[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

52 minutes ago, Alvargon said:

Hi, Via CKAN the USI things say that it need B9 module. Where is it?

What B9 module? I can promise you that none of the USI ckan entries make any reference to anything related to B9. Can you post a screenshot of it saying it need the B9 module?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
slleping

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Ok so MKS works.  So add one other mod and see if it loads.  If that works then remove it and add another (so you only have MKS + one other mod).  You can probably ignore doing this with other USI mods as they don't conflict with each other.

If it is a mod conflict you will find it.  Otherwise I'd bet you are running out of resources with all the mods installed.

Just did it, it's MKS's fault completely

Just now, Linker said:

Just did it, it's MKS's fault completely

Ok,  Your reply is largely useless.  From what you have said, if i understand correctly

MKS works by itself.

MKS crashes when paired with what mod?

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Ok,  Your reply is largely useless.  From what you have said, if i understand correctly

MKS works by itself.

MKS crashes when paired with what mod?

It doesn't even work by itself

Just now, Linker said:

It doesn't even work by itself

Ok then your previously reply where you said yes I guess was false or a misunderstanding.  I'm not sure from the earlier posts but what versions of mod/KSP are you running.  Picture of your gamedata folder?

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Ok then your previously reply where you said yes I guess was false or a misunderstanding.  I'm not sure from the earlier posts but what versions of mod/KSP are you running.  Picture of your gamedata folder?

Well, I have 2 identical KSP folders but all of the sudden one of them started working, one still dead...

5 minutes ago, Linker said:

Well, I have 2 identical KSP folders but all of the sudden one of them started working, one still dead...

Well then it sounds less like this mod is broken (which it isn't) and an environmental/installation problem.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  Good luck.

12 hours ago, Oyster said:

English is not my language. I use a translator.I apologize for the misunderstanding, I meant then himself.

I will try to make it easier to understand this time-allow me to rephrase.

For a module to be able to retrieve things from the planetary stockpile, it must have the following module:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePlanetaryLogistics
    }

If the part has this module, it must also have a pilot or quartermaster anywhere on board, as well as a container of the relevant resource (one that has 'ModuleResourceWarehouse'). If those requirements are met, it will pull things from the stockpile into the container when the level of the resource in the container drops to below a certain level.

At present only the designated Logistics Modules are able to do this. The Mobile Processing Units have the tag 'PushOnly = true' in the module which means that, while they can push to the stockpile, they cannot pull even with all the above requirements satisfied. Note that all modules can push to the stockpile while unmanned.

Couple questions...

This may be obvious but are the "automated" drills only different in not requiring a kerbal to operate?

Any suggestions for getting hab/home time up on space vessels for a long voyage? I've tried adding a hitchhiker and cupola from USI-LS but its only about 290 days. My only thought is inflatable hab ring but that requires a much bigger rocket and hauling a excrements ton of material kits into space. 

I realize the tundra inflatable hab can be used as a greenhouse, but the ranger hab seems far superior in base hab time and having a high multiplier (albeit affecting 2 fewer kerbals). Am I missing something as far as usage? 

Thanks guys

22 minutes ago, asgkatz said:

Couple questions...

This may be obvious but are the "automated" drills only different in not requiring a kerbal to operate?

Any suggestions for getting hab/home time up on space vessels for a long voyage? I've tried adding a hitchhiker and cupola from USI-LS but its only about 290 days. My only thought is inflatable hab ring but that requires a much bigger rocket and hauling a excrements ton of material kits into space. 

I realize the tundra inflatable hab can be used as a greenhouse, but the ranger hab seems far superior in base hab time and having a high multiplier (albeit affecting 2 fewer kerbals). Am I missing something as far as usage? 

Thanks guys

Regular drills can be operated without an engineer on board, at a relative efficiency multiplier of 0.05 plus 0.2 per engineer level (0 star=level 1). Automated drills do not use this mechanic, meaning their multiplier is always 1, so they are slightly less efficient than a standard drill with a 4-star engineer.

MKS has the kerbitats that increase habtime, including some that have a multiplier. The HHSC only adds raw time (one kerbalmonth = 30 days), and the cupola adds a multiplier to this-the inline kerbitats provide a lot more habtime than a HHSC as well as some powerful (stackable!) multiplier bonuses-raw habtime does not have a limit on how many kerbals it applies to, instead simply being divided by the number of kerbals on board. For hab multipliers, the hab multiplier is (if you are over the stated kerbal limit) divided by the number of kerbals divided by the kerbal capacity (e.g. the 2.5m kerbitat has a 2.35 multiplier with a cap of 4 kerbs, having 5 kerbs will reduce this to 2.35/(5/4)=1.88 times mult). Your end result will be ((total kerbalmonths*the multiplier)/number of kerbals)+0.25K-M per seat. The 3.75m kerbitats are the best (IMO, YMMV), since they fit well and inline and are pretty mass-effective-the inflatable habs also all require machinery to run (for some reason). Experiment with (multiple!) kerbitats set to hab-quarters (raw time) and hab-common (multiplier) to find the best balance between raw time and multiplier to use.

I recently patched USI-LS support into Stock Extension (SXT) if you want a larger choice of hab parts (including a habring 'lite'). You might also want to note that if your habtime is over 50 years kerbals on board gain permanent hab. You can also just launch the big habring into space pre-inflated, or simply give your ships some extra DV so you can burn a bit more fuel to drastically cut down travel times.

Edited by voicey99

I still had nullrefs in ModuleResourceHarvester_USI.PostProcess and ModuleResourceConverter_USI.PostProcess even with USITools 0.9.2. In both cases I tracked it down to "status" being null, and hence trying to check its value causes an exception.

