme/joke/satire piece, it was so racist that it went all the way to silly. I actually thought someone was making a joke. If they were it might even have been quite good satire.

You know how like if you hate someone/something, and you describe that hate, if you keep going and escalating the verbal descriptions, you inevitably end up sounding silly, like:

I hate that thing. I want to smash it. I wasnt to smash into tiny piece. And then burn those pieces. And then i want to take the ash..and..and I wanto burn that ash as well..and then well take that SUPER ash and throw it into the SUN! AND THEN i WANT TO DETROY THE SUN AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ALL OF CREATION AND CHOP IT TO BITS WITH KNIVES AND THEN BURN THOSE KNIVES TOO BECAUSE THEYLL BE RUINED BECAUSE GAWD I HATE THAT THING SO MUCH!

Yeah it was a little like that.

But on scrolling a little it became more and more obvious that it was non-ironic, sadly.

But the genuinely funny part? They were all extremely proud of, impressed by, talked alot about, shared multiple pictures and videos exclusively featuring the size and colour of their.......certain male appendages.

Anyway, I dont want to start A big discussion about racsim, but it was hilarious.

The kind of "humor" you described there is the most stupid thing ever, year I totally hate that kind of jokes. People who do such jokes are probably like the worst!

See? You don't know if I'm being ironic or not. I'm not, that's why it really is stupid. That kind of "maybe it's a joke, I dunno" kind of humor will most likely cause WW3 some day.

Now stop asking yourself if I'm still being ironic! Jeez

Edited by Physics Student

9 minutes ago, Physics Student said:

The kind of "humor" you described there is the most stupid thing ever, year I totally hate that kind of jokes. People who do such jokes are probably like the worst!

See? You don't know if I'm being ironic or not. I'm not, that's why it really is stupid. That kind of "maybe it's a joke, I dunno" kind of humor will most likely cause WW3 some day.

Yes, for the record, that kind of "humour" can be as distasteful as its subject material, usually causing the phrase "its just a joke" or "Im just joking" to be spat with increasing intensity as if that made any difference - though this is not to say that clever humour cannot be made out of very controversial topics, or that some legitimate forms of humour cant be shocking - in fact it is an important way for society to digest, understand and deal with some topics. But I digress. In the interest of distancing myself from certain types of distasteful/evil persons, the funny part in this case was the mid-identification of the media. Media which was not intended by its author to be a joke.

Edited by p1t1o

Iron Maiden nearly saved me from sleeping in my car with one of their most famous song. Without joking, I was driving for about 6 hours already and due to the rain and all the traditional traffic jams, I decided to stop a bit on the side, just to rest. But I started to fall asleep... until this :

0c3VdVs.jpg

It really helped to wake up once again!

I also loved the host making a ridiculous but fun comment like "We are in the room number 667, so I guest we could be called the Neighbors of the Beast".

On 8/31/2017 at 11:12 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

I can't sing! This will go VERY well!

Wait, you didn't know about this before hand?

In other news, boat building is going smoothly. Yesterday, the last major piece of the hull went on.Today, I fitted some parts to widen the top edge(since the hull is made of 1/8" plywood) Now just planing, rasping, filing, patching, sanding, and general finishing.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, qzgy said:

Wait, you didn't know about this before hand?

I sort of did... ish... I mean, uh, our school does tryouts in a relaxed fashion. Guys and Dolls is a play where there are very few girl parts and a lot of guy parts. There were about forty girls at tryouts and ten guys, so we were pretty much expected to go onstage whenever there was a part where a girl was talking with a guy (because we had 40 girls to get through).

So I went up there for the grandpa part, and apparently I played it somewhat well... And I've actually been told that I'm somewhat pessimistic about my own singing ability. So, who knows, maybe it will turn out all right.