CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

22 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

Astronomer's Visual Pack depends on Environmental Visual Enhancements, which currently is only compatible with KSP up to version 1.4.99.
You can check this in the relationships tab in the lower right.

To be able to install EVE and thus AVP you need to mark KSP 1.4.2 or 1.4 as compatible (via Settings > Compatible KSP versions).

Thank you very much. 

I've installed the latest version of CKAN a few days ago, but I found out that after I restart my computer that CKAN does not want to start up anymore.
I traced the problem to the GUIConfig.xml where as I delete that file CKAN does want to start again.

I am not sure what the specific problem may be within that file but for now I have the settings like this in the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Configuration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <CommandLineArguments>KSP_x64.exe -single-instance</CommandLineArguments>
  <AutoCloseWaitDialog>false</AutoCloseWaitDialog>
  <URLHandlerNoNag>false</URLHandlerNoNag>
  <CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch>false</CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch>
  <CheckForUpdatesOnLaunchNoNag>false</CheckForUpdatesOnLaunchNoNag>
  <EnableTrayIcon>false</EnableTrayIcon>
  <MinimizeToTray>false</MinimizeToTray>
  <HideEpochs>true</HideEpochs>
  <HideV>false</HideV>
  <RefreshOnStartup>false</RefreshOnStartup>
  <RefreshOnStartupNoNag>false</RefreshOnStartupNoNag>
  <RefreshPaused>false</RefreshPaused>
  <AutoSortByUpdate>false</AutoSortByUpdate>
  <ActiveFilter>1</ActiveFilter>
  <SortByColumnIndex>1</SortByColumnIndex>
  <SortDescending>false</SortDescending>
  <HiddenColumnNames />
  <IsWindowMaximised>false</IsWindowMaximised>
  <WindowSize>
    <Width>1024</Width>
    <Height>911</Height>
  </WindowSize>
  <PanelPosition>636</PanelPosition>
  <ModInfoPosition>404</ModInfoPosition>
  <WindowLoc>
    <X>104</X>
    <Y>104</Y>
  </WindowLoc>
</Configuration>

Edited by Pointblank66

On 4/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, cebri1 said:

Hello,

I'm having an issue with CKAN, I've always used it but for several months now it doesn't seem to understand which KSP version I've got. I'm currently running the latest version, but it checks most mods as "Incompatible". Any reason it may be doing this?

https://imgur.com/a/oUKXO5q

Thank you. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, DasSkelett said:

Astronomer's Visual Pack depends on Environmental Visual Enhancements, which currently is only compatible with KSP up to version 1.4.99.
You can check this in the relationships tab in the lower right.

To be able to install EVE and thus AVP you need to mark KSP 1.4.2 or 1.4 as compatible (via Settings > Compatible KSP versions).

Actually, this can also be a bug. While it is true that AVP depends on EVE and EVE is just compatible with KSP 1.4.2 - 1.4.99, I just noticed that there are a few mods which are listed as "Incompatible" after updating CKAN to 1.26.0, which where "Compatible" on CKAN 1.25.4 and AVP is one of them.

This is my 1.6.1 career install, it is completely managed by CKAN, KSP 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 are set to be compatible KSP versions. After updating CKAN, the filter shows 987 compatible, 148 cached and 1172 incompatible mods:

Spoiler

wqRfrfU.png

This is my 1.6.1 testing install, I use it to test mods, also completely managed by CKAN, KSP 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 are set to be compatible KSP versions. After updating CKAN, I deleted the CKAN folder from the KSP install and now, CKAN shows 994 compatible, 145 cached and 1165 incompatible mods:

Spoiler

7UPV8GO.png

I've tried so far:

- Updating the repository via 'Refresh'
- Removed any additional compatible KSP version in the settings and applied the changes
- Added back the additional compatible KSP versions and applied the changes

I'm going to open a github issue for this one but in the meantime, do you guys have an idea for a workaround which doesn't require to delete the whole CKAN folder from the KSP install? Obviously, this will mess up pretty much everything.

Something odd.

i use CKAN 1.26.0, W10.

I have three instances configured. I start CKAN normally and select on of the instances, lets call it Roverdude. Nothing happens, no CKAN, no errors, nothing but the icon in the taskbar. If I click there I get a message saying I have CKAN open. 