I was able to work around it by stopping and restarting all USI converters and drills however.

The proper fix would probably be either to remove that code since things seem to work even when it doesn't run (because of the exception), or to check for status being null. I'm not sure what exactly that code is supposed to do though so I'm hesitant to submit a PR.

This may have been answered before but I fail to find it.  I know this mod is working and is a great mod but it is crashing my game on start up.  After all my other mods are installed I can install USI tools but once I install MKS the game crashes on startup.  I have tested with the other mods and have narrowed it down to this one mod.  I have made sure everything is up to date, so this is probably a conflicting mod issue.  Any clue to which mod it is conflicting with?  Or is it another issue?  I am doing Manual installs not ckan, and am running windows 7 on the 64bit launcher.  I have crash log as well if needed

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.9.2, AllYAllContinued - 0.11, Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804, Community Category Kit - 2.0.1, Community Resource Pack - 0.7.1, CommunityTechTree - 3.1, ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.6, Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1, CustomBarnKit - 1.1.12, DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9, DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.9, EVA Struts - 1.0.4, Firespitter - 7.6, Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.12.1, GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1, Impact - 1.6, Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.6.1, Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3, Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3, Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5, <b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.0.1, KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2, KWRocketryRedux - 3.1.4, Lithobrake Exploration Technologies - 0.4, ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4, Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7, Outer Planets Mod - 2.0, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.3, PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2, Portrait Stats - 1.0.14, Precise Maneuver - 2.3, RealChute - 1.4.4, RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4, RemoteTech - 1.8.7, AmpYear - 1.4.7, SafeChute - 2.1.7, <b><color=#7080FF>Sigma Binary</color></b> - 1.6.3, Sigma: OuterSpaceComms - 1.1, SpaceY Lifters - 1.16, StationScienceContinued - 2.3, Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.2.3, TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.13, TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.7, Toolbar - 1.7.13, Trajectories - 1.6.6, Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5, Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2, TweakScale - 2.3.6, USI Core - 0.4.1, Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1, Unmanned before Manned - 1.2.2.1, VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5, Waypoint Manager - 2.1.2, [x] Science! - 5.7

Edited by Delimetrius

1 hour ago, Delimetrius said:

This may have been answered before but I fail to find it.  I know this mod is working and is a great mod but it is crashing my game on start up.  After all my other mods are installed I can install USI tools but once I install MKS the game crashes on startup.  I have tested with the other mods and have narrowed it down to this one mod.  I have made sure everything is up to date, so this is probably a conflicting mod issue.  Any clue to which mod it is conflicting with?  Or is it another issue?  I am doing Manual installs not ckan, and am running windows 7 on the 64bit launcher.  I have crash log as well if needed

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.9.2, AllYAllContinued - 0.11, Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804, Community Category Kit - 2.0.1, Community Resource Pack - 0.7.1, CommunityTechTree - 3.1, ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.6, Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1, CustomBarnKit - 1.1.12, DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9, DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.9, EVA Struts - 1.0.4, Firespitter - 7.6, Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.12.1, GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1, Impact - 1.6, Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.6.1, Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3, Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3, Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5, <b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.0.1, KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2, KWRocketryRedux - 3.1.4, Lithobrake Exploration Technologies - 0.4, ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4, Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7, Outer Planets Mod - 2.0, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.3, PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2, Portrait Stats - 1.0.14, Precise Maneuver - 2.3, RealChute - 1.4.4, RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4, RemoteTech - 1.8.7, AmpYear - 1.4.7, SafeChute - 2.1.7, <b><color=#7080FF>Sigma Binary</color></b> - 1.6.3, Sigma: OuterSpaceComms - 1.1, SpaceY Lifters - 1.16, StationScienceContinued - 2.3, Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.2.3, TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.13, TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.7, Toolbar - 1.7.13, Trajectories - 1.6.6, Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5, Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2, TweakScale - 2.3.6, USI Core - 0.4.1, Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1, Unmanned before Manned - 1.2.2.1, VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5, Waypoint Manager - 2.1.2, [x] Science! - 5.7

Can you post a link to your output_log.txt and instructions on how to cause the crash?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

2 hours ago, Delimetrius said:

try updating GroundConstruction to 1.1.2.2, it solved the problem for me

Edited by Xirdhoom

@Delimetrius - I don;t see MKS in that list.  Also are you using CKAN or installing manually?  If manually, where are you getting your download?  Lastly, be sure to use the newly released version of Ground Construction (with AT Utils) that just got released today.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

@Delimetrius - I don;t see MKS in that list.  Also are you using CKAN or installing manually?  If manually, where are you getting your download?  Lastly, be sure to use the newly released version of Ground Construction (with AT Utils) that just got released today.

Sorry Mr @RoverDude , can you please clarify something on Ground Construction...

the version included in the MKS releases, is that modified at all from the official version release by @allista

should we use the Official version from Allista if he updates the official release newer than the MKS release ?

3 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Sorry Mr @RoverDude , can you please clarify something on Ground Construction...

the version included in the MKS releases, is that modified at all from the official version release by @allista

should we use the Official version from Allista if he updates the official release newer than the MKS release ?

judging by @allista's forum avatar, "she" may have been more appropriate, even better yet, you could have avoided any assumption by using 'they' or passive. :) 

24 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Use the official version as that's the one I will be including in the next update

13 minutes ago, canisin said:

judging by @allista's forum avatar, "she" may have been more appropriate, even better yet, you could have avoided any assumption by using 'they' or passive. :) 

No, it's definitely he :D

Spoiler

I think the "full size" avatar gives less space for interpretation, with the Adam's apple and all that.

hat.jpg.88d97a137b158002ab002c5a51a1201d

Anyway, it's alright: after enough roll-playing (D&D etc.) you stop worrying about races, sexes and names :cool: