Jump to content

CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

CKAN lists Firespitter Core as a dependency for Lithobrake Exploration Technologies, while it's not a dependency - it couldn't be found in the configs and there is no information about the dependency in LET's thread.

Huh, that's weird, thanks for letting us know. As far as I can tell you're 100% right, so I'll go remove that shortly...

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

Also, the mod Fuel Tanks Plus is marked as 1.9.1 compatible in CKAN but it's not. Many users complain about its radial tanks causing major problems and the mod is officially marked as 1.4.1-compatible, not 1.9.1.

That comes directly from the author-entered data on SpaceDock:

w4I0W4c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HebaruSan Speaking of compatibility, I've found more wrong metadata.

The mod Infernal Robotics Next is marked as "any" but the author says it was last compiled for 1.7 and is said to work with 1.8.x but not 1.9.1 according to 2 users.

Also, nightingale's contract packs have issues in latest KSP even though they're marked as "any", and nightingale is inactive so it can't be changed by them.

Edited by Krzeszny
Nevermind v2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

The mod Infernal Robotics Next is marked as "any" but the author says it was last compiled for 1.7 and is said to work with 1.8.x but not 1.9.1 according to 2 users.

Hmm, the version file says it's compatible with 1.4.0 and up, and that's what CKAN is using:

K1owATs.png

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

Also, nightingale's contract packs have issues in latest KSP even though they're marked as "any", and nightingale is inactive so it can't be changed by them.

Hmm, you mean it was a bad idea to set the max version to "1.99.99"? I'm shocked, shocked! :sticktongue:

We can look at this if you can explain which mods you're talking about and what the problems are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, you mean it was a bad idea to set the max version to "1.99.99"? I'm shocked, shocked! :sticktongue:

We can look at this if you can explain which mods you're talking about and what the problems are.

IIRC, somewhere in IR Next thread and KJRn thread Rudolf have explained why it is marked as compatible with future versions of KSP. It was more related to Unity game engine than KSP itself how those two mentioned mods work with joints and therefore should be working with "any" future KSP verions. But, I would not be so brave to claim that. In my experience, if there is some slim chance that something can go wrong on update, it will go wrong. Murphy was right on this one :).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, the version file says it's compatible with 1.4.0 and up, and that's what CKAN is using:

This mod https://github.com/meirumeiru/InfernalRobotics/releases hasn't been updated for close to a year. According to multiple users, it doesn't work anymore in 1.9 but according to one user, it worked in 1.8.x - see the latest posts. Seems like it's compatible with "1.4.0 and up"... to 1.8. Perhaps even 1.8.9, but evidence suggests it doesn't support 1.9.

 

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

We can look at this if you can explain which mods you're talking about and what the problems are.

I meant these contract packs: Kerbal Acadamy, Tourism Plus, Field Research. But the evidence that they're broken is not enough, so they all need further testing.

 

 

Furthermore, this mod is not version-specific, so you can change it to "any".

 

Edited by Krzeszny
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

This mod https://github.com/meirumeiru/InfernalRobotics/releases hasn't been updated for close to a year. According to multiple users, it doesn't work correctly in 1.9 but it worked in 1.8.x - see the latest posts. Seems like it's compatible with "1.4.0 and up"... to 1.8. Perhaps even 1.8.9.

Oh wow, it even says it explicitly in the release note:

rtfiyS9.png

3 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

I meant these contract packs: Kerbal Acadamy, Tourism Plus, Field Research. But the evidence that they're broken is not enough, so they all need further testing.

OK, please let us know once that testing has been done (and/or tell us what is allegedly broken about them).

3 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

Furthermore, this mod is not version-specific, so you can change it to "any".

Nah, CommunityResourcePack's author specifically maintains a version file tracking its compatibility:

It's not anyone else's place to tell him he's wrong about that. If he agrees it can be used on 1.9, he can merge this PR:

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Oh wow, it even says it explicitly in the release note:

rtfiyS9.png

Alright, I agree with the rest of what you said, however, the mod hasn't been updated for a year and the author hasn't been online for over a month. The information that it "works with KSP 1.7.2 and later" is out of date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Alright, I agree with the rest of what you said, however, the mod hasn't been updated for a year and the author hasn't been online for over a month.

Alright, I'll ask for info on the mod's thread shortly.

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

The information that it "works with KSP 1.7.2 and later" is out of date.