I kill the process, start CKAN again and try with another instance, Kerbalism. This time it starts as usual.

File>Manage KSP instances and select Roverdude. It changes to that instance without problem.

I close CKAN, open up again and select Roverdude. Now works as intended.

22 hours ago, Tacombel said:

Something odd.

i use CKAN 1.26.0, W10.

I have three instances configured. I start CKAN normally and select on of the instances, lets call it Roverdude. Nothing happens, no CKAN, no errors, nothing but the icon in the taskbar. If I click there I get a message saying I have CKAN open. 

I kill the process, start CKAN again and try with another instance, Kerbalism. This time it starts as usual.

File>Manage KSP instances and select Roverdude. It changes to that instance without problem.

I close CKAN, open up again and select Roverdude. Now works as intended.

Maybe you encountered the "window offscreen bug" https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2717.

If it happens again, look into your GUIconfig.xml, see if the window location is -32000, -32000, and if so set both values to 0 (see details in the linked GitHub issue).

On 4/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, Pointblank66 said:

I've installed the latest version of CKAN a few days ago, but I found out that after I restart my computer that CKAN does not want to start up anymore.
I traced the problem to the GUIConfig.xml where as I delete that file CKAN does want to start again.

I am not sure what the specific problem may be within that file but for now I have the settings like this in the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Configuration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <CommandLineArguments>KSP_x64.exe -single-instance</CommandLineArguments>
  <AutoCloseWaitDialog>false</AutoCloseWaitDialog>
  <URLHandlerNoNag>false</URLHandlerNoNag>
  <CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch>false</CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch>
  <CheckForUpdatesOnLaunchNoNag>false</CheckForUpdatesOnLaunchNoNag>
  <EnableTrayIcon>false</EnableTrayIcon>
  <MinimizeToTray>false</MinimizeToTray>
  <HideEpochs>true</HideEpochs>
  <HideV>false</HideV>
  <RefreshOnStartup>false</RefreshOnStartup>
  <RefreshOnStartupNoNag>false</RefreshOnStartupNoNag>
  <RefreshPaused>false</RefreshPaused>
  <AutoSortByUpdate>false</AutoSortByUpdate>
  <ActiveFilter>1</ActiveFilter>
  <SortByColumnIndex>1</SortByColumnIndex>
  <SortDescending>false</SortDescending>
  <HiddenColumnNames />
  <IsWindowMaximised>false</IsWindowMaximised>
  <WindowSize>
    <Width>1024</Width>
    <Height>911</Height>
  </WindowSize>
  <PanelPosition>636</PanelPosition>
  <ModInfoPosition>404</ModInfoPosition>
  <WindowLoc>
    <X>104</X>
    <Y>104</Y>
  </WindowLoc>
</Configuration>

Is that the file after you deleted it, or the one which wasn't working?

What exactly do you mean with "does not start anymore"?

If you are able to, would you like to open a issue on GitHub? It's easier for us to help you over there.

Edited by DasSkelett

Recently Got back in to Kerbal and started as I always do ….. Downloading CKAN. It was a fresh install of Kerbal via steam and the most recent version of CKAN

After restarting my computer for the first time after install CKAN wouldn't Start and I got a window up with: 

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Required property 'install_to' not found in JSON. Path 'available_modules.10kmOmniEVA4RT.module_version.1.install[0]', line 47, position 1.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EndProcessProperty(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, Int32 initialDepth, JsonProperty property, PropertyPresence presence, Boolean setDefaultValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Load()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate()
   at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor(String path, KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance(KSP ksp)
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser user, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

Any ideas 

JK

21 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Feature request: TD:LR Would love a feature where we can use mods that worked from 1.4.1 & 1.6.1 version of KSP to say Compatible. Specially for part's mods & utility mods. 

If I understand you correctly, this is already possible. You can set multiple KSP versions to be compatible with your installed KSP version:

Spoiler

qJEBiLw.png

2 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

If I understand you correctly, this is already possible. You can set multiple KSP versions to be compatible with your installed KSP version:

Hide contents

qJEBiLw.png

Cool I seen a tutorial on this on YouTube. Would mods like Transfer window planner work with features like this?

5 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Cool I seen a tutorial on this on YouTube. Would mods like Transfer window planner work with features like this?