FYI, "1.7.2 and later" isn't for the version we're talking about. That's for 3.0.2, which is marked as a pre-release and so not even indexed in CKAN. The version in CKAN, 3.0.0, is for "1.4.0 and later".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right forum. If not, I guess I'll get flamed :P

Feature Request.

It would be nice to be able to flag a mod for download/install once all dependancies are updated.

For example I would like to install RSS on 1.9.x however that requires Kopernicus which is only at 1.8.x

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

It would be nice to be able to flag a mod for download/install once all dependancies are updated.

For example I would like to install RSS on 1.9.x however that requires Kopernicus which is only at 1.8.x

You might want to make a new label with the "Notify on updates" option enabled, then apply it to RealSolarSystem. You'll get a notification when it becomes compatible with your install.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is your weekly CKAN report. Color Coded Canisters conflicts (majorly) with ReStock and Ven's Stock Parts Revamp. The conflict results in shrinking the length of the meshes visually, so that rockets have holes in them between fuel tank joints. The author of CCC is currently inactive.

Edited by Krzeszny
mesh
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

This is your weekly CKAN report. Color Coded Canisters conflicts (majorly) with ReStock and Ven's Stock Parts Revamp. The conflict results in shrinking the length of the meshes visually, so that rockets have holes in them between fuel tank joints. The author of CCC is currently inactive.

OK, added some conflicts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

I have been using CKAN for mods for a long time. I cannot use it anymore because of this error: 

That error message contains a suggestion of how to fix that. Did you try it?

3S6gick.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CKAN client v1.27.2 "Chandrasekhar" is released!

Black hole

Changes since 1.27.0

Features

  • [Netkan] Create skip-releases option for NetKAN (#2996 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Multiple] Check current dir for portable install (#3005 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Adding Simplified Chinese Localization (#3014 by: 050644zf; reviewed: HebaruSan)

Bugfixes

  • [GUI] Don't report an unknown error if it is known (#2995 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [GUI] Extend -single-instance fix to 1.9 (#3001 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Core] Check compatibility of providing modules (#3003 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Respect installing modules during dependency resolution (#3002 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [GUI] Fix reinstall prompt crash (#3006 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Treat metapackage depends as not auto installed (#3008 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Improve modpack identifier validation (#3025 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Disable reinstall option for AD mods (#3034 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Consider supports in recommendations screen descriptions (#3028 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Internal

  • [Netkan] Don't stage if compatible with current game version (#3031 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.27.2

Edited by HebaruSan
Link to post
Share on other sites

@HebaruSan I was alerted to an issue with Modular Launch Pads on CKAN, in that it needs to have its dependencies listed or CKAN won't install them.

So they are:

B9PartSwitch: https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch  (the only required dependency).

Animated Decouplers: https://github.com/Starwaster/AnimatedDecouplers (actually not required, but does allow the animated retracting parts to be staged and not just manually triggered).

Community Category Kit: https://github.com/BobPalmer/CommunityCategoryKit (for the CCK category tab I support).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

@HebaruSan I was alerted to an issue with Modular Launch Pads on CKAN, in that it needs to have its dependencies listed or CKAN won't install them.

So they are:

Thanks, will take care of it.

1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

B9PartSwitch: https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch  (the only required dependency).

FYI, there is no version of B9PartSwitch for 1.9.0, so you might want to mark MLP as for 1.9.1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks, will take care of it.

FYI, there is no version of B9PartSwitch for 1.9.0, so you might want to mark MLP as for 1.9.1.

The latest B9PS (v2.16.0, as well as v2.15.x) is for KSP 1.9.1

I don't actually use CKAN (just clicked the CKAN button on Spacedock), I was just notified of this issue by someone else who does use it, so I don't really know what's going on. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

The latest B9PS (v2.16.0, as well as v2.15.x) is for KSP 1.9.1

Right (emphasis added):

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

FYI, there is no version of B9PartSwitch for 1.9.0, so you might want to mark MLP as for 1.9.1.

1.9.0 is relevant because that's what MLP is set for as of now:

ZKcur2Y.png

This mismatch means that users will need to manipulate their compatible versions to install MLP, but if you changed that Game Version field to 1.9.1, that would no longer be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Right (emphasis added):

1.9.0 is relevant because that's what MLP is set for as of now:

ZKcur2Y.png

This mismatch means that users will need to manipulate their compatible versions to install MLP, but if you changed that Game Version field to 1.9.1, that would no longer be the case.

Ah, thank you! I forgot all about changing to 1.9.1

Done! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...