By using this feature, CKAN allows you to install mods like Transfer Window Planner (and every other mod which is compatible with the versions you've configured in the settings). Of course, there is no warranty for the mod to actually run properly, but most mods from 1.4.x will run perfectly fine in 1.5.x and 1.6.x. No idea about 1.7.x though, I guess it's fine as well.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

10 minutes ago, chateaudav said:

Since the update, all the mods are flags as new, even after a few days.. how can i fix that ?

Thanks.. =)

I think this occurs if you have "Auto update repository" active in the settings. We are aware of the problem.

Maybe it's just me, but when I try to install/update KER via CKAN, I get this error:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.6.0: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpFACF.tmp has length 944258, should be 944264
   in CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   in CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

I'm using CKAN 1.26.0 with KSP 1.7.0 under Windows 10.

Edit: I think it may be an issue with Windows Defender. When I download the file manually form Github, it warns that the file may be dangerous. Should I maybe raise this issue in the KER's thread?

Edited by garwel

No longer relevant:

Spoiler

Could the RedOnion mod listing be modified to include Lukáš Fireš under author names? He is a co-author. He is @firda

If ckan has trouble with accented characters I think he is fine with "Lukas Fires".

EDIT: Oh, I see that it is just taking author name from spacedock and I can get him to set up a username on spacedock. I will do that.

Edited by evandisoft

11 hours ago, garwel said:

Maybe it's just me, but when I try to install/update KER via CKAN, I get this error:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.6.0: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpFACF.tmp has length 944258, should be 944264
   in CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   in CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

That download had to be replaced to update the version file to specify KSP 1.7 as a minimum version (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/1437). The bot will update the metadata with the new size in its next pass.

Navigatiing the module list with the keyboard (arrows, pgup, pgdn,...) on v1.26.0 , I found that the home and the end keys weren't handled as expected and trigger a System.InvalidOperationException.

Should I open a github issue for that?

16 minutes ago, evandisoft said:

I thought that CKAN would take the author name change from spacedock. (I added firda's spacedock username there), but it did not. Could someone modify the ckan metadata for RedOnion to use the current author list from our spacedock?

Color me perplexed...

1MABKmD.png

mLpKmRl.png

What actual problem are you having?

I swear I had checked prior to making that post. Sorry for the inconvenience. It is now listed the right way.

I think it was because I had the old version still installed. Once I installed the new version it immediately updated the author list in the ckan application.

I guess I was assuming the author list shown was either using most recent metadata regardless of version, or it would show author list based on newest version availabe, not installed version. My bad.

Alternatively, I suppose, it could have just not have updated until now.

Edited by evandisoft

On 4/10/2019 at 9:07 AM, Knight5search said:

After restarting my computer for the first time after install CKAN wouldn't Start and I got a window up with: 

Unhandled exception:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Required property 'install_to' not found in JSON. Path 'available_modules.10kmOmniEVA4RT.module_version.1.install[0]', line 47, position 1.[...]

Any ideas

Looks like you ran CKAN 1.25.4 (or earlier) after restarting; 1.26.0 doesn't treat 'install_to' as a required property anymore. Double check which file you're running and make sure it's the most recent.

Hi, is there a way for me to edit the Tundra Exploration CKAN files and add a new one for my upcoming release? I got some CKAN changed (AKA dependencies etc that needs changing)

Also, all CKAN METAs for TE have the wrong Licensing.

Edited by damonvv

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

Hi, is there a way for me to edit the Tundra Exploration CKAN files and add a new one for my upcoming release? I got some CKAN changed (AKA dependencies etc that needs changing)

Also, all CKAN METAs for TE have the wrong Licensing.

Yes, both of those are easy to address. Can you please describe the needed changes in a new issue in the tracker?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Every time I open CKAN for the first time each boot, I am presented with this pop-up:

4WYnzgD.png

I presume that something is not functioning correctly with the 'anyof' metatag that was introduced recently as if I click 'Yes' to reinstall, it reinstalls fine but the message appears again if I reboot the PC and open CKAN. I have even uninstalled the skyboxes through CKAN and manually to see if that resolved the issue but it did not.

Its not breaking anything with the install but is a little annoying. Any thoughts?

21 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Any thoughts?

Would you mind creating an issue for this? I tried installing that mod and restarting/updating a few times, and I didn't get the popup, so we'll need more info about your setup to investigate this.